Ridgeview vs Bluefield

Gridiron60

On 10/25/2022 at 8:50 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

Couple of things:

1. I'm not sure how WV playoff point system works... is Bluefield on life support for a playoff spot?Β  If so, Bluefield wins.

2.Β  Are the WV refs as bad as Richlands folks have said they are in the past when Richlands plays Beaver?Β  If so, Bluefield wins.

I'm thinking at least one if not both bullet points are accurate, so I say Bluefield wins.

I remember Beaver played Man in Mitchell Β in the 70’s, they ran 3 plays in the last 3 seconds and finally won. Β The Man coach took his team off the field for the extra point and then was suspended for not staying on the field. Β Beaver has cheated for decades.

Seems as if Bluefield has this one wrapped up. Β Ridgeview has been as unimpressive as an 8-0 team can be. Β IMO the coaching is lackluster. Β Two guys trying to call plays on offensive. Β No sideline discipline. Β No real in game or half time adjustments. Β Clock management doesn’t exist. Β When a kid makes a mistake does not seem to be coached up. Β I watched a kids have 3 false starts in the same series. Β Most good coaches would have pulled him and let him know this isn’t how we do things. Β Instead hats and headset were thrown and the refs were being berated FOR NO REASON AT ALL. Β The kid was moving all night long. Β I don’t know how this is gonna get any better this year. Β Disappointed Fan

40 minutes ago, Bandana Knight said:

Seems as if Bluefield has this one wrapped up. Β Ridgeview has been as unimpressive as an 8-0 team can be. Β IMO the coaching is lackluster. Β Two guys trying to call plays on offensive. Β No sideline discipline. Β No real in game or half time adjustments. Β Clock management doesn’t exist. Β When a kid makes a mistake does not seem to be coached up. Β I watched a kids have 3 false starts in the same series. Β Most good coaches would have pulled him and let him know this isn’t how we do things. Β Instead hats and headset were thrown and the refs were being berated FOR NO REASON AT ALL. Β The kid was moving all night long. Β I don’t know how this is gonna get any better this year. Β Disappointed Fan

You said it. As unimpressive as an 8-0 team can be. Β 

We warned everyone that the coaching could undo a promising season. Β The playcalling has been poor most of the year. Β Stubbornness is not a good quality for a play caller. Tonight the coaching disparity was remarkable.

Why in the he$$ have some people been giving Bluefield votes in those weekly top 12 polls with all of their losses?Β  That's ridiculous!!!

Ummm...no, it's actually not. They better buckle up and/or strap down in the saddle if the Beavers make it in the WV playoffs. Always dangerous are the talented Beavers....ALWAYS!

26 minutes ago, ArmchairQb said:

Lol . Β Blame the coaching for this beat down ?Β 

Bluefield is good but they certainly aren’t as good as we made them look. But yes Another night of offensive coaching disappointment. Β  Β Especially going for it on 4th and 2 on our own 26 yard line. Β 
On another note there was a time or two that we were moving the ball well by short passes and runs. Β Then we decide to go away from what’s working and throw three straight deep balls. Β Let me rephrase three straight badly overthrown deep balls. Β  Why not stick with getting first downs and what was working??Β 

3 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Ridgeview is overrated.Β  All that talent and no coaching.Β  The one who should be leading them is in Honaker now.Β  The Pack are getting what they deserve for running off Tiller.Β  Wouldn't be shocked at all to see them one and done.

I agreeΒ 

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Ridgeview is overrated.Β  All that talent and no coaching.Β  The one who should be leading them is in Honaker now.Β  The Pack are getting what they deserve for running off Tiller.Β  Wouldn't be shocked at all to see them one and done.

The boys didn’t run Tiller off. So they deserve it?Β 

3 minutes ago, Packman said:

The boys didn’t run Tiller off. So they deserve it?Β 

I think he's referring to the guys in power than ran Tiller off. He's not referring to the current players or wishing them ill intent.Β  I agree with swvahavoc by the way. He's right. For the guy or guys that did this, they are paying the price. Unfortunately, rhe kids do as well, and that's the sad part. Incredibly talented football team that has all the tools to possibly go the distance.

It's a given by now offensively. They aren't changing. When Beavers only has like 10 catches over the last 6 or so games, you have a problem on the sidelines, not on the field. Ridgeview still has a chance. With that loss, they are likely going to miss Graham/Union who will play each other in round 2, and RV has very good odds of playing for the Region title by not facing either Graham or Union until the region title game.

