Scrimmage Results Thread 8/18-8/20.

futbolking

Cousin 2 TD's in the 1st qt - didn't play offense the 2nd qt

Cooke had a long TD catch in the 2nd qt from cooper

2 FG's and 3XP's

Graham 27

Glenvar 0

Glenvar maybe had 25 yards rushing total. Did better with the pass but probably had 70% of their yards on 2 long passes to #20 who caught them 1 handed both times

Sounds like Graham has a real solid team this year. Best of luck to you guys. Also sounds like GC may be in trouble depending on how severe Colliers injury is. Hope he recovers quickly! Hate I didnt get to make it today. How does GC look? Does it look like it's gonna be a long year for the Devils?

Hope he's OK that kids been fun to watch over the years, the Bears haven't been able to slow him down much since his freshmen season.

He rode past me on the back of a pickup.  Possible Break, it didn't look good, big knot on his foot.  Hope it's not that serious.

Graham has themselves a pretty tough team this year. Best of luck G-Men, thanks for hosting us.

Graham's linebackers were impressive especially #29. Did he play that position last year? I know #3 is a transfer but dont remember #29.

Graham was clearly the best team today at Mitchell.  As stated before 27-0 against Glenvar.  Graham scored on every possession, either a TD or a FG.  Surface kicked a 41 yarder that could have made it from 10 more. (Cousin only touched the ball 3 or 4 times in this one)

Graham's varsity only played one quarter against GC, then the JV's played the last quarter for both teams.... as I was leaving GC's JV scored on Graham's JV to make it 14-7, not sure how it ended up, i left.

Neither team could run the ball on Graham.  Glenvar had a little success passing against Graham, but as mentioned before, two of those were very good catches by the WR.  Graham played all 3 qb's in both scrimmages.  The backup RB's got a lot of work in the first quarter against Gate City.  Cousin took the first carry to the house from 51 yards out and didn't touch it again against Gate City.  Jazair Reed and Chris Shinault played solid as backup RB's.  Reed got a couple of hard nosed 10 to 15 yard gains.  Shinault broke about a 20 yard gain to the outside.  

My concern against Blufield in the upcoming game is that every team that Graham has faced has kept their running game very basic, mostly running off tackle. Bluefield likes to stretch the defense out and try to get to the edge.  Graham has lots of speed on D and they actually seem to like the contact this year (Big Change).   

Graham's linebackers were impressive especially #29. Did he play that position last year? I know #3 is a transfer but dont remember #29.

I think he was #28 last year (Vineyard).  Looks like he's put on about 20 pounds this year.  Very impressive looking athlete.

#3 (Reed reminds me of Chris Patton at LB and Marcus Latimer at RB.  He is only a sophomore and has a way to go, but he looks like a hard nosed defender as well, Graham needs those type of guys on defense who like the contact, it's contagious and the rest of the defense looks much more physical than in past years, thus far.  Next week, however will tell the tale.

My thoughts on tonights scrimmage was Graham needs to work on their pass defense. They will struggle against a good passing team as of now. Run defense was solid. Cousins is a beast. Graham's line was impressive...a lot better than I thought they would be. Graham is solid at QB for several years. I feel much better about the Graham / Beiber game being a good game. Go G-Men!!

My thoughts on tonights scrimmage was Graham needs to work on their pass defense. They will struggle against a good passing team as of now. Run defense was solid. Cousins is a beast. Graham's line was impressive...a lot better than I thought they would be. Graham is solid at QB for several years. I feel much better about the Graham / Beiber game being a good game. Go G-Men!!

I agree. Neither team this evening showed much in the passing department. But what they did do seem to complete passes the few they did throw. I was really pleased with their ability to stop the run. Now, will be they be able to shut down Collier and Reed? We'll find out next Friday. It can't get here soon enough!!