Galax vs Grayson

BandanaVTDavis4321

Much talk in the west and well deserved talk about Honaker, Grayson and the last few weeks, defending runner up state champions George Wythe.

Never leave 'Little Salem' out of the equation because the Maroon Tide likes to open a can of whoopass this time of year. Can they pull it off? Last year, at this time, it was Grayson who put it on Galax.

Galax has to clean up a lot of issues on the offensive line, defensive line and the entire special teams from the first meeting with Grayson. 

Grayson dominated the line of scrimmage and gained two possessions with recovered onside kicks. Grayson exposed some deficiencies in Galax line play and special teams. We’ll see if Galax cleaned that up. 

Congrats to Coach Allen on job well done under difficult circumstances.  Grayson was a mess offensively...... IMO very poorly coached on that side of ball.  Had 12 weeks to come up with a offensive scheme with the best skill in region and relied  on random big plays and special team scores.  

14 hours ago, Pickett said:

Congrats to Coach Allen on job well done under difficult circumstances.  Grayson was a mess offensively...... IMO very poorly coached on that side of ball.  Had 12 weeks to come up with a offensive scheme with the best skill in region and relied  on random big plays and special team scores.  

Galax rattled them early and the QB and coach struggled the rest of the night.  Galax dominated the line of scrimmage all night- something they did not do the first game 

3 hours ago, RedPrideNation said:

Essex or Sussex may have a say on whether Galax wins the whole thing. Thing is GW is no slouch and I feel either will beat the Region D winner. 

GW and Galax are no slouches and have a history of winning and I'm a Region C guy. I hope Galax wins the whole thing, but Honaker is "Radfordish" on offense and GW/Galax will have one heck of a time beating them. I know Sussex, Essex and Altavista are good and I have no idea if they beat Honaker...IF Honaker is the team from the west, but I promise you this, Honaker will score......alot, win or lose even if it's Essex. They have a dynamic and explosive Offense at the Class 1 level. 

If Galax doesn't win it, I will root for Honaker because I like Tiller. Tiller is a heck of a coach. I've always liked him going back to his time at F.Chiswell.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

If Galax doesn't win it, I will root for Honaker because I like Tiller. Tiller is a heck of a coach. I've always liked him going back to his time at F.Chiswell.

I'd love to see where Fort Chiswell would be right now had Tiller stayed. Maybe the frontrunner for a state championship. 

Honaker does have an explosive offense, but I am not sold they can stop someone enough. Very good team but this time of year you its better to have a defense allowing 10-12 than one allowing 19-21. I havent looked at the actual numbers but watching them I am not convinced they can get a stop against a solid run team late in a game. Maybe they can and I am in left field but that's what I see. Good luck to all the teams left, it should be interesting to see

1 hour ago, Hokie Bound said:

Riverheads fate was to get bumped up to class 2A. Maybe Grayson should have accepted the same fate and went to class 2A instead of throwing their little temper tandoms and threatening a lawsuit. Who knows they might still be playing this week lol.

You think they’d have a better shot against Radford or Appo or Glenvar? Not sure I agree lol

22 hours ago, BigWinners said:

You think they’d have a better shot against Radford or Appo or Glenvar? Not sure I agree lol

Not really lol. I was referring to Grayson making three appeals and threatening a lawsuit before the Executive Committee let them stay in class 1A with the small schools. If they can't win 1A then no they definitely can't win 2A. Just making reference to their little temper tandom lol. They expected to run would thru 1A but it didn't happen. Their enrollment is actually larger than Riverheads.

12 minutes ago, Hokie Bound said:

Not really lol. I was referring to Grayson making three appeals and threatening a lawsuit before the Executive Committee let them stay in class 1A with the small schools. If they can't win 1A then no they definitely can't win 2A. Just making reference to their little temper tandom lol. They expected to run would thru 1A but it didn't happen. Their enrollment is actually larger than Riverheads.

Gotcha. It is wild Grayson js somehow 1A but Riverheads and Graham are 2A.