Tipoff Tournaments

swvasportscommenter

Anyone got the line-up for the girls showcase at Emory & Henry on the 31st

This is what a few teams have on their schedules....

Floyd County vs. J.I. Burton, 10:30 a.m.

Virginia High vs. Ridgeview, 2 p.m.

Marion vs. Twin Valley, 3:45 p.m.

Carroll County vs. Central-Wise, 7:30 p.m.

10:30 am     JI Burton vs. Floyd Co.
12:15 pm     Wise Central vs. Carroll County
 2:00 pm      Ridgeview vs. Virginia High
 3:45 pm      Twin Valley vs. Marion

They had it before Disney and other hot spots took it over. I think it ended in the late 90. Kingsport had it for about 5 to 7 years maybe longer. From around 1992 to 1997 or 1998 (estimate...)

I was alive then but didn't do much other than hunt, fish, and watch football at that time in my life. Hate I missed out...But the Arbys turns out some pretty good talent. Hard to complain with all the teams we get to see from all across the world.

E.Z............I would suggest that you come to Bristol on Wednesday at 4:00 PM and watch 3-4 games. The quality of basketball you will see is pretty impressive. You will get to see Christ School out of NC, Sandy Creek out of Georgia, Wings Academy from NY, Blanche Ely from Florida, Washington Park from Wisconsin, and Tabernacle from the Bahamas. 

Wait a minute was this a joke?  Most years Tabernacle wouldnt win the Cumberland in basketball.

I saw their record but I also know the caliber of teams they play. Knox is a prep school.... they play other good teams. I think they were shocked at Gate City.

you guys remember when they used to have the U15 AAU national championships in Kingsport. Even the bench players were D1 players, not just one or two players off each team like it is with the Arby's tournament.

I always wondered how Master P worked the local officials trying to get calls in those AAU games while coaching his sons (Lil Romeo) team.

I saw their record but I also know the caliber of teams they play. Knox is a prep school.... they play other good teams. I think they were shocked at Gate City.

you guys remember when they used to have the U15 AAU national championships in Kingsport. Even the bench players were D1 players, not just one or two players off each team like it is with the Arby's tournament.

I sat behind alot of Knox Christian fans. I don't know if the players were shocked but the fans sure were. When the first possession was a steal that led to a dunk by McClung they all started looking around at one another. Then when Dean started sinking those half court 3 pointers some of the fans started asking me how old the kid was. I think they were fairly impressed with how GC played.