GW vs Grayson

Can’t wait for this game! GW gets their starting safety/QB back (not playing QB, the kid there is playing great so no need to change at this point) he is switching to slot/wr on offense. Just another sped guy on the edge. GW finally healthy since week 3! 

I'm looking forward to see how this one turns out, I know Grayson has played a weak schedule but they have also done what they were supposed to do and beat most of those teams soundly. Curious to see how GW looks at full strength as well.

10 minutes ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

Can’t wait for this game! GW gets their starting safety/QB back (not playing QB, the kid there is playing great so no need to change at this point) he is switching to slot/wr on offense. Just another sped guy on the edge. GW finally healthy since week 3! 

Huge game in Wytheville on Friday. Looking forward to finally seeing GW at full strength, and seeing how Grayson handles its first real test. Pendleton Field should be rocking with homecoming+district on the line.

12 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Good luck GW! Glad everyone is back full strength. Has Grayson played a tough schedule? If not, I predict a GW victory. A weak schedule shows up in tough games! 

No not really but their next two games are GW and Galax so we’ll see how good they are.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Good luck GW! Glad everyone is back full strength. Has Grayson played a tough schedule? If not, I predict a GW victory. A weak schedule shows up in tough games! 

Grayson has played a weak schedule but they've done what they were supposed to do against the lesser teams and they're gaining confidence with each win. We will see how they react if someone punches them in the mouth if that happens in the next two weeks 

Glad to see GW healthy. As a neutral fan, if a team is not that good and they have injuries, I don't pay much attention to it because it's not my team. If the team is really good and it's obvious they are really good if healthy, as in possible chance to play for a state title (George Wythe) then I care more, even though it's not my team, I care because you don't want to wonder "what if." Graham will have that question for 30 years for the state title game last year with the injuries. It's a bad feeling to have, so I am glad GW is healthy and they certainly have a good shot to win C and a good shot to win the Semifinal game if they stay healthy. 

I don’t know if GW can get up for this game like they did against Galax. GW came ready to play against Galax and played at different level than they had all year, like they was cpapable of playing.  If they do they should win , but if they play like they have any game beside the Galax game then it will not be a W Grayson has not played a strong schedule although they have not struggled against those teams either. 

1 hour ago, Optimal62 said:

I don’t know if GW can get up for this game like they did against Galax. GW came ready to play against Galax and played at different level than they had all year, like they was cpapable of playing.  If they do they should win , but if they play like they have any game beside the Galax game then it will not be a W Grayson has not played a strong schedule although they have not struggled against those teams either. 

Part of being a good or great team is getting up when it is time to get up and when it's needed. If GW can't do that, then they are not a great team. This statement applies to any and all teams, not just GW. It applies to Grayson also. 

Can Grayson become the Riverheads of 1C football in the upcoming years? They are 8-0 which is impressive. Some people say they haven't beat anyone but thats not true. Beaten a few decent teams and throddled Rural Retreat 39-0. I say the Riverheads of 1C because with an enrollment of 364 they should be moving up to Class 2 next year but were allowed to stay down at the last minute. A lot easier to build and maintain success in Class 1 ball with those numbers.

Easy now, Grayson was 9-0 going into game 10 with Galax and got beat, finished the year 10-2 in 2011, then in 2012 went 9-3, and have since been around .500.  Dont think 1 random year puts them in that category yet; they were 4-6 last year. 

19 minutes ago, Hokie Bound said:

Can Grayson become the Riverheads of 1C football in the upcoming years? They are 8-0 which is impressive. Some people say they haven't beat anyone but thats not true. Beaten a few decent teams and throddled Rural Retreat 39-0. I say the Riverheads of 1C because with an enrollment of 364 they should be moving up to Class 2 next year but were allowed to stay down at the last minute. A lot easier to build and maintain success in Class 1 ball with those numbers.

Who are the decent teams they beat other than Rural Retreat?

29 minutes ago, Hokie Bound said:

No, in my opinion they can't.  As long as Galax and George Wythe and Giles are in region 1C, Grayson will not be dominant in 1C.  They may win 1C a time or two, but not be Riverheadsesk in 1C.

40 minutes ago, Hokie Bound said:

Grayson will have their turf field installed by spring. Construction is set to begin as soon as this season ends. They are definitely putting resources into the football program. We will see where it takes them. 

This season is something of an anomaly for Grayson in my mind. They had no less than 5 players transfer into the program after being homeschooled since birth. Those are just the ones I know of. I have heard rumors, there could be as many as 8. The players I know of have all been extremely productive. The question is, can Grayson sustain this level of success when those outlets to bring players into the program dry up? Take those players away from the current roster, Grayson loses about 90% of its offensive production. 

Grayson County schedule

Alleghaney NC.  3-6

Carroll County 1-7

Rural Retreat 4-3

Marion 1-7

Covington 1-7

Auburn 1-5

Giles 3-5

Fort Chiswell 2-6

Total 16-46

I'm sure some of these teams are better than their records but none of them are power house's by any stretch of the imagination right now. With that being said Grayson has done exactly what they were supposed to do against all of these teams and are continuing to gain confidence with each win. They have played a weak schedule but they're a good football team I believe.

28 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Grayson County schedule

Alleghaney NC.  3-6

Carroll County 1-7

Rural Retreat 4-3

Marion 1-7

Covington 1-7

Auburn 1-5

Giles 3-5

Fort Chiswell 2-6

Total 16-46

I'm sure some of these teams are better than their records but none of them are power house's by any stretch of the imagination right now. With that being said Grayson has done exactly what they were supposed to do against all of these teams and are continuing to gain confidence with each win. They have played a weak schedule but they're a good football team I believe.

Wow.  That's not good for opponents records.  That average.......if every opponent (just to make numbers easy) has played about 8 games, that would be 2 wins and just under 6 losses for each opponent.