Week 1 College Football predictions

RiverRat24

Thoughts and predictions on a few games! Maybe name a few sleeper games you think people are overlooking as well. I'm just gonna name most of what I would consider the appealing match ups....whether it be due to rank or just the wow factor of new coaches at the helm. Post em fellas!!!

#1 Ohio State vs VT

#2 TCU vs. Minnesota

#3 Alabama vs. #20 Wisconsin

#4 Baylor vs. SMU

#6 Auburn vs. Louisville

#11 Notre Dame vs. Texas

#13 UCLA vs. Virginia

#15 Arizona State vs. Texas A&M

#21 Stanford vs. Northwestern

#23 Boise State vs. Washington

#25 Tennessee vs. Bowling Green

Utah vs. Michigan

North Carolina vs. South Carolina

BYU vs. Nebraska

Games of the week IMO:

#1 Ohio State vs. VT

National champs are loaded again but for some reason I think Tech still has a little something for them just like last year....especially in Blacksburg. If Brewer can up his game and if VT has found a solid RB that is healthy I think they can possibly do it again.

#3 Alabama vs. #20 Wisconsin

Curious as to how well the QB play will be for Bama. Overall team success will hinge on him.....Henry will be a beast as usual but if Bama doesn't have a passing game Wisconsin may be able to dial up up a defense to stop him. Wisconsin has a RB that's gonna emerge himself this year....but they also have a QB dilemma in Stave. Could be one helluva match I do believe.

#6 Auburn vs. Louisville

I think this is a tricky game right out of the box for Auburn. Louisville was loaded with talent last year and I think they will be solid again this year. I think it hangs in the balance of how well the QB performance is for Auburn.

#11 Notre Dame vs. Texas

Some say this should by all rights be a blowout but I don't really see it. The biggest question right now is how well QB Zaire will play for ND and how good they are altogether. I see 9-3 or 10-2 at best for the Irish while some have them in the Final 4. Kinda unknown how good either team is.....Texas may suprise under Charlie Strong and may give them fits or upset the Irish (I sure hope not)

I'll let you fellas do the honors before I make my picks.

I can't agree with you on Bama and Sconsin!  For the first time in a LONG time, Wisconsin made a poor choice in coaches.  Add that to the fact that they have had significant turnover within the coaching staff over the past few seasons, I believe they will struggle.  This game will be out of hand early.

I think Auburn has significantly more talent across the board than Louisville.  However, Louisville has Bobby Patrino.  I don't like the man and feel he has a certain "sleeze ball" mentality to him but you can't argue what he can do coaching kids.  This could be an upset in the making.

I think Texas beats Notre Dame outright and A&M knocks off Arizona State.  I may not be picking "major upsets" but based on ranking, which means nothing at this point, they would be considered upsets.

I am also interested to see how the Michigan Utah game shakes out.  The fighting Harbaugh's may surprise some people this year.

Just kidding I'm a tech fan also, if they can hang close I would be happy.

We will hang close. OSU has 4 of 5 starting WR/H-Back players out for us. I think we can hold them to a low score.

I need to repay you for a previous bet. How many times I've called trying to make good on it!

I'll bet OSU -11. Whatcha wanna bet?

I know, I know. Our schedules never line up hahaha. 

Hmmmmmmm. What do you think is suitable?

I can't agree with you on Bama and Sconsin! For the first time in a LONG time, Wisconsin made a poor choice in coaches. Add that to the fact that they have had significant turnover within the coaching staff over the past few seasons, I believe they will struggle. This game will be out of hand early.

I think Auburn has significantly more talent across the board than Louisville. However, Louisville has Bobby Patrino. I don't like the man and feel he has a certain "sleeze ball" mentality to him but you can't argue what he can do coaching kids. This could be an upset in the making.

I think Texas beats Notre Dame outright and A&M knocks off Arizona State. I may not be picking "major upsets" but based on ranking, which means nothing at this point, they would be considered upsets.

I am also interested to see how the Michigan Utah game shakes out. The fighting Harbaugh's may surprise some people this year.

If Wisconsin defense can manage to contain Derrick Henry in the slightest I think they have a shot.....coaching problems or not. There's a big QB debacle in Bama this year and I think that keeps the ball out of the extremely young and talented playmakers hands at WR. If they are too one dimensional with Wisconsin that's when I think the badgers have a shot.

I'm am ND fan and even aside from that, I still think they will pull put the W against the Longhorns....whether or not it's pretty I'd be afraid to say. If this was 2016 against the Longhorns I might have to predict against my team.....but I think Texas is another year away from being a real solid team under Coach Strong. Even though I'm unsure of the team ND is fielding this year. They may flop and lose 5 games...who knows.

And even though I can't stand the Wolverines....I'll be making it a point to watch alot of their games this year. Harbaugh is like a train wreck, you just can't help but watch....and the man is a helluva coach. I'm interested in seeing how fast he gets results from those boys. Oscar Meyer may have some competition in that conference alot sooner than he anticipated.

For some reason I just don't think A&M beats the Arizona State. I have Arizona State a close 2nd in the Pac 12...i think they will be a tough out.

Have they even named the starter at QB yet for OSU? I've not been able to watch much TV here lately and I haven't checked on their site on Rivals to see.

Nope. He said he will name the starter when he trots out on the field Monday. 

Twitter will break at that exact moment. 

I think even though they won the national title with Cardale last year, Urban would be crazy not to start Barrett. Cardale is talented obviously and a beast running the ball, but I think his cockiness and attitude might come back to bite him at some point if he played a full season. From some of the practice clips I seen on Rivals videos.....Cardale didn't look sharp at all and if that is any indication of who he picked as a starter then it's a no brainer. Definitely not anything similar to what he displayed last season.

#1 Ohio State  -  34

VT -  24

tOSU will be out for revenge. If it wasnt for what happened last year I would side with VT in this one due to the loss of Bosa and no proven WR for tOSU.

#2 TCU  -  27
vs. Minnesota - 23

I think Jerry Kill has the Gophers ready for this one.  TCUs lack of linebackers will hurt in this one but TCU squeaks by.

#3 Alabama   - 20

#20 Wisconsin - 17

This game will be ugly.  Kiffen does a good job of taking a below average QB and making them at least average.  Expect a lot of rollouts limiting the decisions Bamas QB has to make.  Bamas D wins this game for them.  I think Chryst will do fine at Wisconsin.  He is a product of their system and knows what it takes to win there.

#4 Baylor  - 54

SMU - 38

Enjoy the TD celebrations.

#6 Auburn - 52 

Louisville - 24

Auburn should be scary good this year if Muschamp has improved the defense.

#11 Notre Dame - 32

Texas - 13

Charlie Strong is not getting out of the gate as well as I expected at Texas.

#13 UCLA  - 30

Virginia - 13

#15 Arizona State - 41

Texas A&M - 52

Possibly the best game of the weekend as long as you dont like prefer grind em out defensive games.  Chief will make A&Ms defense better but it wont be evident in this one.

#21 Stanford - 34

Northwestern - 10

Cardinal crush the Cats.

#23 Boise State - 23

Washington - 27

The master gives the apprentice one more lesson.

#25 Tennessee - 45

Bowling Green - 17

BG  isnt a slouch but the Vols should cruise in this one.

Utah - 32

Michigan - 24

The Utes ruin Harbaughs return.  Rudock is not the quality of QB Michigan needs to turn around the program.

North Carolina - 34

South Carolina - 30

Last team with the ball wins. Should be a fun game to watch with lots of offense but both teams shooting  themselves in the foot a few times.

BYU  - 37

Nebraska - 21

The old black shirt defense wont be on display for the Huskers this week.