Wcyb potw?

West12aaa

We're proud of Dawson. The 2 TDS TW scored on us was the only 2 times he touched the ball. Most of Us Lee fans would love for him come to Lee High next year. Most of those kids are seniors.

It would sureprise me if TW lasts till next year, Consolidation is the word on the street in the halls of TW due to teaching shortages

It would sureprise me if TW lasts till next year, Consolidation is the word on the street in the halls of TW due to teaching shortages

Consolidation rumors been around a long while but if Lee did absorb TW, I don't know how they'd avoid 3A status.  They aren't very far from it now without adding any.  900-1000 students most certainly if TW's is added and the way Lee's enrollment tends to jump around a good bit, a good increase in numbers wouldn't put them far from 4A.

3A would be a bad really bad for Lee, 4A would be a disaster.

I do think if TW was closed then a lot of students would go to TN or KY schools. There are MUCH closer options than Lee but still, Lee would move up to 3A. 1.5 Hours from the nearest 3A school and 3+ form the rest.

Although... could Lee County do the 2 on 1 thing that was considered by Wise Co(Wise was considering 3 on 1). 2 seperate schools operating from one facility.  It would take some restructuring but it could probably work. Every student from East of the School would be Lee East, every student from West of the school Lee West. That would leave them with 2 mid sized 2A schools

3A would be a bad really bad for Lee, 4A would be a disaster.

I do think if TW was closed then a lot of students would go to TN or KY schools. There are MUCH closer options than Lee but still, Lee would move up to 3A. 1.5 Hours from the nearest 3A school and 3+ form the rest.

Although... could Lee County do the 2 on 1 thing that was considered by Wise Co(Wise was considering 3 on 1). 2 seperate schools operating from one facility. It would take some restructuring but it could probably work. Every student from East of the School would be Lee East, every student from West of the school Lee West. That would leave them with 2 mid sized 2A schools

Would the VHSL grant them a waiver to play down due to travel hardship? Other than Abingdon, they have to be 4 hours away from any other 3 or 4a school

Would the VHSL grant them a waiver to play down due to travel hardship? Other than Abingdon, they have to be 4 hours away from any other 3 or 4a school

No the VHSL would allow them to play in a mixed district like Abingdon does now but they would be 3A come playoff time.

I had heard that the VHSL was looking at tweaking the alignment again (Possibly bringing back regions)