Christiansburg vs Abingdon

Falcon Mania

So glad someone else agrees with me. Cuz's is WAY overrated. Their food is overpriced and not very good. They use way too much vinegar in/on everything they make. The only thing worth eating is the eggroll. My MIL loves going there, so to appease her, we go once/year...and every time, one or more people in our group ends up getting sick afterwards (the johnnytrots, if you know what I mean).

Then they have that bull about "no hats". C'mon man, you're eating in a barn.

I couldn't agree more! The company I previously worked for took us twice a year and I hated the place even when they were paying for it!

Ive at at Alamo once and it was ok.  I had halibut that was cooked well.  Im wanting to try Holstons sometime soon when I am back down to Sevierville.  The Hawaiian Ribeye is what I am eyeing.

Honestly I have never tried anything at Alamo other than their steaks and that burger,  but my wife did get the Salmon and she said it was fantastic,  but she liked the Salmon at Joe's Crab shack better.

I may have to check out Holstons myself sometime.

So glad someone else agrees with me. Cuz's is WAY overrated. Their food is overpriced and not very good. They use way too much vinegar in/on everything they make. The only thing worth eating is the eggroll. My MIL loves going there, so to appease her, we go once/year...and every time, one or more people in our group ends up getting sick afterwards (the johnnytrots, if you know what I mean).

Then they have that bull about "no hats". C'mon man, you're eating in a barn.

There is a reason that Cuz's didn't crack the Top 2 of BBQ joints in Tazewell County...

Cuz's is motoring along on reputation alone these days. Food hasn't been really solid in a decade.

If you like burnt to a crisp on the outside and bloody on the inside...

Been a victim of this, too. That's one of two things: (1) nuking the steak or (2) having a nasty grill, neither of which are good. Virtually impossible to get a steak cooked more than medium-rare there without getting a char-grilled hunk of meat for anything beyond medium.

The best thing I have had there was a fish dinner of some type.  Cant even remember what it was its been so long.  Honestly, I think Cookout beats them bbq plate.

My FIL and I had the catfish there once...we both made the mistake of eating their tartar sauce.  Both of us spent the evening on the pot...

Cuz's is motoring along on reputation alone these days. Food hasn't been really solid in a decade.

Longer than that.  I can remember it being crappy the first time I went with my wife's parents back in 1994.  Nothing has changed in my opinion....

Nice drive. Pretty drive. Ungodly long if you're using it to bypass East River Tunnel to get to Bluefield.

Exactly.  Just get on 52N and go across East River Mountain...

Honestly I have never tried anything at Alamo other than their steaks and that burger,  but my wife did get the Salmon and she said it was fantastic,  but she liked the Salmon at Joe's Crab shack better.

I may have to check out Holstons myself sometime.

I have a coworker who has ate at Holstons a few times and she loves it.  She is a pretty particular person about what she eats too.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/holstons-kitchen-sevierville

If you like burnt to a crisp on the outside and bloody on the inside...

I've never had one burnt. And I eat steak medium rare, so the pinker, the better. Longer you cook meat, the worse it tastes.

What a fantastic hijack of the C'burg v. Abingdon thread!!!  Well done, gentlemen, well done, indeed!

I was thinking the same thing! Even though I'm an Abingdon guy, I enjoyed reading about different routes and places to eat. Gman, are you a Vols fan? I only ask because there's a person on a UT forum that im a member of with the exact same name....Gman

I was thinking the same thing! Even though I'm an Abingdon guy, I enjoyed reading about different routes and places to eat. Gman, are you a Vols fan? I only ask because there's a person on a UT forum that im a member of with the exact same name....Gman

Yeh, that's me...

giphy.gif

With Richlands and Virginia High playing Thursday, I went to this game last night.

That was an absolute bloodbath, most points AHS has scored since 2008 (63 vs. Grundy) and Christiansburg is a shell of what they used to be

I am thinking the real test will be week 9 against Richlands.  I don't know a lot about C-Burg or B-Burg, but seems like they are traditionally pretty good teams as well.  Hoping the Falcons pick a win up tonight!  Go Falcons!!

What week do you guys play Graham ?  I think that could be a tough test also !

With Richlands and Virginia High playing Thursday, I went to this game last night.

That was an absolute bloodbath, most points AHS has scored since 2008 (63 vs. Grundy) and Christiansburg is a shell of what they used to be

It looked like C-Burg had some good athletes but they just couldn't execute and appeared to be out matched. I'm hoping its that Abingdon is playing much better on defense than they did last year.