Scrimmage Results Thread 8/18-8/20.

futbolking

Giles single wing defeats Bluefield tonight in scrimmage 35-24. Beavers open with Graham next week. Giles travels to Blacksburg Friday.

Kevin Mays Retweeted

Ballgame. Final 14-8 Grundy. John I. Burton would like to wish all teams a good luck in the rest of the season.

Final, Ridgeview 21, Eastside 0

great state

#VHSL Football, Benefit Game, Final: Eastern Montgomery 21, Holston 13 (Leo Ezzell with two rushing TDs in loss). Via call-in. #HCFH

Norton Jamboree: Union 31, Grayson County 0; J.I. Burton 19, Grayson County 8; Union 21, Grundy 9; Grundy 14, J.I. Burton 8. Via call-in.

great state

Can't read too much into these benefit games and jamborees. The finals don't matter much, but what the first unit does matters.

I'm really excited for this Hurley team and the community. I'll be rooting for you guys! Enjoy the ride, my friend!

Thank you couldn't agree more. Hurley's first 11 plus 2-3 subs are really good. Hurley has a lot of youth....16-17 9th graders to be exact and they have to get matured really fast to get the depth to go deep in the playoffs. The whole second and third squad is ninth graders with very few tenth graders mixed in with them. Hopefully between JV games and clean up duty in varsity games they will get the maturation they need.

Wasn't there, scrimmaged at fort chiswell sat.- seen some film of them against fort chiswell - they look really young - ran a few option plays. I think it was 6-1 fort chiswell. If fort doesn't get the injuries they had last year they are going to surprise some teams. 6-4 maybe better