Lee @ Gate City

fb-fan24263

39 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

Ahhh, there it is. It was the Tazewell comment.  That was the give away.  Hey, if you makes you two feel better, Tazewell would beat GC this year, nahh, just kiddin, but EH31, your "not a Tazewell fan" so you shouldn't be offended.  The real question is....being a GC-Lee high thread, why are you 2 posting?  No need to answer that question as I respect your opinions and posts either way.  Gate City was throttled by Marion.  Tazewell played em closer.  Gate City played Richlands closer by score than Tazewell.  That's the two common opponents.  Marion is MORE improved from Game 1 to now than any of the 4 teams above.  I simply like our chances against Tazewell, and will next year if we play, the year after, the year after that, and that......etc.

I didn't even realize you made a Tazewell comment but I just went back and read it. If Tazewell-Gate City lined up tomorrow on a neutral field and I was betting for money I'd pick Gate City.

but hey, here's a better question.. if this is a GC-Lee thread why is there even a mention of Tazewell or any other 2A school? And if you really want it to be about GC-Lee then why would you entertain any other post with a reply? 

10 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I didn't even realize you made a Tazewell comment but I just went back and read it. If Tazewell-Gate City lined up tomorrow on a neutral field and I was betting for money I'd pick Gate City.

but hey, here's a better question.. if this is a GC-Lee thread why is there even a mention of Tazewell or any other 2A school? And if you really want it to be about GC-Lee then why would you entertain any other post with a reply? 

To answer your question with your own words......less writing and more reading.   You do realize the question was asked only a few posts ago as to who Gate City could possibly beat and opinions were given on the subject.  I answered the question, and again, with you being a Tazewell fan of which I respect, lets keep it about Gate City and Lee.  I gave my opinion on that also.  I pick Lee to win big.  I'm not fancy EH31, just a common sense guy.  When a question is asked, I give an honest answer, just as I did about who I thought GC could beat.  It's interesting that when Tazewell is mentioned, you seem to commonly be in the equation.

3 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

To answer your question with your own words......less writing and more reading.   You do realize the question was asked only a few posts ago as to who Gate City could possibly beat and opinions were given on the subject.  I answered the question, and again, being a Tazewell fan of which I respect, lets keep it about Gate City and Lee.  I gave my opinion on that also.  I pick Lee to win big.  I'm not fancy EH31, just a common sense guy.  When a question is asked, I give an honest answer, just as I did about who I thought GC could beat.  It's interesting that when Tazewell is mentioned, you seem to commonly be in the equation.

Or maybe just when you mention something is when is when I commonly show up in the equation. If it wasn't for me who would point out all of your overly drawn out, poorly researched, "I'm right, you're wrong, & here's 3000 words why" statements? 

15 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Or maybe just when you mention something is when is when I commonly show up in the equation. If it wasn't for me who would point out all of your overly drawn out, poorly researched, "I'm right, you're wrong, & here's 3000 words why" statements? 

Ahh, you just went personal and changed the subject you brought up and tried the ole personal attack.   I think you just lost the argument my friend.  I will let it go there, but remember......two can play.  I'm a decent player as well, and when it comes to GC, I love to do battle.

12 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

Ahh, you just went personal and changed the subject you brought up and tried the ole personal attack.   I think you just lost the argument my friend.  I will let it go there, but remember......two can play.  I'm a decent player as well, and when it comes to GC, I love to do battle.

You clearly don't know what an "ad hominem" is, then.  He didn't insult *you*.  He criticized your needlessly verbose and confrontational opinions, which is perfectly valid.

10 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

I didn't change the subject, it's been personal the entire time. I made fun of you individually for replying with another one of your novels. I didn't say anything about Gate City or Tazewell until you brought it back up, in which at that time I agreed with you that I think Gate City would win in a h2h. 

Not sure where you wanna go from here but play on playa. 

Just now, UVAObserver said:

You clearly don't know what an "ad hominem" is, then.  He didn't insult *you*.  He criticized your needlessly verbose and confrontational arguments.

I'm well aware of it.  It's a type of fallacy.  You know another type of fallacy?  A red herring.  He changed the subject after he was proven wrong.  Therefore, he in fact, did insult me by the very simple delivery of a fallacy which is an insult to one's intelligence.  I also respectfully, responded in kind and as always......diverted him back on track to thre thread which is about Gate City and Lee.

Just now, EH31 said:

I didn't change the subject, it's been personal the entire time. I made fun of you individually for replying with another one of your novels. I didn't say anything about Gate City or Tazewell until you brought it back up, in which at that time I agreed with you that I think Gate City would win in a h2h. 

Not sure where you wanna go from here but play on playa. 

"Playa."  Ahh, the old namecalling.  P.S. UVA Observer, it seems you two disagree (accidentally of course) on who beats Tazewell and the definition of an insult. LOL.

Go Gate City.  Where would I go from here you ask?  As always.....maturity level takes over and back to the thread on Gate City and Lee.  Notice how my last three of four posts have ended?  Always back on track and talking about the Gate.

