Ridgeview Football

Dick_Vitale

haysi and Clintwood played some pretty good teams in the past few years.......Clintwood played a few more bigger schools...(tenn.) ky)VA)....won more than we lost.....but... the bigger schools could sub a lot more..when our  starters had to play both ways.. so id say given just a little jell time.........was at media day at school, today...........all parents, players there.........coach spoke to everyone.......looks like everyone is on same page......

I think instead of being bitter most people participating have a firm grasp of the opportunity set before them. The story of Haysi and Clintwood is  they were as good as anyone but often got wore down by larger schools. I think the feeling is that the playing field has been leveled now lets play ball

I think instead of being bitter most people participating have a firm grasp of the opportunity set before them. The story of Haysi and Clintwood is  they were as good as anyone but often got wore down by larger schools. I think the feeling is that the playing field has been leveled now lets play ball

Don't think I'm bitter. They have the chance to be a great football team. Two powers of late in single A coming together when both were still relevant has the potential to be a great season. But there's so many factors that come into this, and that's why I'm hesitant to get to high on the Wolfpack yet. After they have a few games under their belt, I'll reassess and go from there.

I mean the kids, parents, coaches and fans of Ridgeview. Instead of being bitter about the closing of their schools they are seizing the opportunity before them

Winning will cure that. When I came to Tazewell from Pocahontas when it closed everyone was bitter, but after 3 or 4 straight wins to start the season everyone started to get over it pretty quickly.

I mean the kids, parents, coaches and fans of Ridgeview. Instead of being bitter about the closing of their schools they are seizing the opportunity before them

I agree,

2 and 3 years ago there were a small but VERY vocal group that was deadset on stoping consoladation at any costs.

Wise Co. had the same issues during there consoladation.

Just like in Wise Co I think that the kids will be fine together Facebook and other socal sites have made the world smaller

I'm hoping that Ridgeview does well this season. I know that we Tug Valley folks hated to lose Haysi from our schedule. We also fully understand consolidation, as it tends to gobble up small community schools. I'll be lurking but not posting a lot since we don't play any Virginia teams this season. Good luck, Ridgeview!

I hope it stays that way, it will be much better for the kids, and the sports teams in the long run.  As I have said before, 31 years after Rich Valley and RB Worthy (Saltville) combined to make Northwood you can still look into the stands and see division between the older groups.  This bunchs sits here and that bunch sits there, while they are both bashing the current school and team.  I was talking to my Father-in-law this weekend, he is one of the ones I just refered to, (RB Worthy Grad) both of his children went to Northwood and this is what he said "I have never been a Northwood fan nor will I be a Northwood fan, I wish they had never combined them it wasn't needed".  He is far from the only person on the north side of I81 to think like that.  I hope this is not something the newley consolidated schools have to put up with, I know it's there but I hope it's not as hurtfull to the school or the building of new friendships and teammates as is has been for someother schools.

I hope it stays that way, it will be much better for the kids, and the sports teams in the long run.  As I have said before, 31 years after Rich Valley and RB Worthy (Saltville) combined to make Northwood you can still look into the stands and see division between the older groups.  This bunchs sits here and that bunch sits there, while they are both bashing the current school and team.  I was talking to my Father-in-law this weekend, he is one of the ones I just refered to, (RB Worthy Grad) both of his children went to Northwood and this is what he said "I have never been a Northwood fan nor will I be a Northwood fan, I wish they had never combined them it wasn't needed".  He is far from the only person on the north side of I81 to think like that.  I hope this is not something the newley consolidated schools have to put up with, I know it's there but I hope it's not as hurtfull to the school or the building of new friendships and teammates as is has been for someother schools.

Seen it in Lee too the over recent years, however, as the parents become Lee grads instead of Pennington-Jonesville alums, I think that will begin to change.

Ridgeview Wolfpack leaders#hcfh pic.twitter.com/uffeYg3bWj

CMOsuA1UEAAUTYg.jpg
11:50 AM - 12 Aug 2015 · 

A total of 71 players for the Ridgeview Wolfpack#hcfh pic.twitter.com/MTjruDpeuA

CMOtPYDUwAAuo-v.jpg
11:52 AM - 12 Aug 2015

great state

How did the scrimmage go for the Wolfpack?

Oline is not where it will need to be but seems like a group that will have enough kids that can play that they can rotate and stay freash

Running game was scetchy but showed flashes of being on point

Passing game looked very good with Arturo and hill being 2big targets

Most impressed with the d as they are going to get to the qb and make them hear footsteps

Lots of penalties and that will have to get better as they killed two big plays and hurt other drives as well as extending some of Shelby valley

Overall good first showing but needs a lot of polishing 

^ Artrip not Arturo lol  

I agree with everything Counts said.

The timing was off up front and that caused some penetration issues on Traps/Pulls but the OL looked solid with straight ahead runs and the RBs turned something into nothing several times, given a clean front the running game could be good. 

Passing game looked really good. Some nice long passes and some really good short ones. 

There were 3 players who are in competition to be the QB; 1 sure handed QB with limited ability, 1 QB with ability but didnt look comfortable and 1 incredible athlete that isint really a QB but can pass well enough and run really well. Who knows how it will work out. The 3rd options abilities at WR/TE may hold him back from playing QB.

I was impressed with the Offense; I-Form based both Pro and Twins but other formations were mixed in to take advantage of the talent and versatility this team has(nothing I hate more than " _______  is a RB so hes gonna only play TB and run the ball", why not move him around???).

The Defense looked REALLY good. Not dominant but tough against the run(SV didnt throw very often). I think thy will be stout enough up the middle and big, athletic and quick on the edges. Enough so that they will be able to keep contain and put a lot of pressure on QBs. The D mixed up the formations some as well.

Overall a good night and a good start to the Ridgeview program