Pulaski vs Graham (Thursday)

Gridiron60

7 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Radford might have something to say about that

Agree 100%. Radford is the real McCoy, and so is Ridgeview.  I think one of those 3 teams (Graham, RV, Radford) is setting at the top of the heep for odds on favs to win a title this year. All 3 are very close imo.

1 hour ago, Graham32 said:

Talent like King William had last year? I mean Claiborne was a different animal. 

Same talent at the skilled positions as K. William did last year? Close. KW had an All American RB, but the QB for Radford and WRs are equally as good as KWs, BUT....Major, major drop-off in lineplay comparing KW last year to Radford. KW was far better on the OL and DL. They were bigger, stronger, faster, and better. 

Radford has Baylor, Clark (the Jr QB and future 1st team all stater in Hoops and track star) and the younger Prioleau kid in the secondary. Baylor rotates to linebacker some as well. They are all freakishly athletic and throwing the ball on them is a problem. The morphing of Grahams offense puts them in the best position to possibly beat Radford IF the 2 teams get that far. Radfords d line is pretty good, but not great, and a running team with a superior OL could cause them problems.

The problem for opponents....Radfords offense is almost becoming "fuseball" like in ability to score. Almost video gameesk like K. William was last year.  They can strike from anywhere on any play.

4 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Agree 100%. Radford is the real McCoy, and so is Ridgeview.  I think one of those 3 teams (Graham, RV, Radford) is setting at the top of the heep for odds on favs to win a title this year. All 3 are very close imo.

What does cal preps say?

4 minutes ago, EH31 said:

What does cal preps say?

Radford 32, Ridgeview 17

Radford 28, Graham 27

Graham 28, Ridgeview 14

Graham 31, Luray 28

Radford 35, Luray 28

Luray 31, Ridgeview 21

Central Woodstock 21, Ridgeview 20

Radford 35, Central Woodstock 21

Graham 31,  Central Woodstock 21

If going by Calpreps and who they favor for the top 8 in Class 2, it's the following 8 in order

1-4 are Radford, then Graham, then Luray, then Central-Woodstock

5-8 are Strasburg, Ridgeview, Union, Poquoson

Martinsville, Appo, Thomas Jefferson of Richmond, King William are all in the next group and all 4 of them are close.

As a Bobcat supporter, it feels good to be favored over a team like Graham.  It lets me know my team is pretty good because the GMen seem to always be good, but 1 point favorites ain't enough to be comfortable. If we go on to win out and then win C, & Graham wins D, the game at Raddy could be one of the most attended at our stadium in decades.  Even with population declines, that stadium will be packed with fans locally knowing the quality of play of the 2 schools.  Also, word is out among our fans and alums that we have the best chance, or at least we think we do, to win a state title since Ken Alderman and the old timers from the early 70's, and with the history of Graham and their football prowess, many Radford alums will come home and make the trip for this one.

On 10/20/2022 at 1:43 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Gonna be 48 degrees up there at kickoff and drop to about 39 by halftime. I hope NFHS Network works well and is on its game tonight, because I'm saving my Mitchell Stadium trip for Ridgeview vs Bluefield.  I'm gonna hit Double Gates Grocery and the hotdogs hard for that Ridgeview game. I start with 5 dogs, then get 5 more to go for the parking lot at the game.  My wife eats 3 and she's only a buck ten.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=785701735986242&set=a.724268072129609

RIP 

On 10/21/2022 at 6:23 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Radford 32, Ridgeview 17

Radford 28, Graham 27

Graham 28, Ridgeview 14

Graham 31, Luray 28

Radford 35, Luray 28

Luray 31, Ridgeview 21

Central Woodstock 21, Ridgeview 20

Radford 35, Central Woodstock 21

Graham 31,  Central Woodstock 21

Crazy how cal preps knows Graham is gonna miss an extra point vs Radford maybe it’s 2 FGs instead lol

6 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

28-27 was the score of the Radford vs Floyd game... maybe Graham goes for 2 and doesn't make it?

Of course, CalPreps also had Radford beating Floyd pretty handily and them beating Glenvar handily. Eventually, some team might go for 2 & make it against them??? They’re luck has to run out at some point on those one point games , right??? 😂😂😂🤞🤞🤞Go Glenvar, lol! Maybe they’ll be the one! 😂

51 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Of course, CalPreps also had Radford beating Floyd pretty handily and them beating Glenvar handily. Eventually, some team might go for 2 & make it against them??? They’re luck has to run out at some point on those one point games , right??? 😂😂😂🤞🤞🤞Go Glenvar, lol! Maybe they’ll be the one! 😂

Would love for the team representing C to have to travel to the team representing D.  Radford is the only undefeated team left in C and nobody from D can outpoint them if they remain undefeated.  Definitely pulling for Glenvar this week.