Narrows vs GW

Dobb83

26 minutes ago, Dobb83 said:

Narrows is 9-1 can they pull an upset or would it even be an upset? 

It would definitely be an upset if Narrows won. They have only beaten one team with a winning record and loss to the second worse team in the MED. They don’t have a run game but do have two great receivers, with one of them being the fastest kid in the Region. But if GW applies enough pressure to the QB I think they win by 14-21.

Narrows has played no team with a pulse this year including my Spartans they lost to but.....they have 2 great athletes at WR that can make huge plays...as gridiron said they have zero running game but if you dint get pressure on the QB he could pick you apart with those athletes

I'll say GW wins by 10

Narrows is about 45 miles from Wytheville, VA, and playing at the same or similar classification levels for a long time, yet other than in 2019ish when they last met, the previous meeting was before the century turned. Like.....1 contest in nearly a quarter of a century for teams 45 minutes apart and same classification. This weekend will be the 2nd one in nearly 25 years if I read it right on fourseasons football. That's kind of....weird. 

5 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Narrows is about 45 miles from Wytheville, VA, and playing at the same or similar classification levels for a long time, yet other than in 2019ish when they last met, the previous meeting was before the century turned. Like.....1 contest in nearly a quarter of a century for teams 45 minutes apart and same classification. This weekend will be the 2nd one in nearly 25 years if I read it right on fourseasons football. That's kind of....weird. 

Not weird at all when you dodge quality competition to drive 2 hrs plus one way to get easy wins

3 minutes ago, ehcwasp said:

Five of the schools left in 1C (GW/GRAY) and 1D (PH/LEB/GRU) were division 2 just a few yrs ago....add in NAR, and 6 out of 8 are also former AA schools

That’s right. Many are now sort of the big fish in the smaller pond. Not criticizing. It is what it is, and there is no perfect system.

I think GW is far superior but It’s according to which GE team shows up. They have been up and down all year. If the good GW shows up they win very comfortably . GW has had the easiest road to region championships of anyone in the state