Graham vs. Marion - Thursday night.

Real Sasquatch

How will this play out?  They have the Bye week next week, followed by Lebanon and then a tough matchup with Pulaski Co.  

Will they get healthy and make necessary adjustments to improve enough to be a contender late in the season?

If they come out and have another performance like they did against V - High, I could see this game coming down to the wire again.  Clean up the penalties and sloppy play and they should win comfortably (with or without Clements).  They will need Clements at 100% and the O - Line to improve a bit down the stretch, I think to make another run this year.  They are a long way from where they were at at the end of last season.  Can they get there? or be close to the team they were last season?  I think so, the pieces are there, they just need to start putting it all together and soon.  Graham has made tremendous improvement the past couple of years as the season goes on.  This season, they seem to be stuck in neutral.  Gonna have to kick it into gear, or they will be parked in the garage late in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

How will this play out?  They have the Bye week next week, followed by Lebanon and then a tough matchup with Pulaski Co.  

Will they get healthy and make necessary adjustments to improve enough to be a contender late in the season?

If they come out and have another performance like they did against V - High, I could see this game coming down to the wire again.  Clean up the penalties and sloppy play and they should win comfortably (with or without Clements).  They will need Clements at 100% and the O - Line to improve a bit down the stretch, I think to make another run this year.  They are a long way from where they were at at the end of last season.  Can they get there? or be close to the team they were last season?  I think so, the pieces are there, they just need to start putting it all together and soon.  Graham has made tremendous improvement the past couple of years as the season goes on.  This season, they seem to be stuck in neutral.  Gonna have to kick it into gear, or they will be parked in the garage late in the playoffs.

Carter Lloyd should make his return tomorrow. We will see how that affects the offensive line. 

10 hours ago, CPF said:

Carter Lloyd should make his return tomorrow. We will see how that affects the offensive line. 

I would sit him until you play Lebanon. Just my opinion though. 

43 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

Might as well chalk it up as another loss for the Hurricane. Graham wins big. 

I hope you’re right but Marion is better this year, Graham hasn’t proved they are. Everyone thought VH would get beat big too but that didn’t happen. 

Marion isn't playing all that bad from where they were a year ago but Graham is still good enough up front that they'll score almost at will.  You never know though, Marion needs it but not as bad as Graham does right now.  They stumble now and take a chance of an early rematch  in the playoff's with a team or two they might not want to see until late.  Graham hasn't shown the usual improvements we're accustomed to seeing from them from game 1-5 and clicking on all cylinders by November.  The way it looks right now, Graham, Union, Ridgeview, and Gate City are gonna be in some order of 1-4. I hope it works out for the best 2 to meet in the Regional Title game and not the Semi's.

Graham 42-Marion-21

At this point in 2D, there are 3 contenders, Graham, Ridgeview and Union. Next week, Union hosts Ridgeview. After that, we should know if there are still 3 contenders or not.

GC couldn't compete with Union and I don't see them competing with Graham. 

If Union beats Ridgeview, they're probably the #1 seed, so that will make Ridgeview/Graham the #2 and #3.

If Ridgeview wins, they'll be #1 without a doubt setting up a 2nd rd matchup with Graham and Union.

I hope to start running projections this upcoming week.

For this week, however, Graham wins and I don't think it'll be close.

5 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

At this point in 2D, there are 3 contenders, Graham, Ridgeview and Union. Next week, Union hosts Ridgeview. After that, we should know if there are still 3 contenders or not.

GC couldn't compete with Union and I don't see them competing with Graham. 

If Union beats Ridgeview, they're probably the #1 seed, so that will make Ridgeview/Graham the #2 and #3.

If Ridgeview wins, they'll be #1 without a doubt setting up a 2nd rd matchup with Graham and Union.

I hope to start running projections this upcoming week.

For this week, however, Graham wins and I don't think it'll be close.

I've seen the Blue Devils.  I watched the Bears take GC completely apart.  Gate City ain't bad by any means.  Good football team, but they ain't touching Union or Graham, and I don't know if they will play with the Ridge or not.  Gate City does not have the speed, but this year, they are small.  Smallest GC team I think I've ever seen, or at least that I can remember on the line of scrimmage.  Union and RV will tell a whole lot more in Region D like you said. 

Almost got the score right lol.  With the current injury bug they've had I can't agree with starters staying in late. Qb got sacked late, potentially bad but walked away. Better game for them, hurricanes team speed not much.  Coe looked like he had the frame and ability to be a DE at the next level. 

Graham’s defense has a great game other than a couple times. Omari Hill played lights out. Edwards had a great game. O Line still struggling somewhat. QB had to contend with a lot of pressure tonight. If the O Line could catch up to the D Line, that would be a game changer. I wouldn’t have played Clements at all. I’m not sure if Lloyd ever went in but he’s still noticeably limping even though he was cleared. Hopefully, bye week brings rest & healing some of these players need. 
Marion played hard & has some good athletes. Improved from last year , no longer the bottom of the SWD. 

6 hours ago, Number 50 is my dad said:

Lloyd got in. Unfortunately he had an issue. Hopefully it’s minor. 

Was that him who came up limping but then waved off the Dr/Medical Personnel?