Gate City @ Glenvar

Leatherhead Larry

Glenvar's team this year will be nothing like the last two years with all the kids that graduated, so I have no idea what their weaknesses are this year. They did struggle with the pass and Spears running the ball last year.

Guess what GC specializes in? A running QB and a decent passing game. The Devils have more than just a chance in this one.

I've seen Glenvar play twice and I don't think they're anything real special. They haven't lost a game since returning 5 starters that were suspended. Pretty good running back but he doesn't have much speed so they just run him up the middle 90% of the time. QB is pretty accurate but they don't have the receivers like they had last year. GC definitely has a chance.

From what I have heard Gate City has been playing very well. I have also heard that when things do not go well they snowball. I am not sure how long it has been since they had a "snowball" game but I predict it happens tonight. Glenvar is a very tough place to play. My friends said they played Glenvar at Bluefield. Glenvar isn't Bluefield.

Prediction:

Glenvar 20

Gate City 13 Halftime

Final Score:

Glenvar 38

Gate City 27

This Glenvar vs Gate City game probably will be an Ole fashion slobber knocker, with some players

Looking out of their ear hole of the helmet. Gate City has played one heck of a tough schedule. It's

A wonder they got enough players left to field a team. But, It's Gate City folks. Probably any other

School would have raised the white flag, and surrendered, but not GC.

Glenvar is a school that seems to thrive at playoff time in all sports. They are tough bunch, and

Play sound fundenmental football. I expect Glenvar to give GC all they want, then more. In order

For GC to win, the Devils will have to play a smart game, and make few mistakes, and take it to

Glenvar.

It will be close, and the team with the fewest mistakes and best field positions will take this one.

Very proud of this team. They could've thrown in the towel after an 0-5 start but they chose to fight for each other and ended up winning 5 straight to make it to the playoffs at 5-5. They spotted Glenvar 21 points last night and didn't give up. I would love to know what happened if we didn't give Glenvar 21 points to start. But that's sports, a lot of what ifs and buts. Super proud to be a Blue Devil and glad we have someone coaching us that has the fire and desire that Chris Akers has, he never gave up on these kids. Hurry up August!