4. Northside 21
  5. Abingdon 20.42857
  6. Cave Spring 17.57143
  7. Alleghany 17.28571
  8. Tunstall 16.71429
  9. Hidden Valley 15.85714
  10. Patrick County 14
  11. Christiansburg 13

If anyone wants to take a stab at 1C and 2C, go ahead.  Else, I will try to do them tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, trumpet1988 said:

Richlands maybe looking in. I don’t think GC can look in unless there’s a major anomaly. 

Oh there is no doubt GC’s playoff chances were gone 4 weeks ago. I was just stating that at this point of the season, both programs would not get in and if you told me that 3 years ago I would’ve laughed it off. Sadly it’s a reality. 

You have Union as #1, other guy had Marion. 

It's all moot right now. Union has to take care of business and hope the teams they've beaten win. It's gonna come down to the wire. Both Union and Graham desperately want the #1 seed (Marion does as well. Can't count out Canes), it could be the deciding factor in playoffs. Both teams enjoy a huge home field advantage. 

7 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Crazy thing is... If Ridgeview beats Abingdon, Ridgeview could go to #1. Until the final week that is. Honaker is going to bring us down in the points that final week. 

Bc Union is off next week then play Abingdon. There's three weeks left in regular season for Union, off then @AHS then Battle at home. I hope RV keeps winning (although I'm not sure it wouldn't help Union more if AHS won this week and then lost to Union), it helps Union points wise and a 9-1 RV shouldn't be able to outpoint a 10-0 Union. 

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

If Richlands finishes 3-7 and Grayson finishes 4-6, then Tazewell should snag the #8 seed in that scenario.

Wow.  That would be all sorts of freaky, and not altogether impossible.  Grayson won't be favored in any of their remaining games.  Richlands will likely lose to Graham and beat Lebanon, and the VHS game is a coinflip for them.  Tazewell should beat Lebanon, and shouldn't be too much of an underdog against Grundy.

4 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Wow.  That would be all sorts of freaky, and not altogether impossible.  Grayson won't be favored in any of their remaining games.  Richlands will likely lose to Graham and beat Lebanon, and the VHS game is a coinflip for them.  Tazewell should beat Lebanon, and shouldn't be too much of an underdog against Grundy.

Even freakier....a 3-7 Wise Central team can outpoint a 3-7 Richands, 3-7 Tazewell  and 4-6 Grayson Co for the 8th seed if.....Grundy wins their remaining games OR Eastside wins their remaining 3 coupled with Grundy victories over Tazewell and Riverview. 

23 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Even freakier....a 3-7 Wise Central team can outpoint a 3-7 Richands, 3-7 Tazewell  and 4-6 Grayson Co for the 8th seed if.....Grundy wins their remaining games OR Eastside wins their remaining 3 coupled with Grundy victories over Tazewell and Riverview. 

A little more improbable, but feasible.

Central needs to beat Gate City to get to 3-7 (assuming they won't beat Lee, because...they won't).  Those two teams are probably the worst performing teams in 2D football not named Lebanon in recent weeks.  You'd have to think that Central beats Gate City to complete Gate's run of imperfection, but I'd be wary of a "not on my watch" sort of game out of GC to take the win.

It would take a major upset for Eastside to defeat Chilhowie.  Eastside's other 2 games are winnable (Holstein, Castlewood), though the Castlewood game is just about a coin flip as I see it.

Grundy has to face Pikeville, Tazewell, and Riverview.  Pikeville and Tazewell are both coin-flip types of games, though both should favor Grundy slightly.  Riverview should be no match whatsoever for Grundy.

Seems like the biggest games to watch in the coming weeks at the bottom of the bracket are:

(1) VHS/Richlands

(2) Tazewell/Grundy

(3) Central/Gate City

(4) Grayson Co./George Wythe

52 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

It would take a major upset for Eastside to defeat Chilhowie.  Eastside's other 2 games are winnable (Holstein, Castlewood), though the Castlewood game is just about a coin flip as I see it.

Castlewood did just lose 7-0 to a pitiful Lebanon team...

58 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

It would take a major upset for Eastside to defeat Chilhowie.  Eastside's other 2 games are winnable (Holstein, Castlewood), though the Castlewood game is just about a coin flip as I see i

At this point, I would think Eastside would be considered the favorite to win the Cumberland...they are up and down week to week, though. But, Eastside puts pretty good talent at the skill positions this year.

28 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

At this point, I would think Eastside would be considered the favorite to win the Cumberland...they are up and down week to week, though. But, Eastside puts pretty good talent at the skill positions this year.

Castlewood vs Burton will gauge who will win the district. 

1 hour ago, TwhscoachT said:

Castlewood vs Burton will gauge who will win the district. 

With Burton already losing to Eastside, I would think the Eastside/Castlewood game would more than likely decide the district. Eastside has won 4 in a row, and has only 1 loss to a 1A opponent (Patrick Henry who currently sits at the top of the power rankings in the region). In this case Burton isn't the barometer.

30 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Castlewood has been up and down, and as bad a season as Lebanon has had, being "county champs" added a bit of juice for Lebanon, as that very seldom comes around for them.

Lebanon used to field some excellent teams back in the day. Some of them made some nice playoff runs. That hasn’t been a thing since 2009. 

17 minutes ago, BlackWolf5 said:

If Richlands win out will they squeeze into the playoffs?

I don't think squeeze is the right word. If they finish 5-5, they could reach the 6 seed. Beating Graham would bring hella points. VHS would be a good point haul, too.