Rustburg vs Abingdon

Falcon Mania

From the film I have seen on MaxPreps, Rustburg has a very athletic dual threat QB in Dante Jones. He mainly runs but he does throw the occasional pass. He seems to push the ball instead of throwing it so his passes don't have a lot of zip. If DBs are in good position there could be some picks. But like I said, he runs much more than he throws and he runs it well....especially between the tackles. They have a 6-3, 315 DT that can move pretty well for his size. Looks like they run a 4-3 D. If AHS can stop Jones and Sturgill can roll out or step up into the pocket to stay away from the DT then he will have success. Then also have a WR about the same size as Yates but I co uldn't tell much about his hands. I've just watched clips and clips don't tell everything of course. Being at home really helps AHS and if they can score early I think they can win this. It will be a close game I think. They only lost to Appomatox by 3 and App is the #1 2A seed, right? So AHS will have their hands full but I think Reed and company will have the boys ready with a solid game plan. My early prediction is AHS 35 RHS 28. I say early prediction because it's only Tuesday and I may learn more about Rustburg as the week progresses....so I reserve the right to change my prediction. Lol.

Rustburg played 4 teams with winning records. They lost all four. They had some close wins over bad teams. However, they had very close games, in losing, to the #1 teams in 2A and 4A, and a top 10 team in 3A. Difficult to figure out. I will, however, be rooting for Abingdon all the way!

Abingdon will have to stop the run...no doubt about it.  The Falcons need to take care of the football and try to create turnovers from Rustburg.  Turnovers aren't easy to get when a team primarily runs the ball.

I hope the Falcons can get an early lead and maybe try to force Rustburg to throw the ball.  It will not be an easy game but the birds have the ability to win this one if we play to our potential in all 3 phases of the game.  Am expecting a huge and enthusiastic crowd...should be a great atmosphere Friday night.

GO FALCONS!!

Falcons definitely have the fire power on offense to make this an interesting game.  If they rachet up their defense and can establish a moderate run game, I think this has the makings of a competitive game.  Running back needs to have a good game.

I am seeing more signs around town for the Falcons now that it is playoff time. 

If I weren't going to see my Blues play would not mind taking in this game.

GO FALCONS

GO BLUES