Congrats Zach Blevins on 2 D SWD offense and defense player of the year

2 hours ago, Dobb83 said:

Sure if it was someone from Tazewell you wouldn’t have been disappointed. Come on man. Just be happy  

I graduated from Graham, and if Tazewell can’t win it, I hope Graham does.  All I’m saying, I’d be hesitant to parade those trophies on social media like deer heads when a few of my teammates might take a little umbrage with the voting results.

15 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I’d be hesitant to parade those trophies on social media like deer heads when a few of my teammates might take a little umbrage with the voting results.

Can't fault the kid for being excited but lesser issues have certainly derailed seasons.

2 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Can't fault the kid for being excited but lesser issues have certainly derailed seasons.

Tony preaches family to the boys & lives it. Let's hope the rest of the "family" Is excited for him and play their hearts out for each other Saturday. You definitely can't fault the kid for being excited & wanting to share. It's not his fault he was given the plaques before the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

None of those guys started on the offensive line during the second half of the season. On the “young” (as you say) offensive line they started 2 juniors, 2 sophomores & 1 freshman.  

Ok thanks. I said "young" because they were often referred to as being a young group. I remembered them having 3 seniors to start the season but wasn't aware all 3 were no longer starters. I knew one had moved. So technically they were a young offensive line by seasons end.

12 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Ok thanks. I said "young" because they were often referred to as being a young group. I remembered them having 3 seniors to start the season but wasn't aware all 3 were no longer starters. I knew one had moved. So technically they were a young offensive line by seasons end.

I referred to them as being surely better. Never used the word young.

Just now, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I referred to them as being surely better. Never used the word young.

I didn't say you did. During the season I have heard people on this board and in public refer to them as having a young offensive line. I knew they started out with 3 seniors. That's why I asked the question. 

6 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I didn't say you did. During the season I have heard people on this board and in public refer to them as having a young offensive line. I knew they started out with 3 seniors. That's why I asked the question. 

I understand.  I've also read that on the board this year.

3 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Have you watched Bradshaw play defense? 🥴 I agree 100% about him having an argument for offense but from what I’ve watched on defense he puts in zero effort and just waits until someone gets past him then he runs them down. 

Hrs good in coverage not so much making a tackle

2 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

First three games they had 1-2 seniors start on the o-line but some of that was due to players missing because of COVID quarantines. Since the 4th game on there was no seniors starting on the o-line.  The defensive line however will be missing 3-4 seniors that either started or got quality playing time so they’ll have a lot of replace there. 

I think the adults are the only ones making a big deal about this.  Congrats to the young man, that's all that needs to be said. I hope Mr. Blevins is healed up and ready to go on Saturday.  That kid is all heart and as tough as nails.