2020 Baseball season is on us

5 hours ago, Buffs_Baseball said:

Ryan4VT. is the Osborne girl a senior this year or did she graduate last year?

here are the Seniors on teams in the M7 that wont get to play at all if they cancel the rest of school,

Abingdon - ??  

Battle - Bowman, I wanna think Poe is. grandpaw_trojan you might know more about this than me

Central - Bishop, EJ McDaniel and Lucas Messer

Gate City- Compton

Lee - Tabor

Ridgeview ??

Union - Cam Bartee, Mason Caldwell, Cole Mullins

Now this is just some of the kids I know from some of the teams, feel free to add any that you know to the list.

yes Bowman an Poe, also Whit, Mayo and Cunningham has fought back from the knee injury in football an is set to be released to play.

5 hours ago, Buffs_Baseball said:

here are the Seniors on teams in the M7 that wont get to play at all if they cancel the rest of school,

Abingdon - ??  

Battle - Bowman, I wanna think Poe is. grandpaw_trojan you might know more about this than me

Gate City- Compton

Lee - Tabor

Ridgeview ??

Now this is just some of the kids I know from some of the teams, feel free to add any that you know to the list.

She’s a senior. Along with 6 others who have started every game since they were freshmen. 

The ones in bold have signed their letters of intent to play in College along with the school they'll be attending

Abingdon - Grayson Waddle, Jadon Booth, Jonas Lane  --Stantheman  do you know if they are going to be playing at the next level next year.

Battle - Bowman- Milligan,  Poe, Whit, Mayo and Cunningham-Bluefield

Central - Bishop-Milligan, EJ McDaniel-Berea and Lucas Messer

Gate City- Compton-Walter State

On 3/20/2020 at 2:39 AM, Buffs_Baseball said:

Abingdon - ??  

Gate City- Compton

Lee - Tabor

Ridgeview ??

Richlands softball is loaded with seniors, and yes Osborne is one.  That will be really unfortunate if they don't get the chance to repeat, especially with the heartbreak they had during her freshman and sophomore seasons.

I hope all these young men an women get to finish out their senior year that they have worked so hard for. I know my grandson is very down about this year an now this on top of it all, an I am sure the rest of these kids feel the same. There is teams out there that feel like this is there year an might not never know if it could have been. I do pray that these kids an the rest of us survive this virus and I get to watch these kids play out their last year in High School.

1 hour ago, grandpaw trojan said:

Just saw on the VHSL site that they just cancelled the spring sports in Va. its just a shame. I do think the gov. has over stepped again, another 2 week delay would not have hurt. 

If you think this is going to be over in 2 weeks, I have a Virginia Tech national championship trophy to show you...

55 minutes ago, sixcat said:

It’s a shame but the governor only had one real choice here!  It’s not something we can afford to get wrong and it’s not about politics. 

This. It sucks. Badly. But we CANNOT screw this up. One slip and we go back to square one. We have to take this seriously. 

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

On 3/23/2020 at 10:45 PM, Ryan4VT said:

This. It sucks. Badly. But we CANNOT screw this up. One slip and we go back to square one. We have to take this seriously. 

Spoiler alert: we screwed it up...

• 6 months later...