Lebanon @ Grundy

Pioneer

I think this one will be close. Honaker  had Grundy on the ropes, and had Lowe not got hurt who knows how that outcome would  have changed. I think Lebanon is finally figuring out how to win games. Their passing attack is going to be a tough out for Grundy to stop. Lebanon will have a difficult time stopping Grundys run game as well. This one could likely come down to which team makes less mistakes. Most of the season I probably would have picked Grundy, but I'm going with Lebanon, even if my brain says they will have to play a perfect game to do it. 

Lebanon 48

Grundy 42

1 hour ago, Pioneer said:

I think this one will be close. Honaker  had Grundy on the ropes, and had Lowe not got hurt who knows how that outcome would  have changed. I think Lebanon is finally figuring out how to win games. Their passing attack is going to be a tough out for Grundy to stop. Lebanon will have a difficult time stopping Grundys run game as well. This one could likely come down to which team makes less mistakes. Most of the season I probably would have picked Grundy, but I'm going with Lebanon, even if my brain says they will have to play a perfect game to do it. 

Lebanon 48

Grundy 42

Grundy going to win this one 

I think it could be another shoot out. Both offenses put up yardage, just in different ways. Lebanon has more athletes than Honaker so it would make sense to think they could move the ball like Honaker. Grundy size is impressive and will make it hard to stop their ground game. Look forward to seeing how this plays out.

39 minutes ago, swvasportsjunkie said:

I think it could be another shoot out. Both offenses put up yardage, just in different ways. Lebanon has more athletes than Honaker so it would make sense to think they could move the ball like Honaker. Grundy size is impressive and will make it hard to stop their ground game. Look forward to seeing how this plays out.

Lebanon does have more weapons, but when the field is a mud bog it doesn’t matter. That field is truly an embarrassment and borderline unsafe between the poor lighting and the swamp like footing/rocks. 

1 hour ago, Tigerman10 said:

Lebanon does have more weapons, but when the field is a mud bog it doesn’t matter. That field is truly an embarrassment and borderline unsafe between the poor lighting and the swamp like footing/rocks. 

Lebanon has more weapons IF Grundy's Right Tackle, Right Guard, Center, Left Tackle, Left Guard, and Tight End aren't considered weapons.

Let me preface that I could be totally off base here. I’m not sure Lebanon pulls this one off. It’s probably a barn burner and Grundy squeaks it out. I don’t believe Lebanon has more weapons than Grundy. They do have some athletes that may be better than some of Grundy’s counterparts but likewise, Grundy had some athletes to answer Lebanon’s threat. Should be a really good game. 

12 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Lebanon has more weapons IF Grundy's Right Tackle, Right Guard, Center, Left Tackle, Left Guard, and Tight End aren't considered weapons.

Weapons typically refer to skill players-someone with your extensive film work should probably have that terminology down by now. 

Lebanon isn’t going to stop the run-that’s a given. They have a chance in a shootout because Grundy’s pass defense is suspect, but the field’s poor conditions will favor the running team. We were right there last week until Lowe got hurt. I can see why Leb feels like they have a shot, but the field makes it tough to run routes and make cuts which is what Leb’s best players do well 

Lebanon has a puncher’s chance, but I give the edge toward Grundy, especially in the mud. It’s tough to compare Grundy to Twin Springs on record and ratings alone. Just as trying to compare Horne and Scammel in another thread by stats alone, Grundy has faced stiffer competition. 3/4 losses came at the hands of 2A playoff teams and that gap has been established for this year.

I agree Grundy has played a tough schedule. All the teams Lebanon lost to are all still playing this weekend which includes 2 double a schools. If play calling does not go conservative, whose to say Lebanon doesn't beat Gate City. Gonna be a good one for sure Friday night 

I’m really looking forward to this game. We will be bundled up like eskimos in the stands, cheering on our team 😍. The Twin Springs field wasn’t in the best of shape last week and it caused some issues with our players more than a few times. I’m sure there will be some issues from the mud that everyone’s talking about. Just praying we make it through without any major injuries on either side. It’s been awhile since we have been in  this position and win, lose or draw this will have been a good senior season for our son to look back on, this could be his last football game. 
   Horne walked all over us last week and I imagine we will have a tough time stopping their ground game. If Reece can stay calm and make accurate passes I think we could pull it off.  
Lebanon 45 

Grundy 42

2 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Grundy's run game is on another level than Twin Springs, and Lebanon's D gave up 49 to them. If that not a flashing red light for Lebanon, then Idk what would be.

I'm not 100% sure that Grundy's run game is on a whole different level. I think is is closer than you think, but Grundy's defense is is on a way higher level than Twin Springs.

I belive this game will look like the Honaker game. Lebannon will keep it close until the 4th than Grundy runs away with it.

On 11/15/2022 at 12:20 PM, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

They are weapons in the same way a group of bulldozers are. They will run you over so the RB can hit your lbs in the mouth lol. I gotta go Grundy here Lebanon can sling it and Grundy can be best over the top. But Lebanon isn't stopping that RB the guy is the truth lol.

1 hour ago, 02GW12 said:

They are weapons in the same way a group of bulldozers are. They will run you over so the RB can hit your lbs in the mouth lol. I gotta go Grundy here Lebanon can sling it and Grundy can be best over the top. But Lebanon isn't stopping that RB the guy is the truth lol.

Bingo