Central @ Union

UnionFan101

Well another big loss for the bears. They are on the playoff bubble now. Coach Turner seems to freeze on 3rd and long. Some decent pass calls near the end of the Ridgeview game but why not call them earlier in the game? Anderson had some good passes but still got no time to throw. On run plays 61 is always down field no touching anyone got good size for his age just need to get a mean streak in him 

Outside of regional title game during covid,  central has gotten the best of union lately. Maybe after the sh..show of discipline issues, they regroup and find the right attitude to get it done.  Central looks to be solid but new linebackers gonna get tested quick.  Gent/Church both dangerous. Close game more than likely. Good luck to both. 

23-19 either way

11 hours ago, UnionFella23 said:

Well another big loss for the bears. They are on the playoff bubble now. Coach Turner seems to freeze on 3rd and long. Some decent pass calls near the end of the Ridgeview game but why not call them earlier in the game? Anderson had some good passes but still got no time to throw. On run plays 61 is always down field no touching anyone got good size for his age just need to get a mean streak in him 

Union isn’t on the “playoff bubble”, LOL.  Not in a region with John Battle, Marion, and Richlands.

We seen a couple changes of the secondary of Unions defense including #13 and #10 getting reps. From what I hear more changes to come within the Union Def. Offensively Union should have no concern this game. It is just stopping the wise run game. They seem to be relying on their H-Back set and sticking with it throughout the year. I see coach turner stepping up and playing his best 11 rather than letting Edwards play his 11. these next 2 games are key M7 match ups for them. 

On 10/9/2022 at 8:46 PM, Gridiron60 said:

I’m going with Union gets the win. It may be narrowly but I think they pull it out at the Park. 

On 10/9/2022 at 8:43 PM, Union_Fan said:

Who knows??

I would like to think the Bears win this by a couple scores, but difficult to say which team shows up.

Maybe being at home will help.

1 hour ago, FoxTrot said:

Union at home should definitely take this one.  

100% agree with it being at the park and Mr. James Mitchell will be in attendance. But other than home field advantage Union will “out athlete” wise this week. Should be a close game first half but most likely end up in favor of the U. 

35-9Union

Our line is gonna have to do better seems like 52 is the only OL the last 2 games that blocked. DL will have to be set up for success 3 man front with a running team is a guaranteed lose. What happened to the old 5 3 defense it is always proven to be effective 

Go back to basics and Union gets the win

Well after watching the bears thru 6 games out of 7. I'm going to go with Central making that short trip to the not so scary bullet park no more and win comfortably. I was wrong last week on the score but still correct in my pick. The bears will make a game of it but poor coaching, time management and undisciplined players will ruin their chances. This has to be the most undisciplined team I've ever seen. I'm going central 28 the bears 17

And for the life of me I've never ever understand how offensive linemen are taught to get to the next level and block when they have a defensive linemen in front of them. Blows my mind. I understand trying to get next level but if you can't block man in front of you how can you get next level. No wonder our backs can't get no where and if you think I'm wrong go watch the film of course they going to look good blocking corners and safeties but  d-line and backers are killing the backs.

Schemes today aren't like the simple schemes of yesteryear.  Big on big still works,  if applied.  I understand the need to get to the next level,  if you're backside not playside. Think it's just some confusion adjusting sometimes during the game.  It's not just union,  it's just the current trend of play style we're in.  3 yards and a cloud of dust aren't popular anymore unfortunately. Watching more film on nfhs today, central is dangerous but simple offensively but lb play is a little weak against the run.  Might give a little more edge to the bears.  I've only seen one sustained drive this season and that was a scoreless one from tw chewing up the entire 1st quarter. 

10 hours ago, Dawg01 said:

And for the life of me I've never ever understand how offensive linemen are taught to get to the next level and block when they have a defensive linemen in front of them. Blows my mind. I understand trying to get next level but if you can't block man in front of you how can you get next level. No wonder our backs can't get no where and if you think I'm wrong go watch the film of course they going to look good blocking corners and safeties but  d-line and backers are killing the backs.

Thank you someone finally sees what I have been ranting about. But of course the coaches blame the players.

Every game they have lost has came down to bad coaching.  I bet central is praying union runs a 3 man front defense again too. 

On 10/10/2022 at 11:33 PM, Dawg pride said:

Our line is gonna have to do better seems like 52 is the only OL the last 2 games that blocked. DL will have to be set up for success 3 man front with a running team is a guaranteed lose. What happened to the old 5 3 defense it is always proven to be effective 

Go back to basics and Union gets the win

I know better than to get into a schematics discussion on here but here I go, Ive seen this 5-3/3-5 argument in regard to Unions Defense on here for awhile, just exactly what in your opinion is the difference is between the two sets?  How did the "old 5 3" defense align?

Swarming-53-Defense-Playbook-1.jpg.8f4b784e394d5c534d4e0ebf7df7d686.jpg

11 hours ago, redtiger said:

I know better than to get into a schematics discussion on here but here I go, Ive seen this 5-3/3-5 argument in regard to Unions Defense on here for awhile, just exactly what in your opinion is the difference is between the two sets?  How did the "old 5 3" defense align?

FORCES DOUBLE TEAM ON DL OPENS UP LB WAY MORE EFFICIENT 

26 minutes ago, Dawg pride said:

Swarming-53-Defense-Playbook-1.jpg.8f4b784e394d5c534d4e0ebf7df7d686.jpg

FORCES DOUBLE TEAM ON DL OPENS UP LB WAY MORE EFFICIENT 

You realize that Union couldn't possibly run this against Ridgeview.  They would of had single coverage on every RV WR which would have went poorly for Union.  This is the importance of an exceptional WR who impacts the defensive coverage and alignment more so than a RB.  

30 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

You realize that Union couldn't possibly run this against Ridgeview.  They would of had single coverage on every RV WR which would have went poorly for Union.  This is the importance of an exceptional WR who impacts the defensive coverage and alignment more so than a RB.  

You do realize that Ridgeview doesn't use the beavers kid they way they need too as well. Just straight deep balls for him. He is an excellent athlete which calls for slants deep outs in routes. Get him the ball in space. In my opinion you run a 4-3 or a 5-2 against Ridgeview with 2 high safeties and the ability to stop O'Quinn from killing you on 3rd and long with his legs.