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Guys, stop picking on Henry Melville. 

LOL.  I like it.  Facts are hard to come by for some.  I have some facts for you.........Gate City has more wins than your teams and a better winning percentage.  Ha Ha.  Again, 4 of 5 posts with a redirection back to the thread and Gate City football.  Want me to make it 5 of 6?

1 minute ago, TTownTigers said:

"Playa."  Ahh, the old namecalling.  P.S. UVA Observer, it seems you two disagree (accidentally of course) on who beats Tazewell and the definition of an insult. LOL.

Go Gate City.  Where would I go from here you ask?  As always.....maturity level takes over and back to the thread on Gate City and Lee.  Notice how my last three of four posts have ended?  Always back on track and talking about the Gate.

Some things go over your head, and that's ok. 

back to the topic - 

i think Lee will win. 35-14 if I'm guessing a score. I do hope that the Gate City kids give it their all for the rest this game and the rest. When you're on the field you're playing for your teammates and that's it. You can't control the coaches or fans but you can control your effort and you don't want to look back 10 years from now and want those plays back because you didn't give it your all. 

"Some things go over your head, and that's ok. "

Na, not really.  I don't get in the weeds with personal attacks back and forth.  I let facts do the arguing, and it's anger from where you are responding.  When responding with anger, you are always losing.   The true fact with your statement is...."you desperately want" things to be portrayed as going over my head because it makes you feel better.  The truth is.....you haven't given one fact this entire thread.  But, let me redirect and give you two.........Gate City has a better winning percentage than your school, and has more wins than your school.  Go Gate.  

3 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

Gate City has a better winning percentage than your school, and has more wins than your school.  Go Gate.  

Maybe they do but that doesn't have anything to do with Gate City vs. Lee. Please stay on topic. 

Just now, EH31 said:

Maybe they do but that doesn't have anything to do with Gate City vs. Lee. Please stay on topic. 

Why sure it does.  Because Gate City's winning percentage is better than Lee's and we have owned them for about 20 years.  It has everything to do with Gate City and Lee in my opinion, as stated very early in the thread on predictions and thoughts about the game.  Like you wrote, "less writing and more reading."  I got it at Lee 34-Gate City 17.  It should be Lee 51, Gate 17, but the GC blue and the initial shock and fear it puts into the Lee faithful will slow em down 14 points.  They still win big and have us 34-7 going in the fourth, but we get 10 points on them with their backups playing.

10 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

LOL.  I like it.  Facts are hard to come by for some.  I have some facts for you.........Gate City has more wins than your teams and a better winning percentage.  Ha Ha.  Again, 4 of 5 posts with a redirection back to the thread and Gate City football.  Want me to make it 5 of 6?

No they don't. VHSL Reference has GC winning 72.8% of their games compared to Union winning 76.5%. Fake news.

Just now, BigWinners said:

No they don't. VHSL Reference has GC winning 72.8% of their games compared to Union winning 76.5%. Fake news.

Union?  I didn't say anything about Union.  All I know about Union is one thing....no state titles and definitely, not more wins than the Gate for Goodness Sake.  LOL, I love your research sample.  LOL.  A school that's been open 5 or 6 years?  Call me in 50 years if they are still at 76.5%  LOL.  

2 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

Union?  I didn't say anything about Union.  All I know about Union is one thing....no state titles and definitely, not more wins than the Gate for Goodness Sake.  LOL, I love your research sample.  LOL.  A school that's been open 5 or 6 years?  Call me in 50 years if they are still at 76.5%  LOL.  

I'm shocked that a school that has been in existence for 8 years has fewer wins than a school that has been in existence for over 50 years.  Hard hitting analysis there, Cotton.

1 minute ago, TTownTigers said:

You made the statement there Einstein. You quoted me and said GC had a better winning percentage than the team I root for, which is inaccurate. You brought it up unsolicited and then were proven wrong. That would drive me nuts, but again I'm not sure we're the same species.

Just now, UVAObserver said:

Beware a 2000-word tome on how Shoemaker High School artificially lowers Gatw City's winning percentage.

Your reaching now.  I gotcha reaching.  Stretching, lol.  UVA observer and educated?  Hey UVA, do you know what a red herring is?  When you covered that in Charlottesville in your ethics class when they opened the little book of fallacies that Jefferson wrote, did you read it?  I just educated you on what one was, and incredibly, you respond in kind.  I guess you are a fast learner of "setting the example."  Either way, I respect ya and go Gate City.

3 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I'm shocked that a school that has been in existence for 8 years has fewer wins than a school that has been in existence for over 50 years.  Hard hitting analysis there, Cotton.

Ahhhh, there it is.  There's that UVA education.  You end the post with a name called (because you've lost and are angry), and then try to cover research, in which it's obvious that a 5 or 6 year sample of a higher winning percentage is totally easy to come by.  I think you know that though.  Either way, the Gate is still Great, and we will be back.