Lee @ Gate City

fb-fan24263

I hate to say it but I agree with the posts above. So much more I'd like to say, but I'll just keep that to myself. Hopefully after the next three weeks, we will see a change and get the program turned around in the right direction.

3 hours ago, TwhscoachT said:

Way its looking, will not be the last for a long time.

We shall see about that.  I disagree some on that point.  Gate City will be back.  Lee wins this one by 17.  It should be worse, but whenever Lee sees anything remotely resembling Gate City, it pees its pants, and that right there accounts for 14 points for GC.  Final Score and somewhat alarming, 34-17 Lee.  Much of this due to the rivalry component and much of this due to the physicality of what a Union team does to opponents.  Either way, Gate City will advance on the season as "defeated" and attempts to go "Defeated" for the first time in the history of Gate City High.  I know Bluefield Researcher, Shoemeaker High went 0-10 in the early 50's, but again, since the new school was built and called "Gate City High School," we have never been 0-7 in the history of our program, so last week was a first for us.  Each and every game we lose from this point is a "first."  It's record breaking, for example, never an 0-7 start, or 0-8, or 0-9, and incredibly, we may actually be able to pull it off and for the first time, go "Defeated" at 0-10.  We have always attempted to go "Undeated," but never "Defeated."  0-10 is not an easy task and it's actually somewhat hard to do.  But hey, "lets not talk about it."

7 hours ago, TTownTigers said:

We shall see about that.  I disagree some on that point.  Gate City will be back.  Lee wins this one by 17.  It should be worse, but whenever Lee sees anything remotely resembling Gate City, it pees its pants, and that right there accounts for 14 points for GC.  Final Score and somewhat alarming, 34-17 Lee.  Much of this due to the rivalry component and much of this due to the physicality of what a Union team does to opponents.  Either way, Gate City will advance on the season as "defeated" and attempts to go "Defeated" for the first time in the history of Gate City High.  I know Bluefield Researcher, Shoemeaker High went 0-10 in the early 50's, but again, since the new school was built and called "Gate City High School," we have never been 0-7 in the history of our program, so last week was a first for us.  Each and every game we lose from this point is a "first."  It's record breaking, for example, never an 0-7 start, or 0-8, or 0-9, and incredibly, we may actually be able to pull it off and for the first time, go "Defeated" at 0-10.  We have always attempted to go "Undeated," but never "Defeated."  0-10 is not an easy task and it's actually somewhat hard to do.  But hey, "lets not talk about it."

I've not watched Gate City this year but watching film they don't look like much..... Yes we've lost games this year but ask anyone who has played us we won't be pissing in our pants this Friday!!! I'll be shocked if gate city scores on us.... 

Oh stop with the "literal" response.  You and I both know I'm joking about the peeing part, but I'm not joking about GC being inside your head for along time.  You all have had some teams that have been better than ours over the years that surely should have won, but somehow managed to lose.  And yes, some of those losses were mental. Gate City will score on you because what some of you fail to realize is how bad Gate City is, which means.....the game is over by 3rd quarter, and Lee's starters come off the field in the 4th.  GC will score.

Off the top of my head, Central is the only 2A team around that GC has an even slight chance of beating and that is only because of their (Central) key injury. I challenge anyone to name 10 1A teams GC could beat.

Rye Cove

Twin Springs

Tom Walker

Eastside ?

Burton ?

Hurley ?

Lebanon ?

42 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

Off the top of my head, Central is the only 2A team around that GC has an even slight chance of beating and that is only because of their (Central) key injury. I challenge anyone to name 10 1A teams GC could beat.

Rye Cove

Twin Springs

Tom Walker

Eastside ?

Burton ?

Hurley ?

Lebanon ?

Didn't realize Lebanon was 2A. They're 1-5, so GC would be an underdog.

49 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

Rye Cove

Twin Springs

Tom Walker

Eastside ?

Burton ?

Hurley ?

Lebanon ?

Rye Cove

Twin Valley 

Thomas Walker

Twin Springs

Holston

Northwood

Rural Retreat

Bland

Lebanon 2A

Honaker 

On 10/9/2017 at 12:07 PM, TTownTigers said:

Wow.  I sense anger.  Apologies for anything I've done or said to offend you.  To answer your question though.....I'm posting the same as scores of other folks on the message board such as yourself; therefore, your post could have fell into place anywhere in any thread.  To be more specific, if that is truly what you wish (I sense it's not), but to be more specific as to why I posted, the thread was about Gate City and Lee and thoughts on that game.  As a Gate City fan, I gave a "thought" on the game like the other 11 posters (to be exact) in the thread.  Wait, it must have been the Tazewell comment?  No offense, but I think the Gate beats Tazewell this year.

22 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Finger exercises. 

Ahhh, there it is. It was the Tazewell comment.  That was the give away.  Hey, if you makes you two feel better, Tazewell would beat GC this year, nahh, just kiddin, but EH31, your "not a Tazewell fan" so you shouldn't be offended.  The real question is....being a GC-Lee high thread, why are you 2 posting?  No need to answer that question as I respect your opinions and posts either way.  Gate City was throttled by Marion.  Tazewell played em closer.  Gate City played Richlands closer by score than Tazewell.  That's the two common opponents.  Marion is MORE improved from Game 1 to now than any of the 4 teams above.  I simply like our chances against Tazewell, and will next year if we play, the year after, the year after that, and that......etc.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

GC was healthier against Richlands than they are now. 

True that.  We are hurting pretty good this year.  Lee should be able to run and throw it on us at will, and we will have trouble moving it for sure.  Hopefully, we can get some first downs and takeaways and kill the clock enough to keep it respectable.  At this point, I would just like to see us making it a game by half-time.