Week 11 Scores/Updates

Graham32

1 hour ago, Duke2015 said:

Don’t know a thing about King William but no one will be within 3 scores of Graham in Region and don’t really see C being any better.  So unless a disastrous performance by them they’ll cruise to state.  But we’ll give em hell trying 

One game at a time as much as I’d like a rematch with King William with a fully healthy team, there’s a lot football before then and no game is a given. GMen have to bring their best every game. I was pleased we didn’t have 100+ yards in penalties. 

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Final:  Riverheads 35, Stuarts Draft 13

Final:  Floyd 34, Carroll County 23

Region C seeding.  1-Radford, 2-Martinsville, 3-Glenvar, 4-Appo, 5-Floyd

somebody on VAPreps has Allegheny #5 and Floyd #6

32 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

Chilhowie went from naval to back state appearances a couple years ago to 0-10 this year . 

Ironically, the only other 0-10 team in Chilhowie history was actually better than the '17 and '18 state runner-up teams and the '70 State Championship team. The 1980 team was 9-1 but had to forfeit all its wins due to an ineligible 2nd string player and missed the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Canes00 said:

We don't get to enjoy to much around here lol 

Hey, y’all’s theatre team did great from what the announcer said & the halftime show was excellent by the band. I love me some football but there are other activities that can bring notoriety to a school. Congratulations to your theatre team & good luck to them the rest of the way if there’s more competitions. 

5 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

It’s crazy Phoebus is only a class 3 school. I mean the gap between the top of class 2 to the top of class 3 seems pretty big. 

Phoebus is really the Hampton All - Stars and Oscar Smith is the Chesapeake All - Stars

15 hours ago, Pegasus 27 said:

Phoebus is really the Hampton All - Stars and Oscar Smith is the Chesapeake All - Stars

It's interesting how that has changed in the Hampton/Phoebus area.  For decades, it was all Hampton High Crabbers, but the "neighborhood" or little district now part of Hampton as of 1952, and once its own incorporated town, has flipped the script.  Most of Phoebus's talent comes from the nearby Buckroe Beach neighborhood and not Phoebus.  Buckroe Beach kids have always gone to Phoebus High and Buckroe was once a very, very nice little cool beach, but became drug and crime infested by the mid 1990's.