Oh, Bud Foster

I dont think this is such a bad idea IF their board is covered in their scholarship. It would basically mean instead of ordering Dominos and Chinese food this week youre gonna have to eat in the cafeteria. I see no harm and it is a lesson learned(as long as the fine is within reason). BUT IF board isint covered its despicable.

http://www.admiss.vt.edu/cost/

20,711 + 3,280 = 23,991.   Thats not much less than what I make now, and im paying back student loans. Oh and thats not counting gym access and world class athletic training(could also count as additional career training for guys that are NFL bound). I AM NOT going to feel sorry for the players, its just not going to happen. 

I dont think this is such a bad idea IF their board is covered in their scholarship. It would basically mean instead of ordering Dominos and Chinese food this week youre gonna have to eat in the cafeteria. I see no harm and it is a lesson learned(as long as the fine is within reason). BUT IF board isint covered its despicable.

http://www.admiss.vt.edu/cost/

20,711 + 3,280 = 23,991.   Thats not much less than what I make now, and im paying back student loans. Oh and thats not counting gym access and world class athletic training(could also count as additional career training for guys that are NFL bound). I AM NOT going to feel sorry for the players, its just not going to happen. 

That link is offensive to me!  I should seek legal action based on my chosen profession.  UVAO, can you assist?

Engineering Students

1000-level engineering courses will be charged an additional $30 per credit hour.

So, UVA what tools would you use to fix attitudes.  How many millionaires would you say Bud has developed in time.  If  I had ever had a chance like these guys I believe I would have done what is expected of me to get to that pay check.  Take away discipline and what would you have.  If we were behind the scenes and knowing college kids, would imagine the money gets spent on more than food. Have to believe we're judging something without a  complete insight.

So, UVA what tools would you use to fix attitudes. How many millionaires would you say Bud has developed in time. If I had ever had a chance like these guys I believe I would have done what is expected of me to get to that pay check. Take away discipline and what would you have. If we were behind the scenes and knowing college kids, would imagine the money gets spent on more than food. Have to believe we're judging something without a complete insight.

Playing time reductions, running suicides, and if bad enough, dismissal. You know, the way every other college does it.

I'm not drinking any kool-aid. If this happened at Tulane, I would say the same thing. 

These players are under a full ride. That includes the highest meal plan at a college that has THE BEST CAFETERIA IN THE NATION. Food isn't taken off their table. Extra spending money is if they screw up. 

Should it happen? I don't know. I don't get to decide that. But I don't feel one bit sorry for them. They are rock stars on this campus. They need to learn the responsibility that comes along with that. Period.

I think you are spot on.  The education that they are receiving is the payment. I am not completely endorsing the "fine" system, but they do need to be held accountable.

So, if the money is removed from their bowl stipend, what happens if they run out of money from the stipend and keep breaking team rules and/or VT doesnt qualify for a bowl on said year, or player isnt eligible for a bowl game?  Does it come from their own pocket then?

So, if the money is removed from their bowl stipend, what happens if they run out of money from the stipend and keep breaking team rules and/or VT doesnt qualify for a bowl on said year, or player isnt eligible for a bowl game? Does it come from their own pocket then?

It's a moot point, because Babcock stopped it completely.

Maybe we should talk about Cincy who has come out saying they will move forward with a fine system coming from their allotment.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any sympathy. Their college is PAID FOR. I'm in tens of thousands of dollars of debt for my tuition. Theirs is free. I have to work in a work study job to feed myself. They get money from the college. 

They made the choice to be an athlete and play football. If they screw up bad enough to warrant a fine, then that's on them. You won't see my doing something to lose my job. It's called responsibility.

I'm not drinking any kool-aid. If this happened at Tulane, I would say the same thing. 

These players are under a full ride. That includes the highest meal plan at a college that has THE BEST CAFETERIA IN THE NATION. Food isn't taken off their table. Extra spending money is if they screw up. 

Should it happen? I don't know. I don't get to decide that. But I don't feel one bit sorry for them. They are rock stars on this campus. They need to learn the responsibility that comes along with that. Period.

Bingo!! My only question is where the fines were going........charity?