Projected 1a west playoffs

West12aaa

Did some number crunching and record keeping to come up with definite list much like March madness

Top seed 1-4

Locks:

Honaker

Radford

Gw

Fighting for seed

Jib/Eastside/Castlewood (assuming everyone doesn't split)

Aurburn

Chilhowie

Twin valley

Work to do/bubble team 7-16

Northwood

Fort chiswell

Narrows

Extreme bubble

Everyone else

By district

Cumberland 48

Crooked road 47

I'll update in January with much more depth, see if you spot any mistakes or have any input, trying to be unbiased

• 1 month later...

Did some number crunching and record keeping to come up with definite list much like March madness

Top seed 1-4

Locks:

Honaker

Radford

Gw

Fighting for seed

Jib/Eastside/Castlewood (assuming everyone doesn't split)

Aurburn

Chilhowie

Twin valley

Work to do/bubble team 7-16

Northwood

Fort chiswell

Narrows

Extreme bubble

Everyone else

By district

Cumberland 48

Crooked road 47

I'll update in January with much more depth, see if you spot any mistakes or have any input, trying to be unbiased

Any updates?

1 - 12 are in decent shape, everything else will depend on power points. If some one will give me a crash course on power points I'll do that crunching, however I never understand the Basketball power points or get it to calculate out due to the sheer number of games.

THIS IS ALL DEPENDANT ON RECORDS not my opinion or thoughts of skill

1 Honaker

2 Radford

3 Chilhowie

4 George whyte

5 Eastside

6 Castlewood

7 Aubrun

8 Fort Chiswell

9 Northwood

10 J I burton

11 Narrows

12 Twin valley

13 holston

14 Covington

15 Rural Retreat

16 Thomas Walker

17 Parry McClur

18 Hurley

1 - 12 are in decent shape, everything else will depend on power points. If some one will give me a crash course on power points I'll do that crunching, however I never understand the Basketball power points or get it to calculate out due to the sheer number of games.

1 Honaker

2 Radford

3 Chilhowie

4 George whyte

5 Eastside

6 Castlewood

7 Aubrun

8 Fort Chiswell

9 Northwood

10 J I burton

11 Narrows

12 Twin valley

13 holston

14 Covington

15 Rural Retreat

16 Thomas Walker

17 Parry McClur

18hurley

1 Honaker

2 Radford

3 Chilhowie

4 George whyte

5 Eastside

6 Castlewood

7 Aubrun

8 Fort Chiswell

9 Northwood

10 J I burton

11 Narrows

12 Twin valley

13 holston

14 Covington

15 Rural Retreat

16 Thomas Walker

17 Parry McClur

18 Hurley

GW beat Chilhowie didn't they?

In no way is this intended to be disparaging.  It just baffles me.

How the hell did Chilhowie lose by 18 to a hapless Galax team last night?

Galax, no matter the sport, is the team that just shocks people come down to the end of the season in stuff.

Ask Essex and Riverheads this year in football, ask Radford last year in basketball.

The regional basketball playoffs are still 8 teams, correct?

Galax, no matter the sport, is the team that just shocks people come down to the end of the season in stuff.

Ask Essex and Riverheads this year in football, ask Radford last year in basketball.

The regional basketball playoffs are still 8 teams, correct?

Galax has been exceptional in football for several years now.  The Essex and Riverheads games weren't the huge upsets people perceive them to be.

Basketball, over the past dozen years has been great also but this season, has tapered way off.  They returned 8 points from last season.  Not 8 points per game but 8 points TOTAL.  They are a very strong defensive team given most of the kids came over from football but lack anything resembling scoring and can't shoot a lick.  Last season, Galax had Clif Conley, Dominic DiGiacomo and Caleb Bartlett.  Conley averages 10 points per game at E&H as a freshman and plays significant minutes.  DiGiacomo and Bartlett were three year starters who could score and shoot the basketball.  

In a typical year, Galax record in basketball can be very deceiving given they play a very tough and ambitious schedule.  I think you will find, this isn't the typical Galax basketball team.

1 Honaker

2 Radford

3 Chilhowie

4 George whyte

5 Eastside

6 Castlewood

7 Aubrun

8 Fort Chiswell

9 Northwood

10 J I burton

11 Narrows

12 Twin Valley

Here is my opinion. The best three schools in SWVa are Union, Radford and George Wythe.

If Union were to be a Group A school now, they would own Eastside and Cusano. They would be looking to own the Group A crown with Radford every year.

Sorry Honaker. You really aren't that good. All you have are four very very average guys around a 6'9 kid who just has to bullies himself inside to score. That's why he is at Honaker anyway. If he were still at Lebanon he would have to face the athletic BEARS and realize there are other people just as big as him. If you put Barnette and Mitchell and Noaks on any Group A team around here, they win the state championship. That's just truth.

How good is Honaker really when a very average Gate City team barely beat them at home. A bunch of us from The 'Gap watched that game. That's when we knew we could win the conference this year. Even now Gate City struggles to beat Abingdon a team we defeated easily.

If we had all those superior teams to play like Twin Valley, Grundy, Council, Hurley, Patrick Henry, Northwood. I think I state my case.

Honaker #1 in Group A but probably #23 in SWVa.

Just the cold hard facts.

1 Honaker

2 Radford

3 Chilhowie

4 George whyte

5 Eastside

6 Castlewood

7 Aubrun

8 Fort Chiswell

9 Northwood

10 J I burton

11 Narrows

12 Twin Valley

Here is my opinion. The best three schools in SWVa are Union, Radford and George Wythe.

If Union were to be a Group A school now, they would own Eastside and Cusano. They would be looking to own the Group A crown with Radford every year.

Sorry Honaker. You really aren't that good. All you have are four very very average guys around a 6'9 kid who just has to bullies himself inside to score. That's why he is at Honaker anyway. If he were still at Lebanon he would have to face the athletic BEARS and realize there are other people just as big as him. If you put Barnette and Mitchell and Noaks on any Group A team around here, they win the state championship. That's just truth.

How good is Honaker really when a very average Gate City team barely beat them at home. A bunch of us from The 'Gap watched that game. That's when we knew we could win the conference this year. Even now Gate City struggles to beat Abingdon a team we defeated easily.

If we had all those superior teams to play like Twin Valley, Grundy, Council, Hurley, Patrick Henry, Northwood. I think I state my case.

Honaker #1 in Group A but probably #23 in SWVa.

Just the cold hard facts.

23rd!! I'll take it! Especially with all the dream teams floating around swva.

Gameday your a joke. Everyone on here laughs at you and your assessments of the teams.

No one from Honaker gets on here and trys blowing Honaker up. So whats your deal bashing them? Since we are 23rd in SwVa, show me a list of the 22 teams in front of them.

As for Union who have they really beat that makes them so great?

Gameday your a joke. Everyone on here laughs at you and your assessments of the teams.

No one from Honaker gets on here and trys blowing Honaker up. So whats your deal bashing them? Since we are 23rd in SwVa, show me a list of the 22 teams in front of them.

As for Union who have they really beat that makes them so great?

Nope... Honaker fans save it for my Facebook timeline!  Lol.

In all seriousness though, 99.75% of the Union people I've interacted with this year since the birth of Ridgeview have been great.

If you were at the Arby's Classic this year, you would know that Sullivan East fans are the absolute worst.