Mountain District

trumpet1988

Lee still will never win the Mountain District. 2014 was one year what about the other years. When Union is down Gate City will win it and Ridgeview will have something to say after the growing pains phase they are going through. As far as the refs go, the NCAA, NFL, and MLB have replay and they still sometimes get it wrong, get over it.

Lee still will never win the Mountain District. 2014 was one year what about the other years. When Union is down Gate City will win it and Ridgeview will have something to say after the growing pains phase they are going through. As far as the refs go, the NCAA, NFL, and MLB have replay and they still sometimes get it wrong, get over it.

You are high on that horse, seeing as how 2/6 years have been decided by less than 1 score, but I guess extreme narcissism widen that gap. If lee ever settles on a coach and actually backs him, I would be afraid. As far as winning the mountain see above

Union and the refs they pay, owns lee. There I fixed it for you

And Lee got their reward last year against Ridgeview.  Wonder when Ridgeview will get their reward for being shafted vs. Lee?

Not debating over the validity of the call in 2014. I will say it wasn't a good call. That said, every team has benefitted and will continue to benefit from a bad call. It's not good. It's not fair. It doesn't mean the team who got the benefit paid the refs. As long as refs are human, you're going to have bad calls. 

Exactly.  

Sometimes you win some by a bad call, sometimes you lose some by a bad call.... stuff like that happens.

And Lee got their reward last year against Ridgeview. Wonder when Ridgeview will get their reward for being shafted vs. Lee?

retaliation vs no retaliation, but I'll be glad to add an "*" the next time I dog Ridgeview after barely beating them

I am not on a high horse; that's that fake general from Lee's job. I'm a GC fan but also delve in what some people know as reality, and reality is that until you kill the giant, he still lives. Union lives in your head plain and simple. Beat them on the field and then everyone will shut up. I wouldn't worry about GC getting Sullivan North, I would worry about the couple of dozen kids we get from Sullivan South, but by the time they get in the system in 2019 the VHSL will have already have changed the classifications again and maybe Lee will be in 1A and maybe they can compete then.

I am not on a high horse; that's that fake general from Lee's job. I'm a GC fan but also delve in what some people know as reality, and reality is that until you kill the giant, he still lives. Union lives in your head plain and simple. Beat them on the field and then everyone will shut up. I wouldn't worry about GC getting Sullivan North, I would worry about the couple of dozen kids we get from Sullivan South, but by the time they get in the system in 2019 the VHSL will have already have changed the classifications again and maybe Lee will be in 1A and maybe they can compete then.

sorry, didn't mean to upset you, I'll clarify further, you are delusional. With that mentality, Union has dominated Richlands the last 3 years.

Had our number, they have had something

Major talent disparity.. yea.. that is obvious..

Complete dominance.... yea...

Quincy the very idea as a parent of putting a 16 year old child, with little or no driving experience on I-81 or on Memorial Blvd. to Blountvillie sends shivers down my spine. If I can put a child in a car from Rock Springs and be in GC in fifteen minutes or take the I-81 gamble they are going to GC. And can you imagine an early release from school for snow on top of all that. 

Stone Drive in Kingsport, and I-26 to Johnson City in the morning is running the gauntlet and playing Russian roulette everyday.

I-81 is middle-of-the-road as far as interstates go. It's child's play compared to Is 40, 83, and 95.

The truckers on 81 have no respect for anyone.  Only interstate I've ever been on that they just treat you like you're not even there.

Stone Drive in Kingsport, and I-26 to Johnson City in the morning is running the gauntlet and playing Russian roulette everyday.

The times I have stayed with my girlfriend in Erwin, I have yet to have any difficulty navigating 26 through Johnson City on my morning commute to work in Abingdon.

Man, I haven't had any issues with 26, except in Asheville when you have to navigate that quick right exit, then left exit combination across the French Broad river bridge.

Yeah I hit that spot at 3 in the morning last summer with no traffic and still bout missed the exit.

• 4 weeks later...

Union High School should repeat as Mountain District football champions in 2016. The Bears will continue to be a very deep team and I suspect they may contend for a VHSL title again this coming season.

Last season's roster contained nearly 50 underclassmen; including a couple of Division 1 prospects. The Junior Varsity and Varsity teams both had undefeated regular seasons. The team lost some exciting skill players to graduation but there are a whole bunch of talented kids ready to take advantage of opportunity. The O-line will be big and strong. The running game will be improved. The defense will be improved.

Many probably will agree that the uncertainty factor for Union is the development of a new starting QB. I think the potential is very high but there is no substitute for experience. Look for a good season from Mitchell, Fannon, Stidham, Jenkins, and Duncan plus another slate of entertaining games at Bullitt Park.        

wonder if it is the flexbone? I know triple option is very rep intensive but can definitely level the playing field.

This just my opinion.  Stack the box and dare them to beat you throwing the ball.  Triple option shut down.  West you are correct about the triple option being rep intensive.  One breakdown in assignment and the whole play is basically shot.