VT @ OSU

Ryan4VT

It's gameday! None of the experts think we have a shot (aside Desmond Howard).

I think we have a very real shot. Our Defense is scary fast and underrated. As long as we keep ahead of the chains on offense and that crowd out of it, I think we win.

Thoughts?

I hope you are right but I feel like our offense will revert to what is has been the last 5 years(terrible) against a pretty good OSU defense....I do think our defense will keep us in the game but IMO I think our offense won't be able to do near enough to pull out a victory tonight.....I sure hope I am wrong though(on a side note i've been wrong MANY MANY times LOL)

I just feel like under the LT3 years, Thomas wasn't very poised in the pocket. When it collapsed, he took off, and never looked up. Brewer is different. The pocket collapsed last week, he took off up the middle, looked up, and made a great pass to a wide open Ford. He made some throw aways that LT would have forced it and gotten an INT. He ran out of bounds several times instead of trying to pick up the extra yard and getting hurt. Brewer is the leader of that side, and it shows.

We have 3 or 4 good RBs, and the core as a whole is very young. When one gets tired, just plug in another outstanding freshman and let him go. Same thing with the WRs. I don't think our offense is quite as bad as people think. This comes down to who makes the most mistakes. I like our D better than theirs. And I like Brewer better than their new QB. This will be a low scoring, defensive game. I think we win 24-21. 

Maybe the best decision maker at that position the we have had.  Could be he had three years with another staff to develop him.  Not being negative....Beamer and Co.  have been more successful developing defensive players and running backs....QB, WR and OL not so much.......If Tech can continue this up, may get interesting this year.

I'm exhausted. Going to bed a happy man.

What an amazing effort tonight.

I'm exhausted as well. And I'm honestly surprised the cops weren't called out to Baptist Valley tonight for how loud it was on that interception.