GW vs. Rural Retreat

smiley

Make me!! You coal field hicks think you are so tough

That's a great way to get people to take you seriously. Its great to debate and disagree but to call out us uneducated fools here in the coal fields is foolish. Most of the guys and gals on here are not fools or idiots. Do we make posts sometimes that are stupid and wish we hadn't........yes. What you just did is not right. Tiger is as respected as anybody on this board and knows more about football and most of the teams around here than a lot of coaches and certainly all of us here. I wish we had him on the staff here at Richlands.........lol

Bias is something that comes in cycles. If your team is performing good for an extended period of time.....that teams fans are going to be present and vocal. If your team is not performing good it seems the fans are fairly invisible. Richlands has been goodfor a while.......ttherefore the fans are present and vocal. I understand people on here hate us and hope we lose every game. Then there are people on here that just love football and especially people like RedTiger, Canes, Hurricane, UVAobserver, Ryan, Gman, Legend, CityofRaven, Blueinbama, TruBlue, Stubean, Bulldogs and on and on.........

I like this site and it is well respected. Maybe you should just try and reboot and talk football.....something we all like to do. I will be your friend if you allow it but that post was just wrong. Good luck to you

I did, I was just stating my opinion and people started in on me! I have always pulled for Richands and respected them....Some of the fans on here make me think differently about supporting them

Thats one thing I was curious about, it seems RR has had a good season and so has Bland but Bland has proven to be a product of schedule(still a solid team, just not as good as they looked early) while RR has maintained and produced a good record. Was the Bland game a slip up or does RR just look better than they are?

I did, I was just stating my opinion and people started in on me! I have always pulled for Richands and respected them....Some of the fans on here make me think differently about supporting them

Theres nothing really wrong with your original post other than its just a statement, not the way to start a thread. Ive always felt theres a little responsibility involved when starting a thread. Starting a thread is starting a discussion, not shooting off at the mouth. If you wanna make a statement do it in the chat box 

Hey smiley, everyone has bad days and good days, and I'm sure your not a bad dude. Let's just forget the whole thing with your thread, and start over. Hey, My team is from the Hogo too, and these guys here treat me just fine. Respect is a 2 way street. I respect everyone on this web site. I may not always agree with every comment or post, but I respect their right to post their opinion. With some of these guys, it seems as if I know them, but I have never met them in person.I have enjoyed football for over 60 years of my life. I hope to have a few more years to post comments like this one, but I realize my days are getting shorter on this earth. Your life is just getting started, my friend. We are all your friend in Christ. Enjoy the moment and live life to it's fullist. May God Bless you today and everyday in the days to come.

I'm going to assume smiley is a NW fan since the game did get a little chippy. Sorry your team lost, more class is usually showed when win by 4 td's. NW is a solid team don't know what happened with the gw game. As far as the hogo title game per say. I'm going with RR on this one, mostly because I'm a fan. The bland game for RR I believe was a game that was overlooked by RR as the kids on the team had never seen a close bland Rr game. Most other games where pretty close to same margin of victory for both RR and Gw, with the except on on galax, which smacked RR after having 3 losses with chance to won them all(wrong place and time for RR), pH where rr won by 3-4 td's and GW won by 3-4 points, and of course NW which was same only rr won my the points and gw won by tds. All and all will be a great rival game and little brother gets to have one this year 33-28 RR. Just an opinion take it easy on me

I'm going to assume smiley is a NW fan since the game did get a little chippy. Sorry your team lost, more class is usually showed when win by 4 td's. NW is a solid team don't know what happened with the gw game. As far as the hogo title game per say. I'm going with RR on this one, mostly because I'm a fan. The bland game for RR I believe was a game that was overlooked by RR as the kids on the team had never seen a close bland Rr game. Most other games where pretty close to same margin of victory for both RR and Gw, with the except on on galax, which smacked RR after having 3 losses with chance to won them all(wrong place and I'm for RR), pH where rr won by 3-4 td's and GW won by 3-4 points, and of course NW which was same only rr won my the points and gw won by tds. All and all will be a great rival game and little brother gets to have one this year 33-28 RR. Just an opinion take it easy on me

Nothing wrong with your post. You should back your team and good luck tomorrow night.

Welcome to the board

Thats one thing I was curious about, it seems RR has had a good season and so has Bland but Bland has proven to be a product of schedule(still a solid team, just not as good as they looked early) while RR has maintained and produced a good record. Was the Bland game a slip up or does RR just look better than they are?

If I was told correctly (and I can't verify it personally), RR had 7 turnovers against Bland. 

Both RR and GW have been playing similar styles of football over the course of the season...Spreading the ball around, keeping defenses honest with the passing game, timely defense, and wearing the opposition down in the trenches. Barring turnovers and penalties, the game should come down to who plays that style better than the other. I expect a close game at the half, and possibly late into the 3rd qtr with one team pulling away down the stretch.

RR is fully capable of winning this game. They have enough talent to do it, but I do think they'll have to play their cleanest game of the season. 

I will say that yes this site may have more RIchlands/Union fans the other school schools, but they are very educated and respectful just like their programs. All they were saying is that when you post a thread about a big upcoming game, they dont want to see it starting out as bashing another team.

Just because someone doesn't agree with your post doesn't give you the right to spout off at the mouth name calling and such. Where do you live "smiley"? Huh? If your on this site thenow it's not that far from these coal fields. If you ask me your the idiot. Man up and when someone disagrees or calls you out quit name calling and post facts.

Galax played both teams in back to back weeks in late September.  Galax came out somewhat flat to open the game against Rural Retreat.  Maybe a bit of hangover from opening the season with heartbreaking losses to Glenvar and Radford on the last play of each game.  Rural Retreat led 20-19 at halftime but it was clear, Galax wasn't giving it's best effort.  Galax erupted for 26 unanswered in the third quarter and won 45-27.  This was, in my opinion, the best half of football Galax played until the Narrows game six weeks later.

The George Wythe game was a classic back and forth momentum game.  Galax jumped out to a 14-0 lead rather quickly.  George Wythe came back with 28 unanswered to take a 28-14 lead.  Galax answered with two touchdowns in the forth quarter only to have the extra point blocked that would have sent the game to overtime. 

Rural Retreat has improved quit a bit since mid-September.  I think the game will be close but George Wythe has too much speed and talent at the end of the night.

I will say that yes this site may have more RIchlands/Union fans the other school schools, but they are very educated and respectful just like their programs. All they were saying is that when you post a thread about a big upcoming game, they dont want to see it starting out as bashing another team.

This^^

The Union fans have sprung up like weeds in the past year or so!

This site used to be mostly Bluefield and Graham fans. Then it was Bluefield and Richlands. Now it's Richlands and Union. That's just the way any regional board will work unfortunately. I wish we had more advertisement so we could get more people from other schools.

I'm proud of everyone this year!  It took until Week 11 before somebody jumped the track...Smiley won't be smiling anymore...at least, not in these here coal field hick parts...

banhammer-o.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Also, he reported redtiger. How funny. 

Hey there Hhstigers7327, please read my previous post. Please man let's all give smiley a break and forgive and forget his post and this whole darn thread. Man, life is way too short to let small things get under our skin. I think smiley has learned a lot since his initial thread and post. Heck, I have even learned a lot, so let us all just put this whole thing aside and get on with our usual post. I am doing just that, and I feel that would be in the best interest of smiley and all the other members of the site. With younger people, sometimes it takes a while for them to see what things in the world is all about. I realize that words can offend and hurt when it comes our way, especially from our youth, but it is the responsibility of the elders on the great Earth to help them, and give sound advise to them. May God Bless us all, and especially, smiley.