TSSAA Playoffs

SXSW

On 11/18/2021 at 11:22 AM, SXSW said:

Alcoa vs. Riverheads would be a great game or even Alcoa vs. Appomattox would be quality too. 

Alcoa would run all over either by as much as they felt like. They're a 6A talent school in 3A clothing. 

7 hours ago, SXSW said:

Well it's semifinal week and an unprecedented event will take place in Carter County. With 3 semifinal games all within 18 miles of each other! Kind of like the old days of Southwest Virginia. 

In 1A: South Pittsburg (9-2) visits Cloudland (12-1) Cloudland's only loss this year was to Hampton. The other side of the bracket is Trenton Peabody (12-1) @ 13-0 McKenzie.

In 2A: Trousdale County (12-1) makes the 4.5 hour trip to Hampton (10-2) to take on the Bulldogs. Hampton had an incredible come from behind win over Oneida. The other semifinal 12-1 Westview travels to 12-1 Riverside.

In 3A: 12-0 Giles County will be 12-1 Alcoa's next victim and 12-0 Dyersburg travels to 9-4 East Nashville in the other semifinal

In 4A: The trifectas final game is 12-1 Upperman visiting the 12-1 Cyclones of Elizabethton. The other side of the bracket is a battle of unbeatens Haywood travels to Tullahoma.

In 5A: Knox Powell (11-2) plays Knox West (11-2) and 12-1 Page hosts 8-5 Henry County

In 6A: Oakland travel Maryville in a battle of 13-0 teams and Summit (13-0) travels to Hendersonville (10-3) 

The Division 2 Title games are already set. These games are set to be played on December 2 in Chattanooga.

In 1A: Donaldson Christian(12-1) takes on Nashville Christian (11-2) In 2A: CPA (10-2) plays Lipscomb Academy (11-1) and 3A: McCallie (12-0) plays MBA (9-3) 

I am hoping for a Carter County sweep but Hampton and Cloudland have very tall tasks. Good Luck to all involved and Happy Thanksgiving To One and All!

I can't handle the cold, so I think I'll stay in and stream undefeated Palm Beach Central v 10-1 Treasure Coast. It's amazing that there will be three state semifinal games within 18 miles of each other in Carter Co going on.

Cloudland v South Pittsburgh - It's tough to play on Roan Mtn in brutally cold weather, but the Pirates are too athletic for them. SP by 3 TD.

Hampton v Trousedale Co. - This one will be a little closer. Trousedale by 10

Betsy v Upperman - Betsy shooting for three straight titles, and I don't see Upperman getting in the way. Betsy by 20.

Murville v Oakland - Murville got destroyed in this game last year and I don't think the gap has closed by much. Oakland by 21.

Alcoa v Giles - There's just no way for the other 3A schools to prepare for Alcoa. I'll go with the Tornados by 28

West v Powell - Should be the best game of the night. I'll go with West by a TD.

It's Finals Week!!!! The long and winding road reaches the end starting Thursday in Chattanooga at Finley Stadium

The D2 (private schools) get things started Thursday. In D2 1A: Donaldson Christian (12-1) plays Nashville Christian (11-2), 2A has CPA (12-1) playing the Trent Dilfer coached Lipscomb Academy(11-1) and 3A has McCallie (12-0) playing MBA (9-3) 2A game time is 12pm, 1A is 4pm and 3A is at 8pm. 

The Public Schools get thing rolling Friday at Noon. 3A plays first as Alcoa (13-1) plays East Nashville (10-4) at 4pm in the 1A title tilt South Pittsburg (10-2) plays Mckenzie (14-0) and the night cap has Powell (12-2) playing Page (13-1).

Saturday has the 4A championship game at noon when Elizabethton (12-1) plays undefeated Tullahoma (14-0) Betsy is trying to win it's 3rd state title in a row, in the 2A game at 4pm Hampton (12-2) plays 13-1 Westview and the 6A game gets the 8pm primetime game when undefeated Oakland (14-0) plays undefeated (14-0) Summit. 

All game times are Eastern Time and all the games will be broadcast on WCYB 5.2 the CW, in the Tri-Cities. 

No idea about the privates, but.....

A - Should be a great battle between South Pitt and McKenzie. I'll go with McKenzie over the Fightn' Roy Dillards in a close one.

AA - Love to see Hampton pull it off, and if they can grind the ball on the ground, they have a shot. I'll go with Westview by 10 though.

AAA - Alcoa with a running clock to start the 2nd half.

AAAA - Should be another great game. I'll go with Betsy in a tight one for a three peat.

AAAAA - Powell by 10

AAAAAA - If Oakland can contain Destin Wade, they'll win comfortably. If not, this will go to the wire. Oakland by 10. 

On 11/24/2021 at 2:01 PM, chipinbogey said:

Alcoa would run all over either by as much as they felt like. They're a 6A talent school in 3A clothing. 

The ALuminum COrporation of America produces an unbelievable amount of talent for a place that’s roughly the size of the Town of Pulaski.  Lynn Swann, Randall Cobb, and several others who had a cup of coffee in the league.

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

The ALuminum COrporation of America produces an unbelievable amount of talent for a place that’s roughly the size of the Town of Pulaski.  Lynn Swann, Randall Cobb, and several others who had a cup of coffee in the league.

