Top Mountain 7 players

VFL

A few players to watch out for from each school. 

Ridgeview - Ryan O’Quinn QB, Gabe Hackney RB, Branson Honaker TE/DE

Union - Reyshawn Anderson QB/DB, Keith Chandler LB Union, Paul Huff WR

Central - Jude Davis LB, Ethan Collins WR

Lee - Brynnen Pendergraff QB, Grayson Huff RB, WR cannot remember his name Huff maybe

Gate City – Luke Bledsoe QB, Mason Hickman FB/LB

Abingdon – Luke Honaker QB/DB

JS Battle – thanks for showing up, Mountain Six just doesn’t have the same ring to it

Is that the same Collins for Central that plays basketball? Didn't know he played football, did he play last year?

6 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Lee - Brynnen Pendergraff QB, Grayson Huff RB

Abingdon – Luke Honaker QB/DB, Dasean Lucas OL/DL

JS Battle – thanks for showing up, Mountain Six just doesn’t have the same ring to it

4 minutes ago, pakdastands said:

Is that the same Collins for Central that plays basketball? Didn't know he played football, did he play last year?

It is, he didnt play last season. I added him based on what he does on the court, kid is a tremendous athlete 

58 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Lee - Brynnen Pendergraff QB, Grayson Huff RB, WR cannot remember his name Huff maybe

Grayson Huff sounds right

3 hours ago, redtiger said:

Pendergraff.  I'm old, but seems like a former Lee player name that was on some of those great Lee teams circa 1990 (33 years ago).   

3 hours ago, redtiger said:

For Lee, the WR you are talking about is Konner Early

18 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

Ronnie Pendergraft was 1,000 yard rusher in '89.

That's the timeframe I'm thinking of.  The Team that lost to Blacksburg in the playoffs and Blacksburg went on to shock Salem in the semi's, then win the state title the following week in 89.  Lee had the dude on that team named Pendergraft (who you mentioned).  Lee also had one of the better HS linebackers I've seen come out of SWVA in the last 35 years named LW Carter or Carten, or something like that.  Lee got payback on Blacksburg in 90 and put a good whipping on Salem, then lost to Tabb in the state title game in 1990. The 89 and 90 Lee teams were incredible.

In 1991, Salem got payback on Lee and beat em up pretty good down at Salem in the semi's.  The 2nd play of that game, that LB for Lee (LW Carter or whatever the name was) knocked Marcus Parker (future VT starting RB) completely out/unconscious. One of the hardest hits I've seen in HS. Parker would come back in later and do major damage to the Generals. 

Yes he was in the film I have seen.  His brother Brandon is more my age and played at ETSU and had a shot in minicamp with the Steelers I believe.  He is on staff with Union again this year I think.   Hes more nationally known for his MMA career and almost beating Jake Hager a couple of years ago.  

6 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Yes he was in the film I have seen.  His brother Brandon is more my age and played at ETSU and had a shot in minicamp with the Steelers I believe.  He is on staff with Union again this year I think.   Hes more nationally known for his MMA career and almost beating Jake Hager a couple of years ago.  

Oh! The local MMA fighter is LWs brother.  I've seen Brandon Calton fight. Had no idea they were kin. Not surprising though. Tough family.

4 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

If you watched the fight, he 100% beat Hager. Bullshit decision. 

Jake Hager is a former pro wrestler, Jack Swagger. 

4 hours ago, BigWinners said:

If you watched the fight, he 100% beat Hager. Bullshit decision. 

Jake Hager is a former pro wrestler, Jack Swagger. 

Complete ass kicking, Hager/Swagger is the bigger name and got the decision. I believe Hager went to the hospital from the fight, Calton was fine

On 8/21/2023 at 9:10 PM, redtiger said:

Complete ass kicking, Hager/Swagger is the bigger name and got the decision. I believe Hager went to the hospital from the fight, Calton was fine

Looked like he'd been in a car wreck, or at least hit by a truck.  His give the man props though he took a beating and stayed upright somehow.