Richlands @ Grundy FB Updates (Thursday)

tbgfan

I will not be posting scores tomorrow night... will be checking my phone for updates.

Heading tomorrow to metro Nashville to see a 'big game' on Saturday. The 2nd grader, playing in the Blackman League, is in the second round of the playoffs of the TN Youth Football League. They are undefeated at 8-0.  What's so awesome for the kids making it to the championships... each age group/classification play their championship games at Vanderbilt Stadium. How great an experience is that for these youth!!! (Blackman HS is ranked #1 in TN in TSSAA 6A...GO Blaze)

GO Giles Spartans...GO Blfd Beavers!!!

Got to catch this game, Grundy played alright, but the field was god awful. Even the refs couldn't get around that field. Every time that ball hit the mud/grass it would just make a thud in the mud. Truly was a mud bowl. But, Grundy will be something in the next couple of years, I keep hearing that their team is really young this year.

Jack Compton needs to take over the program and run it how he wants to. I don't think there is anything wrong with Ward and the rest of the coaches, but someone who is old school and doesn't take any shit period needs the reigns. Yes the wrestling team does hurt the football program and yes it does keep some kids from playing. It needs to be wrestling season during wrestling season and after state kids need to lift and get to their normal* weights for football season if their going to play football. It would be nice to if Grundy could ease up on their scheldule and try to play people they can compete with and not worry so much about the damn gate money... Grundy will be good again and knock the dog shit out of people again soon I feel. Let Compton have it Grundy if he wants it. At least we know they will be knocking the hell out of people again then.

bunch of pics from the game if anyone wants to see the mud. 

I don't know what the complaining is all about, the Richlands kids seemed to enjoy it as much as the Grundy kids did last night...I know when I played, I would have loved it. They were sliding around in it after the game.

https://www.facebook.com/lance.ratliff.5/media_set?set=a.10203826289190101.1073741879.1006095924&type=3

Let me know if that link doesnt work...i set the album to public so everyone should be able to see it.

bunch of pics from the game if anyone wants to see the mud. 

I don't know what the complaining is all about, the Richlands kids seemed to enjoy it as much as the Grundy kids did last night...I know when I played, I would have loved it. They were sliding around in it after the game.

https://www.facebook.com/lance.ratliff.5/media_set?set=a.10203826289190101.1073741879.1006095924&type=3

Let me know if that link doesnt work...i set the album to public so everyone should be able to see it.

I think some of the people from Richlands have forgotten that they won a state championship with field conditions at Richlands similar to the ones last night at Grundy. Salem complained about how bad the field was after they played Richlands so much that the VHSL changed the way teams could host championship games. The fans from Richlands complained about how Salem was city folk and that was the way football should be played. How times have changed, I guess Richlands has become city folk! Not to mention this was the basis for "cleat gate". Last night, Richlands was by far a better team, and showed class by not running up the score. It is a given if you play Grundy late in the year at Grundy, the field is going to be a mess. It is called adapting to playing conditions!

Really......cleat gate again.......is that all you can say.......you know,  I don't think there were a lot of the Blues fans complaining,  as a matter of fact,  a lot of us were saying how we use to enjoyed playing in the mud and snow and other bad conditions !    I think you need to go back and reread the thread.  No Richlands fan complained on here.  Razor was just saying what Mance had said,  and I think any good coach would be worried about his players in those conditions the week before the playoffs.

Really......cleat gate again.......is that all you can say.......you know,  I don't think there were a lot of the Blues fans complaining,  as a matter of fact,  a lot of us were saying how we use to enjoyed playing in the mud and snow and other bad conditions !    I think you need to go back and reread the thread.  No Richlands fan complained on here.  Razor was just saying what Mance had said,  and I think any good coach would be worried about his players in those conditions the week before the playoffs.

Nothing to worry about, except maybe getting mud in the eye? I don't think any humans were harmed in the playing of the game.

...and don't get me wrong, I love going to Richlands for a game every now and then...beautiful field and great lighting...but you know every now and then it's nice (and fun) to watch a game out in the elements...whatever they might be...that's what makes football great, and the more extreme the better.

For those kids that played last night I'm sure there are a lot of games that they wouldn't really remember from this season that were played on a perfect surface...but, none of them will forget playing in that game last night...which otherwise, would have been just another forgettable and  boring blowout.

You should had listened to the idiots on the radio!! They complained enough for everyone in Tazewell County!