Marion@Giles

SWVAgridiron

It's nice to see Giles play someone they haven't played in the playoffs in awhile. I know nothing about Marions offense. I did watch them and Richlands back in 2014 but faintly remember what they were like. Since returning Chapman and changing tailbacks Giles is averaging 50+ points a game(yes they were against weaker opponents) but I think they've found their stride. Can the Canes stop the single wing?

If Marion tackles everybody coming outta the backfield they have a chance.Giles is and will always be the master of deception.Been there and saw them take down very good teams.I haven't been over there in years.Marion didn't show up at Abingdon.We run the spread and sum pistol

I'm looking forward to this game I've never been to Giles County. I think the single wing will be to much for the Canes it's impossible to simulate the speed of it in practice and Marion hasn't faced a team that can run it like the Spartans can. Are there any good places to eat there and what would be the best way to get there from Marion?

Get on 81 like you're headed to Roanoke. Once you're on 81 take exit 98 or 99 I believe. It'll say Dublin/Pearisburg. Once you get off 81 you'll take a left and stay straight for about 25 mins until you come to the first red light in Pearisburg. You'll take a right at the red light which you will go right by the court house and continue for about 3 miles. You'll pass Walmart, which will be on the left. Go through the red light and the high school is on your left. And we have many Mexican and pizza restaurants. Other than that it's basic fast food, McDonald's DQ, Wendy's, etc. Nothing really fancy around here haha

I'm looking forward to this game I've never been to Giles County. I think the single wing will be to much for the Canes it's impossible to simulate the speed of it in practice and Marion hasn't faced a team that can run it like the Spartans can. Are there any good places to eat there and what would be the best way to get there from Marion?

Get on 81 like you're headed to Roanoke. Once you're on 81 take exit 98 or 99 I believe. It'll say Dublin/Pearisburg. Once you get off 81 you'll take a left and stay straight for about 25 mins until you come to the first red light in Pearisburg. You'll take a right at the red light which you will go right by the court house and continue for about 3 miles. You'll pass Walmart, which will be on the left. Go through the red light and the high school is on your left. And we have many Mexican and pizza restaurants. Other than that it's basic fast food, McDonald's DQ, Wendy's, etc. Nothing really fancy around here haha

It's exit 98.  Take route 100 across the mountain to Pearisburg, then make a right on Business 460.  School is on the left.  If the school parking lot is full, I think the Walmart will let you use their lot.

Try El Ranchero in Dublin if taking exit 98. Ask for the salsa blanco with your chips....its free. My favorite place for Mexican food. Right beside the Wal Mart... Can't miss it. Very reasonable pricing as well....Try the fajita quessadilla.

This is a mismatch even though it's 8 seed and a 9 seed I think the Canes will be overwhelmed for the second straight game but the future is bright losing only 7 seniors and going from 1-9 last season to 7-3 this season.

This is a mismatch even though it's 8 seed and a 9 seed I think the Canes will be overwhelmed for the second straight game but the future is bright losing only 7 seniors and going from 1-9 last season to 7-3 this season.

Depends on which Marion team shows up. I think they can make a game of it

I have seen Marion play several times this year and last night was the worse I seen them play. They never had it together at all. Seem like the kids wasn't even waiting to be there. Not sure what was going on but it wasn't the team that played all the other 9 games. I think it could be a close game but marion needs to be mentally ready I don't think they was last night. They couldn't even put a drive together against the second team.

It's exit 98.  Take route 100 across the mountain to Pearisburg, then make a right on Business 460.  School is on the left.  If the school parking lot is full, I think the Walmart will let you use their lot.

I always park in the Walmart lot. Just a simple walk up the bank to the Stadium. Canes...it's a great place to watch a game. Great fans and atmosphere for High School football.

Good luck to both teams!

If Marion comes out and plays like the team that won 7 games, then we got a game. Ball

Control. Giles thrives on it. Marion is a good ball team, and like you said, they are

Young and hungry. Marion should play Marion's game, not Giles's.

Since changing tailbacks and having Chapman back Giles has out scored opponents 202-21. They've also had 5 touchdowns from kick/punt returns. They are firing on all cylinders and if Marion doesn't jump on Giles early then I think it could get ugly. Just my opinion.

Unless you want fast food like Wendy's,McDonald's or Hardees here are a few options

Pizza Hut(right after you turn at the light coming into Pearisburg from Dublin)....But I wouldn't recommend it....food not as good as it use to be

Friends & Family Restaraunt(across the road from Wal-Mart)...very good food but it's not very big so allow yourself time to sit and eat

Queen's(in the wal-mart shopping plaza, right down from wal-mart)....very very good food but again not a very big place and gets crowded on gameday.

Other than those and the mexican restaraunts not much where you can sit down and enjoy a meal. Except if you want to sit down and enjoy fast food LOL

When you get off the interstate in Dublin(exit 98) there's plenty of places to eat there....Bojangles,Shoneys.Waffle House and the fast food places there as well

Hope this helps!!

Since changing tailbacks and having Chapman back Giles has out scored opponents 202-21. They've also had 5 touchdowns from kick/punt returns. They are firing on all cylinders and if Marion doesn't jump on Giles early then I think it could get ugly. Just my opinion.

You forgot to mention in those 3 games we played NOBODY....This team has so many injuries and youth that if we can find a way to beat Marion that's as far as we can go this year IMO....we would have to play absolutely perfect to beat Appomattox and they would have to play very very bad. But I will take a game at Appomattox in round 2 because with our youth it will do nothing but help us for next year.

But I will be rooting for Virginia High...because i'd rather drive out the road for a 2nd round game than to Appomattox LOL....But I doubt that's gonna happen