Top Senior QB'S in SWVA

wave316

Lundy's season stats were posted in the local paper today.

Completions      101

Attempts            187

Interceptions         0

Touchdowns       15

Yards              1615

Is Lundy a senior?

Sixcat. Totally different thread so I apologize. Different Moe Weaver

Thanks for letting me know.  The Moe Weaver who lived beside me was kind and a very knowledgeable sports fan.  Man, did he love his dog.  I have some shitty neighbors, Mr. Weaver wasn't one of them and he is missed.

Spears should not be offended, and he did arguably outplay Asbury at the Park, but JL Asbury seems to be the more accurate QB with the stronger arm, but Spears may be the best runner outside of Collier. Its no shame to be ranked behind such elite QBs like Sturgill and Lundy.

John Luke is a much better QB now than he was in week two. I also understand that could be said about a lot of players but Richlands folks would probably agree with me on this. He is so much more comfortable and the game has slowed down for him. I like Spears a lot. I was very impressed with him.

Overall

1- Sturgill

2- Asbury

3- Lundy

4- Spears

Just my opinion......

Sturgill, Asbury and Spears are all very good qbs. They all have their strong points. I believe Asbury is the better pocket passer with very good accuracy. Sturgill has an unbelievable release and the ability to scramble. Same with Spears, good accuracy and can scramble and run well. For me, its hard to put one above the other. But if I was forming a team, I think I would choose Sturgill. Haven't seen the Lundy kid.

Not a senior but Central QB Dalton Mullins has rushed for over 1200 yards and threw for 22 TDs this season as a sophomore. His senior season should be a dandy

I was waiting for someone to mention Dalton Mullins! He has shredded defenses with his ability to run. Probably a defensive coordinators nightmare to have a dual threat!

Neither Asbury or Sturgill are seniors but if you rephrase your question to all QBs in SWVA then my ranking would be

1a Asbury

1b Sturgill (Richlands just has a better o-line)

2 Collier

3 Spears

I am just going on by the games and QBs I have seen in person.

Collier is a junior!

"

John Luke is a much better QB now than he was in week two. I also understand that could be said about a lot of players but Richlands folks would probably agree with me on this. He is so much more comfortable and the game has slowed down for him. I like Spears a lot. I was very impressed with him.

You are right Razor,  he has grown and continues to grow as a QB.  I would like to see him run a little more when he has no open receivers..........which doesn't happen very often,  but when he has had to run,  he's been pretty effective.  I would also like to see him not lock on to one receiver quite as much.  He has gotten much better,  but still does at times.  That's one of the hardest things for a young QB to learn though,  but he has gotten better !  Can't wait to see his growth from this year to next.

1A. Sturgill

1B. Asbury

2. Spears

3.Lundy