Possible Upsets Week 2, What say you, again? Just for fun!

Gridiron60

7 minutes ago, Old Soul said:

Not sure if it’s considered an upset, but Christiansburg over Giles. Christiansburg has been down and Giles usually whips em. I take Cburg with upset

That might be a good pick, too.

1 hour ago, GMan said:

Tazewell over Graham...but not real sure that will be considered an upset as the season goes on...

Can't decide if you're serious or being sarcastic but I think comparing a win over VA High to a loss to Bluefield is like comparing apples and oranges. If Dawgs pull it off, more power to them but I have a feeling Palmer & company will be ready to answer anything Harris & company throw at them. 

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Can't decide if you're serious or being sarcastic but I think comparing a we in over VA High to a loss to Bluefield is like comparing apples and oranges. If Dawgs pull it off, more power to them but I have a feeling Palmer & company will be ready to answer anything Harris & company throw at them. 

In one score and 1 decade ago, Graham won the title in 1989 after coming off of a 3-7 season in 1988. The Dogs were a lousy 2-8 last year (2018) and only 1 game worse than those 1988 G Men. Just sayin.....

Now, if you look at the near misses Graham had in that 3-7 season of which 7-3 were only a few plays away compared to some of the severe whipping Tazewell had last season, that's another point, but still all in fun to think about what happened nearly 1/3rd of a century ago in the same county.

1 hour ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

JI Burton over Chilhowie

Bland and Northwood over Narrows. According to Maxpreps, I just can't see Narrows whipping both of em at the same time.

Know nothing about Northwood, can they beat Narz? Bland won’t! 

2 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

In one score and 1 decade ago, Graham won the title in 1989 after coming off of a 3-7 season in 1988. The Dogs were a lousy 2-8 last year (2018) and only 1 game worse than those 1988 G Men. Just sayin.....

Now, if you look at the near misses Graham had in that 3-7 season of which 7-3 were only a few plays away compared to some of the severe whipping Tazewell had last season, that's another point, but still all in fun to think about what happened nearly 1/3rd of a century ago in the same county.

That is a good comparison but I do think it’s a tougher task for the dawgs. I’m pretty sure in 89 that Richlands , Tazewell and Grundy were all .500 or worse. Throw in a 6-4 Beaver team and a winless Princeton team it’s a much easier road than what these boys have in front of them this year. 

It doesn't seem right to say that Virginia High over John Battle would be an upset, but this is a strange year. 

If the Cats can get their athletes in space and not hemorrhage on defense, they can still beat their rivals 

16 hours ago, V-Cats said:

It doesn't seem right to say that Virginia High over John Battle would be an upset, but this is a strange year. 

If the Cats can get their athletes in space and not hemorrhage on defense, they can still beat their rivals 

My opinion of the V-High running backs from week 1, were they didn't seem to fire off the ball or hit the holes with any kind of speed, could've been due to the lineman being pushed back into the backfield. I know Bearcat Dad said they were young, but they do have size on the front lines and a QB that can let it rip. Good Luck the rest of the season.

On 9/2/2019 at 8:11 PM, Hokie1Pokie said:

JI Burton over Chilhowie

Bland and Northwood over Narrows. According to Maxpreps, I just can't see Narrows whipping both of em at the same time.

On a brighter note, Bland County Bears Middle School team pulls an upset in overtime against East Mont. Maybe those Bears will eventually get a varsity team going again.