WCYB's Top 5 Tuesday Picks

Falcon Mania

10 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

I don’t know how you justify Chilhowie over Union?

Over Union or Ridgeview was a bit of a head scratcher to me.  I guess WCYB has high hopes for Marion.  That or they are billing this week as the game of the week Chilhowie vs Marion

17 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

I don’t know how you justify Chilhowie over Union?

Evidently they don't recognize 1-A and 2A classification.  Let Union or Ridgeview play Chilhowie and they will see the difference.  Hats off to Chilhowie for a fantastic year last year, but #1 in the area, Don't Think So!!!

It's a preseason top 5.  They haven't played a game yet so it's just speculation.  I believe the biggest factor that played into them ranking them 1 is because the amount of starters returning from the success they had last season.  Ridgeview has high hopes for the year and same for Union but Union lost good talent from last year so let's not get so worked up over this.

1 hour ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Why or Why not:

Chilhowie is ranked 1. Why?

Marion is actually ranked. Why?

Richands isn't ranked. Why not?

Abingdon isn't ranked . Why not?

Neither Union nor Ridgeview is ranked at 1. Why not?

1. They have 20 starters returning from a team that was the last playing last year. Direct from Casey’s mouth about 30 min ago. 

2. It’s the preseason. 

3. Richlands (Tazewell Co.) is not in the WCYB market, and is therefore not eligible for the ranking. 

4. See number 2. 

5. See number 1. 

I can see why Chilhowie was ranked first. Last season they made it the farthest and return a lot. 

Would Ridgeview and Union beat Chilhowie? Probably. 

Relax. It’s only preseason. There will certainly be some changes to the top 5 as the season progresses. 

19 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Evidently they don't recognize 1-A and 2A classification.  Let Union or Ridgeview play Chilhowie and they will see the difference.  Hats off to Chilhowie for a fantastic year last year, but #1 in the area, Don't Think So!!!

3 hours ago, trumpet1988 said:

I can see why Chilhowie was ranked first. Last season they made it the farthest and return a lot. 

Would Ridgeview and Union beat Chilhowie? Probably. 

Relax. It’s only preseason. There will certainly be some changes to the top 5 as the season progresses. 

Ridgeview did play Chilhowie.  Last week.  And won.  Even if it was a benefit game, they still won the game.

But, yeah, I don't have any qualms over preseason polls... we'll see how it plays out.

12 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

1. They have 20 starters returning from a team that was the last playing last year. Direct from Casey’s mouth about 30 min ago. 

2. It’s the preseason. 

3. Richlands (Tazewell Co.) is not in the WCYB market, and is therefore not eligible for the ranking. 

4. See number 2. 

5. See number 1. 

I forgot about Richlands being in WVVA's area.  I know WCYB used to cover Richlands.  I didn't know if the coverage area changed or WVVA was claiming what was theirs.   

Edited by Liam McPoyle
Sorry...misunderstood response

8 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

I forgot about Richlands being in WVVA's area.  I know WCYB used to cover Richlands.  I didn't know if the coverage area changed or WVVA was claiming what was theirs.   

Tazewell Co hasn’t never been in the WCYB market, but WCYB used to cover it anyway along with WVVA. That changed a few years back with WVVA forced WCYB off of TV in TazCo, so WCYB quit going since no one could watch the shows anymore. 

18 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Tazewell Co hasn’t never been in the WCYB market, but WCYB used to cover it anyway along with WVVA. That changed a few years back with WVVA forced WCYB off of TV in TazCo, so WCYB quit going since no one could watch the shows anymore. 

Yet WVVA was nowhere in sight last night.  Fox 59 out of Beckley was there...

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Yet WVVA was nowhere in sight last night.  Fox 59 out of Beckley was there...

WVVA was there. They sent us (WCYB) the highlights of the game so we could run them last night for our Bristol folks. 

In return, we are sending WVVA the Richlands/GC highlights tonight so they will have them. WVVA and WCYB have always worked well with each other when it comes to sharing highlights. 

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

WVVA was there. They sent us (WCYB) the highlights of the game so we could run them last night for our Bristol folks. 

In return, we are sending WVVA the Richlands/GC highlights tonight so they will have them. WVVA and WCYB have always worked well with each other when it comes to sharing highlights. 

Interesting as never saw them or a vehicle. Couldn't miss 59