Ok. Β Sorry I apologize I took it wrong. Seems like only play they know to Beavers is the Bomb. Β I mean why not the slant or let him run the jet sweep do something put the dang ball in his hands more.Β 

Just now, Packman said:

Ok. Β Sorry I apologize I took it wrong. Seems like only play they know to Beavers is the Bomb. Β I mean why not the slant or let him run the jet sweep do something put the dang ball in his hands more.Β 

I agree Packman. I took it that way at first and then reread it and got it. Zero diversity on O for RV and FAR more.

When you have 1 or 2, maybe 4 fans saying it, then it can be just talk and frustration. When you have basically the entire RV fanbase saying this and saying this from game 1, not game 7 or 8, but warning about it from game 1, it's legit. My opinion,,,,,most coaching critique on this board is 95 plus percent of the time pure non sense and overblown and hyperbole. This is that 5% where it's actually valid. It actually applies here. I think if most non RV fans knew what happened down there to get to this change, and they truly knew the ins and outs of it, they would ALL agree with your plight. You have an absolute mess that will reach a boiling point.Β  I also respect your restraint in holding back details that don't need shared here. Most non RV fans actually don't know the restraint you've showed regarding details.Β 

O ya I just hate it for the young men who have worked hard because of some big egos of some guys on sidelines. Β But we have to go on and do the best we can do and I will support the boys. Β Bluefield sure is better than there record though. Β 

I could say a lot. But all I’ll say is these boys deserve better. Β  Sidelines are a mess, players fighting amongst themselves on the sidelines and on the field, players erupting and throwing helmets with no discipline. Β there has been a sideline warning flag in every game I’ve seen this year and I’m not sure what went on but seemed to be an issue after the game. It’s just very frustrating. I keep saying week after week that we will figure it out, that we will see things on film and work on them. It’s week 9 and It didn’t happen Β this week Β Let’s hope again for next weekΒ 

19 minutes ago, Backpack said:

I could say a lot. But all I’ll say is these boys deserve better. Β  Sidelines are a mess, players fighting amongst themselves on the sidelines and on the field, players erupting and throwing helmets with no discipline. Β there has been a sideline warning flag in every game I’ve seen this year and I’m not sure what went on but seemed to be an issue after the game. It’s just very frustrating. I keep saying week after week that we will figure it out, that we will see things on film and work on them. It’s week 9 and It didn’t happen Β this week Β Let’s hope again for next weekΒ 

I don’t foresee a deep play off run with this team. Β They have three really good high school football players with the he ball in their hands. Β Not every who has on ball skills is a running back. Β  They have lined up all three of these kids in the backfield and tried to running plays. Seem as if they are calling play to please the kid, parent or whoever’s upset about not β€œgetting theirs” by no mean ms am I faulting any kid on that team it simply the culture. Β To change that it start when they are learning the game 10,11 and 12 years old. Β If a kids blows up and tosses their helmet sit them on the bench period no questions ask but when you do that COACH HIM UP but just let him sit over and wait to calm down. Β 

20 minutes ago, Bandana Knight said:

I don’t foresee a deep play off run with this team. Β They have three really good high school football players with the he ball in their hands. Β Not every who has on ball skills is a running back. Β  They have lined up all three of these kids in the backfield and tried to running plays. Seem as if they are calling play to please the kid, parent or whoever’s upset about not β€œgetting theirs” by no mean ms am I faulting any kid on that team it simply the culture. Β To change that it start when they are learning the game 10,11 and 12 years old. Β If a kids blows up and tosses their helmet sit them on the bench period no questions ask but when you do that COACH HIM UP but just let him sit over and wait to calm down. Β 

Exactly. Β Kids are kids and they are going to get frustrated. Use it as a teaching moment. Some things are bigger than footballΒ 

10 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

We warned everyone that the coaching could undo a promising season. Β The playcalling has been poor most of the year. Β Stubbornness is not a good quality for a play caller. Tonight the coaching disparity was remarkable.

It had nothing to do with coaching tonight...Bluefield had more speed and talent than Ridgeview.Β  You all talking about how good your QB is...he has one of the weakest arms I've seen for a "good" QB.Β  His deep balls are lobs or jump balls (ie. throws it up to which ever player can get to it) and his short passes have zero zip on them.Β  Ridgeview had zero speed on the outside or on D.Β  Best player was Hill the RB. He did most of the work on his runs as the OL got little to no push on the Beavers.Β  None of that has to do with coaching...

