Mountain District Games: Jan 24th

Leatherhead Larry

What y'all think?

Gate City 92 Ridgeview 55 (The Devils will finally take the slack out in the rope and hammer down on RV. The big 3 combine for almost 70 tonight.)

Union 70 Central 62 (The "Dirty McA**s Warriors" come out firing on all cylinders but fall short once Slagle quiets them in the 2nd half once he gets hot with a 25+ point night.)

Battle 67 Lee 50 (Felty and Co just keep winning and stay in the shadows. Watch out, the Trojans may upset someone in the conference tournament)

I'm buying what you're selling above... I expect things to get chippy as usually at Central. Just hope Union can keep healthy and cooler heads prevail. I believe a 3 game week like Union has this week can take toll. Luckily we have some depth that should get some time.

GC by 35. Bench players sub early and often

Union by 15-20. Central puts up a fight but the Bears keep a comfortable lead in the 2nd half.

Battle by 20..... Unless Lee hits as many 3s as they did at GC. In that case Lee could possibly squeak one out. (Doubting they hit that many again)

A win tonight just about seals the #2 seed at worst for Union in tourney, avoiding GC until a final possibly. It will be chippy an we all know how Wise plays, hope Union maintains cooler heads, has a strong start and kills any hope Wise has in the opening minutes.

I was suprised by Centrals lack of offense against Union tonight. Early on I would have put them as my #3 team in C40 but I just don't see it now. They did not look like a good ball team tonight. They jumped out early but slowed to a crawl after the 1st. Good win for Union. Slagle continues to impress!