Giles @ Radford

SWVAgridiron

The Spartans are on a 3 game losing streak for the first time in over a decade. This is a team right now that offensively is playing with no heart and will have to win out to avoid being a 16 seed.

Radford started 0-3 but has won their last 2 and have a tough one at Floyd tomorrow. They also will have a very short week to prepare for the Spartans. It has been 6 years since the Bobcats have taken down Giles.

As long as the Spartans O can put 20 on the board they should be able to come out of Raddy with the W.

Giles wins 28-10

We should win but you never know....and someone talked about how good our defense is...well they must be watching a different team than I am...our run defense is poor...pass defense is decent.

I think some changes may happen this week at practice....we need to win out(which we should but again you never know) to have any chance at hosting a 1st round home game....still a long shot but with another loss no way it could happen.

Pass defense has been impressive thus far. It seems like the run D does good until it really counts....late in the 4th. I just hope that offense can start clicking. I know this is a rebuild year for Giles but IMO this is the worse I've seen the wing ran since 09.

Pass defense has been impressive thus far. It seems like the run D does good until it really counts....late in the 4th. I just hope that offense can start clicking. I know this is a rebuild year for Giles but IMO this is the worse I've seen the wing ran since 09.

That is why it's called a rebuilding year

We have been damn lucky over the years to not have many rebuilding years....this just happens to be one of them....get all these Jr,Soph and Fresh some experience and we will be a different team next year.

I will support this team no matter the outcome though....they are trying their best and that's all you can ask as a fan

That is why it's called a rebuilding year

We have been damn lucky over the years to not have many rebuilding years....this just happens to be one of them....get all these Jr,Soph and Fresh some experience and we will be a different team next year.

I will support this team no matter the outcome though....they are trying their best and that's all you can ask as a fan

Well said!

I think some are under-estimating Giles.  They have lost 3 close games to 3 very good teams.  All of which should make noise in the playoffs.  Panic Button is still under lock and key right now.  Giles is tough, even when they don't have great athletes because of the system they run and the fact that they are fundamentally sound.  They are a tough out for anybody the rest of the way.  They have the ability to play keep away from teams that may have more talent this season, so they have a chance in any game they play. 

I think some are under-estimating Giles.  They have lost 3 close games to 3 very good teams.  All of which should make noise in the playoffs.  Panic Button is still under lock and key right now.  Giles is tough, even when they don't have great athletes because of the system they run and the fact that they are fundamentally sound.  They are a tough out for anybody the rest of the way.  They have the ability to play keep away from teams that may have more talent this season, so they have a chance in any game they play. 

I couldn't agree more. Teams like Giles and Richlands have set the bar so high the last decade that if they lose 2 or 3 games in a season some people start questioning everything, even though their still some of the better teams in SWVA. It's unfortunate but those people will always exist.

Hokiebird I heard that the train horn was not going to Radford? If that's true how long has it been since the Spartans have went without it? And why isn't Giles taking it?

No idea if the train horn will be at Radford or not...Haven't heard anyone saying it wasn't but you never know. I could take it or leave it to be honest but the players over the years love it so that's the only reason it should stay.

And if they are taking it my guess would be some crybaby complained about it. But again I have no idea.

What i'm worried more about is getting a win and breaking this 3 game losing streak

Props to the coaches for making the tailback change. Once they did that Giles went on a 36-7 run! Also heard that Chapman will be returning sooner than we thought! Not starting hype but I think Giles may be a team that no one wants to play in the 1st round if they keep it together!