Updated power points Region D -- UNOFFICIAL

swva_havok_fan

8 minutes ago, BlackWolf5 said:

Who needs to lose for Richlands to get in the playoffs I know they need to win out

Richlands may get in by simply beating Lebanon. Beat Va High too and they're in...almost guaranteed. 

GC beating Central will help if they lose to Va High.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

You're right. I was looking at the wrong week on my spreadsheet. Brooke is the team I meant. Could be wrong, but I'm giving Princeton the win over Greenbrier.

I think they'll beat greenbrier and just knowing a little about Brooke's opponents and the common opponents they have had with Princeton I would give them a slight chance to win that game but it's gonna be hard to go almost all the way to Steubenville, OH & get a win. 

31 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Richlands may get in by simply beating Lebanon. Beat Va High too and they're in...almost guaranteed. 

GC beating Central will help if they lose to Va High.

So you are saying if Richlands and Grayson win out they could outpoint Grayson?

3 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

Me too. I'm way behind thanks to having to clean up the house after the break-in. It's less thn 50-50 I'll have the 2-weeks out stuff posted, with the time I need to double-check everything. But I will have it done by Friday and use it after the games to set up the last week.  We'll see.

I remember someone saying something about your place being broke into. That sucks. 

5 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

So you are saying if Richlands and Grayson win out they could outpoint Grayson?

No. In that scenario Grayson would have more points, but Richlands could still get in.

However, it is HIGHLY unlikely that Grayson wins out.

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

No. In that scenario Grayson would have more points, but Richlands could still get in.

However, it is HIGHLY unlikely that Grayson wins out.

Its possible. I believe they have a good chance with GW. Galax would be tougher. 

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

So are you saying a 3-7 team is pretty much guaranteed a playoff berth?

If so how pathetic the playoff system had become

All about the benjamin's baby

No. A 4-6 Richlands is almost guaranteed.  A 3-7 Richlands can squeak in though.

It's not unprecedented. Martinsville got in with a 1-9 record in 2014. Played Giles in the first round.

2 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

No. A 4-6 Richlands is almost guaranteed.  A 3-7 Richlands can squeak in though.

It's not unprecedented. Martinsville got in with a 1-9 record in 2014. Played Giles in the first round.

I dont see how with Battle and Lee with 5 wins.

6 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I know that and I said then it was a joke and I still say it

Would you have a link to the way the points are calculated? I knew it by memory last year but I can't remember now. Is it 2 points for A, 4 for 2A, 6 for 3A, etc. & then something gets multipled if you won your game against that team, right? 

16 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

4-6 Richlands will outpoint a 5-5 Battle. It is also possible for Battle, Lee, and Richlands to all make the playoffs.

I believe Virginia High will be a tough game for Richlands. Luckily its at Richlands.

19 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Would you have a link to the way the points are calculated? I knew it by memory last year but I can't remember now. Is it 2 points for A, 4 for 2A, 6 for 3A, etc. & then something gets multipled if you won your game against that team, right? 

You get base points for the game itself depending on the opponent's classification and whether you win or lose.

If you win...

6A-26pts, 5A-24pts, 4A-22pts, 3A-20pts, 2A-18pts, 1A-16pts

If you lose...

6A-14pts, 5A-12pts, 4A-10pts, 3A-8pts, 2A-6pts, 1A-4pts

You get 2 pts for each win a defeated opponent has for the season. You get 1 pt for each win a non-defeated opponent has for the season.

If you play a team in a lower classification, you get the same amount of base points as if they were the same classification as you. Example....Burton is 1A, but Union received 18 base points for winning plus 2 pts for each win Burton gets this season. 6 so far for their 3 wins.

If you go to the VHSL's website and view the weekly ratings it has all that at the top.

Region 3D Unofficial:

1. Staunton River 28.5
  2. Lord Botetourt 27.25
  3. Magna Vista 22.125
  4. Northside 21
  5. Abingdon 20.125
  6. Alleghany 18.625
  7. Cave Spring 18
  8. Tunstall 16.875
  9. Hidden Valley 16.25
  10. Patrick County 14.875
  11. Christiansburg 13.75

Note:  Lord Botetourt and Northside apparently played for the second time this season on Friday night.  Since this occurred, I have no idea if both games count for points or not.  I figured it up as if they did.  If both games do NOT count and only one does, then both of their averages will be significantly lower than what I have here.