VHSL released the first power points of the season.

SW_VA_boy

29 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Why you think that? They still gonna have best player on the field and that's huge in D1

I think the main advantage for us would be that we can actually prepare ourselves for Pruett playing QB. First game we wasn’t accounting for him to have his hands on the ball every play and we weren’t able to make in-game adjustments.

On the other hand I’m sure that Narrows has starting implementing new plays like RPOs that will make him more of a threat playing QB. 

I think it would be another tight game, Giles will just have to do better scoring points inside the redzone. 

If Giles is to beat GW and FC we could potentially get the 6th seed and not having a first round rematch with the Waves bc I think they’ll stay in the #2 spot 

4 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I think the main advantage for us would be that we can actually prepare ourselves for Pruett playing QB. First game we wasn’t accounting for him to have his hands on the ball every play and we weren’t able to make in-game adjustments.

On the other hand I’m sure that Narrows has starting implementing new plays like RPOs that will make him more of a threat playing QB. 

I think it would be another tight game, Giles will just have to do better scoring points inside the redzone. 

Yeah I agree but our pass defense is so bad I can't see us stopping them no matter who QB is

41 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Why you think that? They still gonna have best player on the field and that's huge in D1

It was close the 1st time and Narrows got lucky at the end of the game. Key Pruett at QB if he Is at the position. Game plan to get more pressure and it's a different ballgame. 

48 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

It was close the 1st time and Narrows got lucky at the end of the game. Key Pruett at QB if he Is at the position. Game plan to get more pressure and it's a different ballgame. 

I respect your opinion....I just think our pass defense is so bad with pruett at WR all they will do is throw it up and I'm not sure much we can do to stop it

If he's at QB we tackle bad too.

But it would be a close game 

Any of those top 8 in 1C could win the region at this point. I don't think anyone has lifted and separated. The top third of 1C has regressed and made it a much more wide-open region with no clear front-runner.

Take away those C/QB gaffs in the very early stages of the Galax/GW game, it's an even football game. GW gifted Galax two scores in the first four minutes of the game and the final margin was 15 points. With that said, neither team was very sharp or looked very good. Both showed flashes of what they could be but were wildly inconsistent. Coaching on both sidelines didn't put the kids in a good position for success either. 

Grayson County may rise to the occasion. I do think they are the most talented team in 1C right now. But they have played down to their opponents all season save the Giles game. That level of inconsistency usually doesn't correct itself come playoff time. Couple that with a little bit of Facebook drama from Independence over the turf field leading to some injuries, I don't trust GC to advance very far come postseason play.

A few mistakes in C/D rankings

2D - Gate City should be 16.5, Middlesboro has 4 wins, not 3

1D - Twin Springs should be 16.6, Cumberland Gap, TN only has 1 win
1D - Thomas Walker should be 14.6, Cumberland Gap, TN only has 1 win

1C - Narrows should be 19.2, James Monroe, WV has 4 wins

1C - Bland "Might" be 6.25, VHSL not giving Smith Mt Lake credit for their win over Fishburn Military Academy. Not sure if this is an oversight or intentional.

Hopefully, a few projections tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

1C - Bland "Might" be 6.25, VHSL not giving Smith Mt Lake credit for their win over Fishburn Military Academy. Not sure if this is an oversight or intentional.

Twin Valley I think is off as well. Montcalm has 4 wins instead of 3. 

47 minutes ago, appyvol said:

Twin Valley I think is off as well. Montcalm has 4 wins instead of 3. 

I think that's because they played Hannan, WV which is not on the VHSL master schedule.

Not sure what/when VHSL will do about that.

They'll fix it this weekend.

There's always going to be probs with the first release... mostly it's Week 0 OoS games being left off. There's a few of us that go over it and send in what we find. My list has 20 things on it (Pineville has 3 mistakes on the Master), and I only do 6 Regions. Usually, about 3/4ths get fixed in a day or two, the others take a little longer. It'll show up on the next full run.

As for SMLCA.... the rules are a little complicated, but most games against private schools don't count.  Basically, if it's a military or Catholic school, it's a no. So forget about Fishburn, Hargrave, Fork Union, Massanutten, STAB, North Cross, Lexington Christian, Madonna, Notre Dame & Wheeling Central Catholic.

Look at the master schedule. If no Class is listed for an opponent, it's not counted. Then look at the ratings. You'll see the private schools listed together, and they all show no result for the games that don't count.

On 10/4/2023 at 2:29 PM, Union_Fan said:

I understand the PP scoring system with wins but the losses are a bit confusing.  For example I believe science hill is 4-3 so how many points do we get for that and since we lost do we get rider points.

7 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

I understand the PP scoring system with wins but the losses are a bit confusing.  For example I believe science hill is 4-3 so how many points do we get for that and since we lost do we get rider points.

Yes. Even get points with a loss, but not as many.

You get base points for the loss. Then 1 pt for each win the opponent that beats you has.

Since SH is 6A, we got 14 base points and if they win 6 games, we'll get 6 rider points for a total of 20.

Had we played Burton and won, we'd have gotten 18 base points and 2 for each win, which the way its looking will be 0.

Better to lose to SH than beat Burton for competition and the playoff preparation.

On 10/4/2023 at 2:29 PM, Union_Fan said:

Do you have Cumberland Gap listed as a 2A school? I bet that is the difference you are getting. 

1 hour ago, TS Fan said:

Do you have Cumberland Gap listed as a 2A school? I bet that is the difference you are getting. 

This what I get for trusting Max Preps. Northwood only hase 1 win.

Edited by TS Fan

1 hour ago, Duke2015 said:

Doesn't make sense. How can you understand level 2 w/o knowing level 1?

Base points are 4/6/8/10/12/14, and +1/win.
Bonus points for a win are 12 and +1/win.
Lose to a 5-5 2A team.... 6 + 5 = 11
Beat a 5-5 2A team... 11 + 12 + 5 = 28 

3 hours ago, TS Fan said:

3 hours ago, TS Fan said:

This what I get for trusting Max Preps. Northwood only hase 1 win.

Yep. Have Cumberland Gap as 2A, and Max Preps is seldomly ever reliable.

Beat RC!

7 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

Doesn't make sense. How can you understand level 2 w/o knowing level 1?

Base points are 4/6/8/10/12/14, and +1/win.
Bonus points for a win are 12 and +1/win.
Lose to a 5-5 2A team.... 6 + 5 = 11
Beat a 5-5 2A team... 11 + 12 + 5 = 28 

Cause I don’t sit around all day thinking about it anything else you need to know