Region 1D & 2D playoff seedings

swva_havok_fan

This is in the KTN today:

Region 1D will set the 8 seeds by the traditional top 8 in the power points basically.

This is the excerpt on Region 2D from Kevin Mays:

In Region 2D, things seem simpler but could get complicated.

There are only two districts--the Mountain 7 and the Southwest--in the region.  With that in mind, the schools in the region have opted to seed the top four teams from each district in the region quarterfinals.  

Seems simple enough.  There's a little bit of a catch, however.

As of now, the plan calls for using the schools' power point ratings instead of their final district standings to determine the rankings in the postseason.

It's very possible that the top four teams in each district could advance to the playoffs.  But it's also possible that a fifth place team could make the playoffs over one of the top four squads because of its power points rating.

So it's not as simple as it looks.

Is this news to anyone else?  In the end, I guess the 8 that deserve to go are going to go, but just seems strange.

edit:  Just messaged a member on Facebook messenger and it apparently was already known by most everyone on here but me.  Lol.  Carry on with your day as normal then.  Sorry for the post.  😄

2 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

This is in the KTN today:

Region 1D will set the 8 seeds by the traditional top 8 in the power points basically.

This is the excerpt on Region 2D from Kevin Mays:

In Region 2D, things seem simpler but could get complicated.

There are only two districts--the Mountain 7 and the Southwest--in the region.  With that in mind, the schools in the region have opted to seed the top four teams from each district in the region quarterfinals.  

Seems simple enough.  There's a little bit of a catch, however.

As of now, the plan calls for using the schools' power point ratings instead of their final district standings to determine the rankings in the postseason.

It's very possible that the top four teams in each district could advance to the playoffs.  But it's also possible that a fifth place team could make the playoffs over one of the top four squads because of its power points rating.

So it's not as simple as it looks.

Is this news to anyone else?  In the end, I guess the 8 that deserve to go are going to go, but just seems strange.

Been hearing rumors of top 4 from each district, just not details on how they were choosing, or if there would be cross bracketing. The only issue I have is what if the 5th seed from one district has a higher PP rating than the 4th seed of the other district. How's that fair?

3 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Been hearing rumors of top 4 from each district, just not details on how they were choosing, or if there would be cross bracketing. The only issue I have is what if the 5th seed from one district has a higher PP rating than the 4th seed of the other district. How's that fair?

Well in the M7, I don't think there's any chance that Lee or Battle outpoint Gate City.  I could be wrong though.

Southwest, I don't think Marion outpoints Richlands or Tazewell... 

So in the end, I still think the 8 teams who deserve it are going, but to your point, not sure how the matchups are going to be drawn up.

6 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Well in the M7, I don't think there's any chance that Lee or Battle outpoint Gate City.  I could be wrong though.

Southwest, I don't think Marion outpoints Richlands or Tazewell... 

So in the end, I still think the 8 teams who deserve it are going, but to your point, not sure how the matchups are going to be drawn up.

I was more worried about Marion outpointing GC, but after looking at the remaining games, looks like GC has 3 winnable games left. Marion has none. Things will probably fall into line nicely.

2 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

CROSS BRACKET TOP 4 FROM EACH DISTRICT, I SEE RIDGEVIEW UNION CENTRAL  GATE CITY FROM THE MNT., GRAHAM, VA HIGH,RICHLANDS, TAZWELL, NOT SURE OF THE TOP TEAM BUT THERE WOULD BE SOME GOOD GAMES.WITH FEW IF ANY REPEATS

Right now using that method and using @Union_Fan unofficial power points, we'd have:

• Gate City at Graham
  • Wise Central at Virginia High
  • Tazewell at Ridgeview
  • Richlands at Union

All four not the absolute worst first round matchups we've seen in recent years.

20 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Right now using that method and using @Union_Fan unofficial power points, we'd have:

• Gate City at Graham
  • Wise Central at Virginia High
  • Tazewell at Ridgeview
  • Richlands at Union

All four not the absolute worst first round matchups we've seen in recent years.

Va High and Graham are going to be #s 1 and 2 from SWD, with #1 being the winner of their game. One - three seeds in M7 are completely up in the air.

3 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

That M7 district is tough this year. Some good football to be played in the coming weeks.

Absolutely! Union has Ridgeview, Central, Richlands and Abingdon in a row. I realize that Richlands game may not be what it once looked like, but that's still a gauntlet. Also have Central/Abingdon coming up and Ridgeview/Abingdon left to go.

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

Absolutely! Union has Ridgeview, Central, Richlands and Abingdon in a row. I realize that Richlands game may not be what it once looked like, but that's still a gauntlet. Also have Central/Abingdon coming up and Ridgeview/Abingdon left to go.

That’s going to be some good football coming up. I can’t wait to see how it all shakes out. 

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Be nice to come out of that 4-0 but 3-1 would be good also

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

Be nice to come out of that 4-0 but 3-1 would be good also

After watching Lomax in action against Graham, he’s phenomenal. I’m not sure how any team successfully shuts him down for an entire game. If he’s in there, he’s making things happen. He’s a work horse & a half. I don’t know who’s up for POY in M7 but he’d be my pick. I see him giving all four teams listed a fit. 

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

After watching Lomax in action against Graham, he’s phenomenal. I’m not sure how any team successfully shuts him down for an entire game. If he’s in there, he’s making things happen. He’s a work horse & a half. I don’t know who’s up for POY in M7 but he’d be my pick. I see him giving all four teams listed a fit. 

Playing half a game is gonna hurt him for PoY but he should get plenty of carries in the next few weeks