GC Blues round two

ba961

OK? Maybe im not trolling just speaking the truth. However, I do like the whining of the mighty Gate City. Also, I dont put much into a comment from a UVA fan, I mean really why are you on a football message board, do they have football there? Never heard of em.

OK? Maybe im not trolling just speaking the truth. However, I do like the whining of the mighty Gate City. Also, I dont put much into a comment from a UVA fan, I mean really why are you on a football message board, do they have football there? Never heard of em.

OH WOW, I DIDN'T KNOW MY SCHOOL'S FOOTBALL TEAM WAS TURRIBUL.  

YOU REALLY GOT ME THERE, HURR HURR HURRRRRR.

Just making sure UVAObserver judging by some of your comments I wasn't so sure you did. Thought maybe you thought they were a "gold" standard" like these people from GC that are living in a fantasy land believe. Gold standard i would be embarrased to call any program the "gold standard" especially Gate City. At least have the most state championships in little ol Southwest VA before you even claim your the best at anything.

Well,  I would sure put Gate City at the top of the list in SWVA !  I think we have a VERY good program and at least in my mind in the top  3 or 4 of football programs in SWVA,  but I would put GC up in the 1 spot.  Who in your infinite wisdom is better.  Who has been more consistent, and won more championships that is still in existence ? And i am asking in all honesty  because I really don't know how many state championships most schools have won.

Never said Gate City wasnt a good program.However, lets be honest with ourselves to call them a "gold standard" is overboard, but lets remember we are talking about GC fans. Like how you put that is still in existence in there because we all know one school that had, has, or however you want to put it more championships than GC. Also, how could you put them above Richlands. Richlands practically beat them head to head the last few years except this year. RHS beat them in the playoffs, and RHS goes deep in the playoffs every year. So, no you cant just put  GC as 1 at all. Top 5 definetely i never said a word about their team. This whole thing started about their field.

History means a lot man. I'm not old enough to remember but I know in the 70's and 80's and even late 90's richlands was for the most part not very good. The past 10 have been pretty good for us though. Gate city has basically always been really good. They may have "just" 5 championships in roughly the last 40 years. (Isnt that just pitiful..not in my opinion) but the other roughly 35 seasons they didn't end on top they were still very close to it generally for the most part. We all know Powell valley has 8 rings and even Appalachia 6(if I'm not mistaken) but no program in my opinion has been consistently as good as gate city in swva over the course of the last 4 decades. That's how you become a gold standard. No one always wins. But even when they don't they usually don't go down easily.

If your talking decades now GC would go behind the two nonexistent schools u mentioned. Rings are gold, I think they set the gold standard. But anubody that knows anything about football  knows that there is not a program in SWVA thats a gold standard. Your gonna have to go to Texas, Florida, or places where a teams compete for championships every year, and usually win 5-7 in a row at a time. Thats gold standard.

That's interesting. This is a swva forum. We generally talk about football in swva.not football in Texas.i don't have any authority on this page at all but in my opinion if your so down on swva then why the hell do you not get off this page and go talk to people in Texas about there football teams because quite frankly it doesn't make a damn to me and probably a lot of other peopke on here. I'm not even from gate city. But you downing them repetitively is getting old. Find something else to do

"

Posted Today, 11:30 AM

History means a lot man. I'm not old enough to remember but I know in the 70's and 80's and even late 90's richlands was for the most part not very good. The past 10 have been pretty good for us though. Gate city has basically always been really good. They may have "just" 5 championships in roughly the last 40 years. (Isnt that just pitiful..not in my opinion) but the other roughly 35 seasons they didn't end on top they were still very close to it generally for the most part. We all know Powell valley has 8 rings and even Appalachia 6(if I'm not mistaken) but no program in my opinion has been consistently as good as gate city in swva over the course of the last 4 decades. That's how you become a gold standard. No one always wins. But even when they don't they usually don't go down easily. "

Exactly my feelings BJD1993 ! 

Nobody is a bigger RHS fan than me,  I played and graduated from Richlands,  but if we are being honest,  as stated, back in the 70's and the 80's,  we were a very hit and miss team........and mostly miss,  but as of the early 90's ,  we became a much better program and over the last 12 years or so we are one of the top 3 in SWVA, and in my opinion I think top 2,  but GC has always either been at the top or near the top,  from the 70's through today.  Lets also not forget Giles,  for what they have done over the many years.  But some may not consider them " in our area and part of SWVA ". 

By the way,  yes i did say still in existence,  because while you would have a great argument a couple of years ago about who is the gold standard when Appalachia and Powell Valley were still in existence as schools, but they can't be considered now,  at least in my opinion.   They can be in the past,  but not now.  And that is not to disrespect either of those great programs,  I just simply think to be considered the gold standard in 2014 and onward,  you have to still be a school.

Anyway, enough of this subject.

I'm not down of SWVA football. I love SWVA football, im just a realist and don't live in a fantasy land like some of you. There is some good football played in SWVA but lets be honest with ourselves, I wouldn't categorize them as a "gold standard." You clearly think your program is better than it is if you call it a "gold standard." Also, BJD93 thanks for the info didnt know what part of the country i was commenting on. To help your little mind understand what I was doing. The only reason i mentioned Texas, is because that is what a real gold standard program is. Guess I didnt read the message board rule book that says never mention anything but SWVA football.O, and my simple replies aggravating you all that much, is all the more reason to stay. Have nice day gentlemen or ladies, and clean up you language for goodness sakes.

My "little mind"? easy on the insults or I might cry..too late. The genius broke my little spirit. Get real buddy. You don't know me or my "mind" but I'd bet a great deal I'm much more intelligent than you are

Your arguments invalid. No one said gate city was the gold standard of all of high school.football.It was originally stated that gate city was the gold standard of swva. Which doesn't include Texas.no one said they were Allen high school

So you can read a lil bit. My fun for 2 days is over listened to GC fans cry when someone talks about Legion Field or them losing. Also, listened to people like you cry about, while just cry in general. So im done trolling this sorry message board of people who just think they are football geniuses.

Where were you during the 10 wins? I don't care what you think about GC's program, stadium, fans, town, etc. I'm proud of our kids and what they represent. The "gold standard of SWVA" didn't even come from a GC fan. Go back under your rock until next season.