So who wins 1D?

BigWinners

10 hours ago, BretLowe said:

Grundy has the best team in Region D and C. 

Grundy strength - their run game is going against Galax strength which is a phenomenal front seven. And I will take Galax Oline and the Tucker kid against another run oriented team.

12 hours ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

Maybe you should go play in the alumni band, because in reality you don’t know as much football as you think you do.

Man you got me. Really nailed me. Not sure if I'll recover knowing Cousin_Hoyt doubts my football knowledge. You're aware GW was down another QB after I started the thread, yes?

I watched Grundy play Burton last night and Scammell would start for probably for most 1A/2A teams. He follows his blocks well and has a good burst of speed along with power.  I honestly was impressed with them offensively but I think if they want to make a deep run they need to play better defense. As we all know Defense wins Championships. 

On 10/11/2022 at 12:18 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Galax is right there with em. Come playoff time, the Maroon Tide are going to be battle tested with the likes of Graham and Radford and some other tough class 1 schools. If all things are equal (and they are pretty close on the field this year) Galax has the more difficult schedule advantage in my opinion, and they have been there and done that. If both teams get that far, you and I both know Grundy has its hands full (as does Galax).

Right now, the website on the left coast has it at 31-21 Galax over Grundy. 

PH and George Wythe are good. George Wythe is not at full strength and wasn't at full strength against Graham or Grundy. You could see a state semifinal game possibly that has George Wythe vs PH in it.

Uh. Grundy wasn’t  at full strength either when they played George Wythe. 

Grundy wins D unless PH can completely stop the run game. Scammell is the truth that boy will run you flat over and ask if you want seconds. And for anyone thinking Grundy might win D but won't compete against Cs winner you're wrong. I could easily see them representing the West in Salem. I think GW, Galax and Grundy all 3 are capable of beating each other on any given night. It will all come down to who shows up and who wants it more and currently I think Grundy wants it more. And lets not forget Grayson will have something to say about all this.

On 10/15/2022 at 11:03 AM, Packman said:

I watched Grundy play Burton last night and Scammell would start for probably for most 1A/2A teams. He follows his blocks well and has a good burst of speed along with power.  I honestly was impressed with them offensively but I think if they want to make a deep run they need to play better defense. As we all know Defense wins Championships. 

I have said this all season about Scammell. He is one of the best all around backs in the area regardless of classification. Like you mentioned, just a smart player. The complete package

Still may have a mistake but worked off of a my main sheet this morning updating it.  Was having to chase some stuff Saturday when I worked on the above.  I believe this may be more accurate.

Week 7 Week 8 Week 9 Week 10 
1 Rye Cove  17.8 Patrick Henry 18.4 Patrick Henry 19.6 Patrick Henry 19.3
2 Patrick Henry  16.8 Rye Cove 17.7 Rye Cove 18.0 Grundy  19.0
3 Hurley  15.5 Grundy 15.8 Grundy 17.4 Rye Cove 18.4
4 JI Burton 14.6 Hurley 15.7 Twin Springs 16.2 Twin Springs 17.3
5 Twin Springs  14.5 Twin Springs 15.6 Lebanon 15.9 Holston 17.1
6 Northwood 13.8 Lebanon 15.1 Holston 15.4 Honaker 16.3
7 Lebanon 13.6 JI Burton 14.3 Hurley 14.9 Lebanon 15.6
8 Grundy 13.6 Holston 13.7 Honaker 14.6 Rural Retreat 15.4
9 Holston 12.6 Northwood 13.5 Rural Retreat 14.2 JI Burton 14.9
10 Honaker  12.6 Rural Retreat 13.4 JI Burton 14.0 Hurley 14.8
11 Rural Retreat 10.5 Honaker 12.7 Northwood 13.0 Northwood 12.6