Clinch Mountain All Conference Team

Dick_Vitale

Thoughts?

I don't really know much about the clinch mountain but I thought I read a few weeks ago that Mitchell from union played defensive end? Then he makes first team LB, & then wins defensive back of the year?

I don't really know much about the clinch mountain but I thought I read a few weeks ago that Mitchell from union played defensive end? Then he makes first team LB, & then wins defensive back of the year?

ALIENS-guy.jpg

LB'rs included with DB's for defensive back of the year.

Mitchell plays OLB, I agree with him being first team but not sure on the DB of the year. Rasnick from Lee is a better LB IMO but I know being on the conf championship team makes a difference in these. Regardless, congrats to all these kids! Great conference for football for sure!

EH31, players are divided into two groups; Linemen and Backs.

Rasnick should have been Defensive Back of the year. The most unstoppable force on Defense in the District imo.

The Ridgeview players are appropriate imo, although I think Ryan Turner had a much better year at Safety than RB. OL of the year was well earned by Wade Turner, the kid spent the year putting DTs and DEs on their backs. 

He was technically an OLB, but most of the team he lined up like a DE. Unlike a DE he did provide coverage against passing teams.

He was technically an OLB, but most of the team he lined up like a DE. Unlike a DE he did provide coverage against passing teams.

They really used him in a hybrid type role. I never saw him line up as a DE on the Strong Side but he did on the weak side and on passing downs.  

Thing that stands out to me is the absence of Gavin..no way there are 4 wrs in the conference better than him.

These all conference teams are driven by stats instead of real impact. Unfortunately towards the latter part of the season, Gavin was under used in the offensive scheme of things. He was primarily a decoy because he drew double coverage. Hopefully he gets invited to a couple of all-star games.

These all conference teams are driven by stats instead of real impact. Unfortunately towards the latter part of the season, Gavin was under used in the offensive scheme of things. He was primarily a decoy because he drew double coverage. Hopefully he gets invited to a couple of all-star games.

More of a horse swap..ie. you vote for mine and I vote for yours to ensure we both get at least one.