Christiansburg vs Abingdon

Falcon Mania

Is this a Thursday or Friday game? If it's Thursday, is it at Abingdon or Christiansburg? Trying to make plans for tomorrow night. It would help if the paper would put the schedule in there so I know what games are Thursday this week.

Just come on up to Bluefield ;)

Would be nice, however UVAObserver said I would be pushing it.

According to Apple maps, it's an hour and 37 minute drive. You can probably cut that down a little by going 5 over. If it takes you and hour and a half, that leaves you 30 minutes to get a parking spot, get a ticket, and get in. It's EASILY doable. Even if you get in right as they kick it off, it's still worth it.

According to Apple maps, it's an hour and 37 minute drive. You can probably cut that down a little by going 5 over. If it takes you and hour and a half, that leaves you 30 minutes to get a parking spot, get a ticket, and get in. It's EASILY doable. Even if you get in right as they kick it off, it's still worth it.

Coming from Abingdon, he's hitting anywhere between 3-6 red lights, depending on where he's coming from in Abingdon and where he gets off in Bluefield.

Having made virtually that drive straight (Abingdon, VA to Bluefield, WV), it's about 90-105 minutes, depending on traffic (especially in Abingdon at 5:00) and light timing, and that's going 64 MPH the whole way, when you can. When you get there, expect to take 5 minutes from your car to the ticket booth. Expect about 5-10 minutes at the ticket booth, given the crowd and the competency of the people manning the booths (which is sometimes good and sometimes not). Expect about 2-3 minutes to get to a reasonably good seat.

Assuming perfectly smooth sailing, you're looking at 90 + 5 + 5 + 2, which gets you there 18 minutes before kickoff. Assuming the worst, you're looking at 105 + 5 + 10 + 2, which has you missing a couple of minutes of game action.

Is this a Thursday or Friday game?  If it's Thursday, is it at Abingdon or Christiansburg?  Trying to make plans for tomorrow night.  It would help if the paper would put the schedule in there so I know what games are Thursday this week.

Abingdon is playing at home on Friday night.  I think it is one of the few games left that will be on Friday.  Most likely because Christiansburg wouldn't want to travel on a Thursday and then have to go to school on Friday.  The concert at BMS and the VT/UT game doesn't really affect them the way it does a lot of our local teams would be my guess. Although I would imagine a few of them will be attending the game Saturday.  I any case Christiansburg @ Abingdon  Friday 7:30 pm.

Coming from Abingdon, he's hitting anywhere between 3-6 red lights, depending on where he's coming from in Abingdon and where he gets off in Bluefield.

Having made virtually that drive straight (Abingdon, VA to Bluefield, WV), it's about 90-105 minutes, depending on traffic (especially in Abingdon at 5:00) and light timing, and that's going 64 MPH the whole way, when you can. When you get there, expect to take 5 minutes from your car to the ticket booth. Expect about 5-10 minutes at the ticket booth, given the crowd and the competency of the people manning the booths (which is sometimes good and sometimes not). Expect about 2-3 minutes to get to a reasonably good seat.

Assuming perfectly smooth sailing, you're looking at 90 + 5 + 5 + 2, which gets you there 18 minutes before kickoff. Assuming the worst, you're looking at 105 + 5 + 10 + 2, which has you missing a couple of minutes of game action.

Google Maps actually says to go the 81-77 route.  Believe it or not.

If I go this route, I have three red lights between my office and 81, then however many there is in Bluefield.

If I go up 19, I have 5 red lights in Abingdon alone, one in Hansonville, two in Lebanon, one in Rosedale, I think at least two in Claypool Hill, and then however many there are past there.  Lol

Google Maps actually says to go the 81-77 route.  Believe it or not.

If I go this route, I have three red lights between my office and 81, then however many there is in Bluefield.

If I go up 19, I have 5 red lights in Abingdon alone, one in Hansonville, two in Lebanon, one in Rosedale, I think at least two in Claypool Hill, and then however many there are past there.  Lol

5 in the Claypool area. I would go 81. If you go 81, you're gonna make it by kickoff. 

It'll be I-81 for me when we go play Graham later this month.  That ride up 19 has to be the most boring ride in SWVA.  Once you leave Claypool Hill there is pretty much nothing till you get to Bluefield.

It would be my luck, I would go that way tomorrow and one of the tunnels would be shut down and traffic backed up for miles.  I went to a pro wrestling show in Charleston a few years ago, left Bristol with three hours to get there in time and it being a three hour drive.  Of course, one of the tunnels was shut down.  Luckily I was able to get off 77 before getting caught in the traffic backup, go back to Wytheville, get on 52, take it to Bland/Bastian (whatever that's called there) and still somehow get to Charleston with time to spare.

It would be my luck, I would go that way tomorrow and one of the tunnels would be shut down and traffic backed up for miles.  I went to a pro wrestling show in Charleston a few years ago, left Bristol with three hours to get there in time and it being a three hour drive.  Of course, one of the tunnels was shut down.  Luckily I was able to get off 77 before getting caught in the traffic backup, go back to Wytheville, get on 52, take it to Bland/Bastian (whatever that's called there) and still somehow get to Charleston with time to spare.

If you have an iPhone, it shows you traffic backups on the map. I used it every day when I interned for the Salem Red Sox. Cause 81 from  118-140 was HORRIBLE. 

OK its a crap shoot at best.  But my money is on I-81/I-77.  The red lights alone should be enough deterrent.  On the other side if you go 19, you could always stop at Cuz's for dinner.  There is the one bright spot to taking 19.

And if you go 81, you have the Dip Dog stand to eat at, a personal favorite of mine.