Virginia Tech 70, Virginia 68 FINAL

Going to be gloating about this till the rematch later in the season in Charlottesville.

Lol...

I am happy that we get VT again on 2/9. We have lost 1 ACC conference game at home in 3 seasons, and that was to a future national champion who had a furious rally to win. This will add a powder keg to the game in 36 days.

Much credit to VT for strong, precise defensive execution. Bibbs and LeDay were fantastic from outside. VT will not be the whipping boy this year that they were last.

Just don't s*** the bed the rest of this ACC season like the last 4 years.

I fully expect a UVA win in Charlottesville. We aren't on the level where we can do this night in and night out yet. But we have a good little rotation going and the others are picking up the slack since Clarke is out.

We will NOT finish bottom two in the league this year. I've said all season and off season that if this team can get on a roll, they can be an NIT type team. Now it's time for them to to prove it.

I'll savor this win for 35 more days.

What I saw out of VT was a level of competitiveness not seen in many years. Those kids can play but they have to learn how to compete at the ACC level. Looks like Buzz has them going in that direction. Should add excitement to college basketball in this state as long as VT maintains this momemtum.

As sweet as it is... If I had to choose between the two, I would've chosen that this win happened last week against WVU.  I hate the Mountaineers with a passion ever since they ripped my VT car flags off of my car.

I hate WVU with a passion ever since I went to a game in Morgantwon...screw those cowards....only time they talk shit is when they have someone out numbered 3-1 or more and the first time I went I was with my buddy and his wife and father in law and those cowards only talked shit to her and buddy's father in law

Great win last night and just have to come with that passion every game and not just against UVA and they will get a few more wins

And UVAO I think everyone here including Hokie fans know UVA will beat them in C-Ville.....but we have a split at the worst right now and most tech fans would take that this year

And whoever it was that said "Tech will have to hit 15+ 3's just to have a shot"......Ha Ha Ha Ha WRONG!

But i'm not get on here and gloat because I know UVa is the better team and VT just played very well last night....about the same as last year but they finished this year compared to letting it get away last year....But then again IMO this UVa team isn't as good as last years team either....but still a lot of basketball left to be played

I think our ceiling as a team is lower than last year. We don't have the interior defense that guys like Mitchell and Atkins provided. The guys who do have elite athleticism, like Thompson and Wilkins, don't channel it well.

We may go farther this year based on matchups. But unless we get some hunger on the defensive end, we aren't long for the postseason.

They can shoot well enough to play with anyone. I can't stand Perrentes, but man that kid can shoot the ball and his mouth.

I had this arguement today with a buddy of mine about Perrentes....I saw him with a little swag last night and looked to be talking a little but I didn't have a problem with it to be honest....what I do have a problem with is Seth Allen talking crap at the WVU game and talking to the bench after making a shot and still down 20.....I love VT but i don't care for Seth Allen at all.

I would take Perrentes at VT any day of the week....kid is a player and a competes every possesion

UVAO there is still a lot of basketball to be played and things will definitely change but as of now I see a lot of bad matchups for UVA...but as i've said a lot of basketball still to be played and you have a great coach that will get things right 

I think our ceiling as a team is lower than last year. We don't have the interior defense that guys like Mitchell and Atkins provided. The guys who do have elite athleticism, like Thompson and Wilkins, don't channel it well.

We may go farther this year based on matchups. But unless we get some hunger on the defensive end, we aren't long for the postseason.

I agree and where i don't watch every UVA game like you do you may correct me if i'm wrong but against decent competition and above I just don't see what Tobey and Nolte bring to the table?

Yes they(especially Tobey) looks average or above against lesser competition but against the upper teams they look to me as they are just taking up space and minutes

I had this arguement today with a buddy of mine about Perrentes....I saw him with a little swag last night and looked to be talking a little but I didn't have a problem with it to be honest....what I do have a problem with is Seth Allen talking crap at the WVU game and talking to the bench after making a shot and still down 20.....I love VT but i don't care for Seth Allen at all.

I would take Perrentes at VT any day of the week....kid is a player and a competes every possesion

UVAO there is still a lot of basketball to be played and things will definitely change but as of now I see a lot of bad matchups for UVA...but as i've said a lot of basketball still to be played and you have a great coach that will get things right

I don't see how you can have a problem with Allen talking smack during WVU and not Perrentes talking smack last night? I could hear the things he was saying. One of the perks of being front row in the student section.

He wasn't barking at WVU when we were down 20. He was trying to get our team fired up, which is something that I personally loved. He was down 20 and still trying to push his team. That's the kind of guy I want.

UVA misses Justin Anderson...

He wasn't barking at WVU when we were down 20. He was trying to get our team fired up, which is something that I personally loved. He was down 20 and still trying to push his team. That's the kind of guy I want.

I was in the 2nd row Ryan and you can believe what you want but he was talking SH*T down around 20 points to the WVU bench...and unless I missed something bad I didn't see Perrentas directing this "shit talking" towards any VT player or their bench....maybe i missed something though

I'm sorry but I just don't care for Allen....seems like a punk to me but I will root for his team but still won't make me a big fan of him

I was in the 2nd row Ryan and you can believe what you want but he was talking SH*T down around 20 points to the WVU bench...and unless I missed something bad I didn't see Perrentas directing this "shit talking" towards any VT player or their bench....maybe i missed something though

I'm sorry but I just don't care for Allen....seems like a punk to me but I will root for his team but still won't make me a big fan of him

He directly yelled something at the guys standing right beside me. Granted, they told him he liked to listen to Nickelback, but his reply wasn't that of the star of a team.

I was sitting in the front row at the WVU game as well, and I didn't hear him say anything them. I saw him try to get his bench to respond a few times though.

Oh so he said something to fans???????/ Big deal....i've been to college sporting events and I know what's yelled at star players

And what i saw Allen do in the WVU game was direct his trash talking to the WVU bench.....he should learn to play defense and keep his mouth shut IMO

Are you a VT fan? You don't care that a UVA player shouts things at our student section (myself included) but you care that our player talks some? I'm literally baffled.

Yes i'm a VT fan geez....my problem is a player saying stuff to fans(who some are probably drunk and saying way worse than he did) isn't that big a deal to me but when a player(VT,UVA,Duke or whoever) talking shit to the other teams bench(and it looked like it was directed to their head coach) is unacceptable to me....i guess you see it differently and that's fine.

I don't judge my opinion on a player for which team he plays for....there have been a few VT players I don't care for because of the way they conduct themself on the floor or the football field

I agree and where i don't watch every UVA game like you do you may correct me if i'm wrong but against decent competition and above I just don't see what Tobey and Nolte bring to the table?

Yes they(especially Tobey) looks average or above against lesser competition but against the upper teams they look to me as they are just taking up space and minutes

Tobey's problem is 100% between the ears. You are 7'0" and 260 pounds. You have range out to the 3-point line. You know how to screen and hedge. For God's sake, dominate! If he had Akil Mitchell's raw anger, he'd be a better Frank Kaminsky. Just doesn't have it.

Nolte only saw the floor last night because Wilkins played defense like a 6-year-old girl in the 1st half. He is a reasonable defender in spots, but he should be #9 off the bench at best. He did save our asses against Coastal Carolina in the NCAAs in 2014, though.