Grundy vs George Wythe

Gridiron60

2 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

It's all about match ups ! GW will likely be a much different look for Riverheads . The RED TEAM better not sleep on this bunch . I see a very close game going either way . All the talk of GW being the underdog I will have to disagree . jmo

GW is without a doubt the underdog going against a Class 2 team with 6 straight state titles. I would love to see the Maroons win this one and I think they may keep it close for a half but Riverheads wins by 14-21. 

17 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

Didn’t think I would ever be saying this statement about GW but Riverheads will be facing a better coaching  staff next week in Salem against GW than they did today. Lol

Well since you know so much football and are such a good judge of coaches and players, I have one simple, easy question. Why are you not the Head Coach at George Wythe? I guess if you were the Head Coach, George Wythe would be going for their seventh consecutive State Football Championship instead of Riverheads.  Well, is that so?

7 hours ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

Well since you know so much football and are such a good judge of coaches and players, I have one simple, easy question. Why are you not the Head Coach at George Wythe? I guess if you were the Head Coach, George Wythe would be going for their seventh consecutive State Football Championship instead of Riverheads.  Well, is that so?

Easy there fuzzball don’t get so worked up you give yourself a stroke.  First of all just take a look back through all these threads and you will see I am not in the minority here. Even the loyal GW posters have been screaming it for years. So there’s that. It’s all on tape to view and written about more times than I can count. 

To answer your one simple question .I have done my time coaching one year as a grad assistant in college and 8 years high school. Loved it as far as making it to 7 state championships ? never claimed that but I did make it to two Southern Conference  championships in college  one as a coach, one as player.

But bottom line money!!! It doesn’t pay enough!! God bless those that do. These guys start in august spend at least 4 hours a day after the work their regular job and if they make it deep in  playoffs, all the way to December. And the assistants get roughly 1500 per season and the head coach won’t even break six figures. A few do but a very few. The community found out the new head coach at Grayson is getting paid 80k a couple weeks back and they are calling for the super intendants head on a stick. So yeah good times.
So mr Hoyt here is your hat back! Have a great championship week. 

You made a very rude comment about the Grundy coaches. Then again, being obnoxious, rude, and arrogant  are common traits by certain schools and people along I-81 from Abingdon  to Salem. This has been observed and noticed for years, especially in Wythe County and Washington County. Some of the comments made by people from Rural Retreat and Chilhowie this fall when a certain school requested to join the Hogoheegee were just plain rude and uncalled for. I can think of a few better terms to describe you and this, however, if I use them Mr. G-Man would probably kick my “ar$e” off here and I couldn’t follow Cousin Liam.

1 hour ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

You made a very rude comment about the Grundy coaches. Then again, being obnoxious, rude, and arrogant  are common traits by certain schools and people along I-81 from Abingdon  to Salem. This has been observed and noticed for years, especially in Wythe County and Washington County. Some of the comments made by people from Rural Retreat and Chilhowie this fall when a certain school requested to join the Hogoheegee were just plain rude and uncalled for. I can think of a few better terms to describe you and this, however, if I use them Mr. G-Man would probably kick my “ar$e” off here and I couldn’t follow Cousin Liam.

Being from GW I had a pleasant experience with the coaches and fans from Grundy. They were pleasant when we traveled to Grundy and they were pleasant here. not sure why someone would bad mouth them. My boys said the players played with class, hell even one of theirs stretched one of ours out when he fell over with cramps. 

2 hours ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

His comment was toward the Essex coaching staff, not Grundy's.

For what it's worth, I can't speak for an entire town, but pretty much everyone I know has had nothing but glowing things to say about the Grundy team, staff, and even more so, it's fan base. Feel how you want about us or anyone along the SWVA I-81 corridor....I'm not here to try and change your mind. However, I'll root for Grundy in any sport as long as they aren't playing GW. 

3 hours ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

Umm you are going to have to help me understand. I never once mentioned Grundy in my comments , so not sure what you are on about or on period!! I was speaking about Essex coaches. As far Rural retreat and Chilhowie again I am lost. So there that!

13 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:
15 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

Umm you are going to have to help me understand. I never once mentioned Grundy in my comments , so not sure what you are on about or on period!! I was speaking about Essex coaches. As far Rural retreat and Chilhowie again I am lost. So there that!

Still a rude comment.