Lee @ Gate City

fb-fan24263

7 minutes ago, Great City said:

We dressed 27 kids tonight, and had 11 in street clothes on the sideline. (Not counting Webb who had knee surgery today). Plus, we lost Calhoun to an injury early in this game. Amazing. 

Smallest, good weather GC crowd I have ever seen at home. 

First home game I have missed in 6 years. Will be at Battle next week though. That will likely be it until next season for me. 

I don't normally say anything about kids but you guys have talent but the worst discipline team I've seen in a long time... You guys were moving the ball great at first then fell apart when first mistake was made.... kids hitting themselves in the head... You guys are like us you need a QB... He Made a lot of bad decisions as did ours.... 

8 hours ago, Grapeape said:

I have jumped ship on GC until basketball season. The bigger and more often the loss, the quicker the cancer named Akers will be removed. Both GC and Ridgeview will get blown out tonight and it doesn't bother me at all.

Well, you were right on one side of the equation.  Like TTownTigers, being right 1 out of every 13 tries is something to be proud of I guess. Tally ho!

On 10/10/2017 at 1:25 AM, EH31 said:

We beat Gate City that year, btw. Tighlee(sp) Anderson was a heck of an athlete. What happened to him?

You must be talking about 2008 @ Tazewell. We certainly didn’t play well that game. Tazewell had Matt Muncy and If I’m not mistaking he was supposed to go to Wake Forest. He was a monster. Anyways, Tihlee went on to play basketball for Va Intermont, worked as the AD at the Boys and Girls Club in Kingsport after that, and he currently works for the Scott County Sheriffs Department. 

3 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

It’s sad knowing Rye Cove has the best record in Scott County. No offense to Rye Cove, it’s actually offense to Gate City. 

It’s not sad that Rye Cove has the county’s best record. It’s sad that the best record in the county is the only one with a win. I believe that Cove finishes with either a 2-8 or 3-7 record. Regardless, it will be the best record in the county.

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

Heard a guy from Lee died last night shortly after winning half and half. 

Last I heard he is stable but is on ventilator they don’t know what happened. His daughter is friends with my wife 

22 minutes ago, Gobigred94 said:

Last I heard he is stable but is on ventilator they don’t know what happened. His daughter is friends with my wife 

Good. Hopefully he pulls through. 

29 minutes ago, Gobigred94 said:

It happened close to where I was setting...once it was noticed he was having trouble, several folks sprang into action. It went from calm to folks working as hard as they could on him in a second. Hope the guy gets well.

Yes, certainly hope the man is still with us. And hopefully he pulls through. Hate to see things like that happen at sporting events. Prayers for him and his family. I was glad to see Lee and GC fans who are trained in that profession jump in and help. Helping one another despite what political stance you have or whatever team you pull for is what America is all about. 

Since the gentleman in question obviously had a preexisting condition, it's probably fortunate that his symptoms presented in a location so close to the hospitals in Kingsport / JC. I'd hate to have a medical emergency in Lee County & be so far from a health care provider. Prayers for him and his family.