15 minutes ago, GMan said:

It had nothing to do with coaching tonight...Bluefield had more speed and talent than Ridgeview.Β  You all talking about how good your QB is...he has one of the weakest arms I've seen for a "good" QB.Β  His deep balls are lobs or jump balls (ie. throws it up to which ever player can get to it) and his short passes have zero zip on them.Β  Ridgeview had zero speed on the outside or on D.Β  Best player was Hill the RB. He did most of the work on his runs as the OL got little to no push on the Beavers.Β  None of that has to do with coaching...

That’s unpossible! Β All I’ve heard for 2 solid years is that O’Quinn is by far the best QB in SWVA, actual performance and mechanics on the field be damned!

43 minutes ago, GMan said:

I do not totally disagree with you. Β I don’t know if we could have won even if we brought our A game. Β Taking no credit away from Bluefield they’re a good team. And the fact that our OL can’t hold a block or even block period isn’t on the coaches either. Β Rasnick and Lester can’t block them all.

Long time reader, first time poster. Β I read a post on social media talking about the importance of sportmanship, it also applies to parents & fans. Β Since consolidation, I’ve watched many RV games & shook my head at the actions of some players, parents & fans. I can’t help but think that many of those actions were a result of what’s posted on here. When I read this board, all I see is negative, contradicting posts that are of no help to anyone, except the posters ego. β€œThis player needs the ball more”, β€œwe don’t run the ball enough”, β€œwe run the ball too much”, β€œmore short passes”, β€œtoo many deep balls”, β€œTiller”, β€œEdwards”, name calling. These help nothing. Do you honestly believe any coach is reading this for advice or even reading it at all?? Β But I’m sure these kids do read it, so this cancerous nonsense spreads from β€œparent/fan poster” to player & throughout the team. How about reading you’re the on the most overrated unimpressive 8-0 team?? Real confidence booster!! Tiller & Edwards we’re not fired, they accepted jobs at other schools that they applied for, so move on from that. Remember these are kids & in a few short weeks, it’s over for some & it may be a coaches fault, a players fault or just a better team(sometimes those actually exist). I would like to see it end with a trophy, but these silly blame game posts won’t help that. This site had a good purpose, but has turned into a whining place for egotistical parents/fans & so this will also be my last post. Β  Good luck Wolfpack the rest of the seasonΒ 

33 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

That’s unpossible! Β All I’ve heard for 2 solid years is that O’Quinn is by far the best QB in SWVA, actual performance and mechanics on the field be damned!

He had a lot of Individual coaching last year. Β Not sure he’s getting that this yearΒ 

5 minutes ago, WolfpackGhost said:

Long time reader, first time poster. Β I read a post on social media talking about the importance of sportmanship, it also applies to parents & fans. Β Since consolidation, I’ve watched many RV games & shook my head at the actions of some players, parents & fans. I can’t help but think that many of those actions were a result of what’s posted on here. When I read this board, all I see is negative, contradicting posts that are of no help to anyone, except the posters ego. β€œThis player needs the ball more”, β€œwe don’t run the ball enough”, β€œwe run the ball too much”, β€œmore short passes”, β€œtoo many deep balls”, β€œTiller”, β€œEdwards”, name calling. These help nothing. Do you honestly believe any coach is reading this for advice or even reading it at all?? Β But I’m sure these kids do read it, so this cancerous nonsense spreads from β€œparent/fan poster” to player & throughout the team. How about reading you’re the on the most overrated unimpressive 8-0 team?? Real confidence booster!! Tiller & Edwards we’re not fired, they accepted jobs at other schools that they applied for, so move on from that. Remember these are kids & in a few short weeks, it’s over for some & it may be a coaches fault, a players fault or just a better team(sometimes those actually exist). I would like to see it end with a trophy, but these silly blame game posts won’t help that. This site had a good purpose, but has turned into a whining place for egotistical parents/fans & so this will also be my last post. Β  Good luck Wolfpack the rest of the seasonΒ 

I can about guarantee that those actions you speak of have nothing to do with what’s been said on here. Β  Tiller and edwards did not get fired but They were ran off to put it lightly. As a player or coach if I see comments that imΒ overrated im going to use that as fuel to prove people wrong. Β