Ridgeview vs Bluefield

Gridiron60

Big game for the Beavers! Everyone counted them out of the playoffs after their dismal start but they’re starting to roll. Ridgeview has talent to spare but I’d put Freddie’s coaching & play calling ahead of theirs unless something changes by next week. The last time the Wolfpack was at Mitchell they lost. Will they win this go around? If Ridgeview is looking ahead to the playoffs, Bluefield could upset the applecart. If anyone can pull a win over an undefeated Ridgeview, Bluefield can in my opinion. Whether that happens, who knows? I wouldn’t put money on this game either way. Should be a heck of a night of football! Thoughts? 

26-21 Ridgeview says Cal Preps.  I'm going with 27-15 Ridgeview.  I think Bluefield has a hard time moving the football on Ridgeview, and Ridgeview's conservative play selection will stumble onto/by accident something decent here as Bluefield's weakness is the run, and RV will be able to run it enough (by accident) to win the game.  But, if RV comes out on several drives and opens up 1st down with the 50 yard deep ball for an incomplete pass and is forced with 2nd and 10 on multiple occasions due to ugly 1st down play selection, they will lose the game, as they are leaving themselves only 2 downs to get 10 yards.  

Bluefield has been playing well lately.  The timing with the QB and receivers has improved tremendously.  Beavers have too much speed and will score on big plays.  Ridgeview has the edge on the line of scrimmage, but the Beavers have improved in that area.  Fuller doesn't need much time to make plays.  I'll go with Bluefield by 7 in a back and forth game.

10 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Bluefield has been playing well lately.  The timing with the QB and receivers has improved tremendously.  Beavers have too much speed and will score on big plays.  Ridgeview has the edge on the line of scrimmage, but the Beavers have improved in that area.  Fuller doesn't need much time to make plays.  I'll go with Bluefield by 7 in a back and forth game.

I really think Fuller has improved tremendously as the season has progressed. Unless RV does better with the play calling on O, I think Bluefield can manage a win. I’m like you could be back & forth all night. 

7 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I’m going to say RV finds a way to get it done and wing by a td.  Setting up the showdown at Gate City for the district title and an undefeated season. 

I think GC could still lose to Central.  I don't think they will, but GC is a team turning the corner from being really bad to really good, and those corner turns produce wins over Abingdon and Union, but produce games like Radford and Lebanon who played GC fairly close.  It takes a good year or two to fully turn the corner. I wouldn't be surprised if Central has the game with GC very close, and possibly even winning.  

As for Ridgeview.  One thing of concern.  Abingdon had some success, not a ton, but some success getting around the corner on RV's defensive end.  RV better correct that this week because the kids from Bluefield turning the corner are bringing a whole lot more speed, and if Abingdon can get the corner, Bluefield can get the corner.  That is something fixable by RV in practice.

Offensive play calling has got to change for RV. If that happens I expect a good win for the Pack on the road. If that doesn’t happen. Then it will be another very long night for the Pack. Every game scares this Wolfpack can right now and it should not be that way. I know how hard the players work and want the changes to be made that can allow them to use their full strengths and abilities. The only things preventing their extensive success is the offensive play calling. Ridgeview by 14 at least, if the changes are made. If not, then they will have have fight really hard again to barley get the win or even their first loss. 

R.V. for seeding, if they run cold now it could potentially show up the next game they could drop a couple of spots depending on rider points.  I believe that there are a couple of teams that would like another shot at them as well as a couple of teams not looking forward to that match-up.  Bluefield is in a must win every week after a slow start to the season.  Should be a good one.  Good luck to both

26 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Might have to ride up and check this one out

Ridgeview at Bluefield or Glenvar at Radford....tough choices...but thanks to Auburn the Riner trip is off lol

All I have to say is go Bluefield & Glenvar 😂! If I weren’t going to Blacksburg, I’d be at Mitchell watching! I may have to watch it on my phone while watching GMen in person, lol! 

3 hours ago, Pick6 said:

If Bluefield can stop 2 plays that ridgeview runs then Bluefield by 21.

Stop the 50 yard bombs every 4th play or the run up the middle and you win..  Man buns only 2 play calls 

Bluefield is playing good fundamental ball compared to first half of the season.  Hope for a great game settled by less than 6pts.

looking back on film, the games that didn't happen to work, they had to figure out other ways to move the ball and appeared to struggle.  Several times during those situations vs Union,Abingdon, and Grundy for a minute they struggled and got several good breaks that went their way in the form of penalties, blown coverages, and just bad play.  Taking nothing away from them, they're very athletic/fast/physical.  I can't figure out any kind of scheme that they're trying to perfect.  They are capable of scoring 60 or 06 any game, it's hard to watch knowing how good they could be.  Stil gonna be a great clash in a couple of weeks with Gate City.  at gate city? MOVE IT TO A SATURDAY EVERYONE IN SWVA WILL BE THERE LIKE A PLAYOFF TITLE GAME

51 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Bluefield is playing good fundamental ball compared to first half of the season.  Hope for a great game settled by less than 6pts.

looking back on film, the games that didn't happen to work, they had to figure out other ways to move the ball and appeared to struggle.  Several times during those situations vs Union,Abingdon, and Grundy for a minute they struggled and got several good breaks that went their way in the form of penalties, blown coverages, and just bad play.  Taking nothing away from them, they're very athletic/fast/physical.  I can't figure out any kind of scheme that they're trying to perfect.  They are capable of scoring 60 or 06 any game, it's hard to watch knowing how good they could be.  Stil gonna be a great clash in a couple of weeks with Gate City.  at gate city? MOVE IT TO A SATURDAY EVERYONE IN SWVA WILL BE THERE LIKE A PLAYOFF TITLE GAME

It’s very hard to watch and very frustrating to know the athletes we have could have a very prolific offense.   

Bluefield's QB has turned into a dynamic QB.  He is athletic and his timing and decision making has improved since the beginning of the season.  He was making the transition between basketball player to football player.  I think he has come along nicely.  Bluefield will be hard to deal with from this point on.

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

The risk with a Saturday is that it’s Halloween Saturday. Lot of activities this weekend across SWVA. Lol