Alcoa should move up to 4A during the next cycle if the numbers don't magically change! 

16 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

If that happens, look for Betsy to magically remember they're a 3A school that's playing up.  Lol

I think the idea is for Alcoa is to play up, there has been talk about them going all the way up to 5A with the rest of the Knox County Schools, when the last round of reclassification occurred all the Knox County Schools went to 5A regardless of size for scheduling and travel purposes.  

The TSSAA 2021 Season is over. The Finals were completed over the weekend. The weather was nearly perfect all weekend with high's in the 70's. Congratulations to all the winners here are the summaries of all 9 games.

On Thursday the Division 2 Teams took the field. In the 1A game Donaldson Christian beat Nashville Christian 31-7: It is DCA's 4th State Title. In the 2A game Lipscomb Academy beat Christ Presbyterian 27-0, it was Lipscomb 1st title.

In the 3A game The McCallie School  of Chattanooga beat Montgomery Bell Academy 28-7. It was McCallie's third title in a row and 4th overall.

On Friday in the 1A Game: South Pittsburg beat McKenzie 24-21, it is South Pitts 6th State Title and first since 2010. South Pittsburgs coach quit on the team after their first game to become a DC in the CFL.

In the 3A Game:  Alcoa beat East Nashville 45-14. Alcoa has won the last 7 straight 3A titles and it's their 20th overall.

In the 5A Game:  Powell beat Page 42-34. Jordyn Potts outdueled Jake McNamara (Colorado State Commit) (they combined for 615 yards passing and 8 TD's) It is Powell's first state title!

On Saturday. In the 4A Game: This was a classic. Tullahoma beat two time defending state champion Elizabethton 21-14 in 2 OT's. Tullahoma's Ryan Scott was the MVP he was 12-16 for 124 1 TD, and ran 16 times for 88 yards and 1 TD. Bryson Rollins finished his brilliant

career at Elizabethton Rollins finished 16-26 passing for 131 and a touchdown and a interception on the first play of the 2nd OT for Betsy, and ran 35 times for 138 yards. Tullahoma had back to back 0-10 season's on 2015 and 2016. It is Tullahoma's first state title.

In the 2A game.: Westview beat an outmanned and outclassed Hampton 55-14. Ty Simpson (Alabama commit) was the MVP he was 5-10 for 99 yards and 3 TD's and ran for 181 yards on 10 carries and 2 TD's. 

In the 6A game: Oakland beat Summit 43-26. This game marked the first time that defending state champions teams played for a title ( Summit won the 5A title and reclassified this season). Georgia commit Jordon James was the MVP 

he carried the ball 27 times for 232 yards and 2 TD's. Oakland now has won 2 championship in a row and 6 overall.

Congrats to all the Champions and it's just 36 weeks till kickoff!!!

The Elizabethton game was an instant classic... for those who didn't watch the game here locally Saturday on the CW, and if you have NFHS, it would be well worth your time to go out of the way and watch it.

I normally hate the low scoring affairs, but this one had me on the edge of my seat the whole second half/OT.  One of the best games you'll ever see.

22 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

The Elizabethton game was an instant classic... for those who didn't watch the game here locally Saturday on the CW, and if you have NFHS, it would be well worth your time to go out of the way and watch it.

I normally hate the low scoring affairs, but this one had me on the edge of my seat the whole second half/OT.  One of the best games you'll ever see.

Tullahoma figured out Betsy's offensive game plan about half way thru the second quarter and both teams missed some opportunities but easily the game of the weekend. I watched 7 of the games and man there is some legit talent D1 talent in Tennessee now and it's getting deeper every year.  

12 hours ago, SXSW said:

Tullahoma figured out Betsy's offensive game plan about half way thru the second quarter and both teams missed some opportunities but easily the game of the weekend. I watched 7 of the games and man there is some legit talent D1 talent in Tennessee now and it's getting deeper every year.  

The Nashville metro area continues to explode and Kevin Creasy has the Oakland program on a roll with no signs of stopping. 

10 hours ago, Melvin said:

The Nashville metro area continues to explode and Kevin Creasy has the Oakland program on a roll with no signs of stopping. 

With the addition of nearly 11,000 jobs coming to the metro area, they will dominate the state in everything not just football. It is incredible how the economic development of Tennessee has taken off in the past 5 years, not even considering what is going on with Ford in the Memphis area. That whole area south and east of Nashville is just exploding in population. Word on the street is that if Tampa doesn't get the Rays a new stadium is that the city is going to try and lure the Rays to Nashville. 

10 hours ago, SXSW said:

With the addition of nearly 11,000 jobs coming to the metro area, they will dominate the state in everything not just football. It is incredible how the economic development of Tennessee has taken off in the past 5 years, not even considering what is going on with Ford in the Memphis area. That whole area south and east of Nashville is just exploding in population. Word on the street is that if Tampa doesn't get the Rays a new stadium is that the city is going to try and lure the Rays to Nashville. 

Tropicana Field has had all the charm of a Sam's Club from day 1, and the Rays would be better off in Nashville who has shown with the Titans and Preds that they will support pro franchises. The Tampa area has supported the Bucs and the Lightning just as well, but the relationship with the Rays has always been lukewarm, due (IMO) in no small part to the stadium location and lack of ambiance.