Honaker vs Galax

Tigers_07

21 minutes ago, gwloyal said:

Tucker is the name everyone will hear over the PA, but Ashworth is the straw that stirs the drink, IMO

AJ Ashworth is not only the best player on the team, he’s the hardest working, most selfless, dedicated player as well. So was his older brother Ian and their cousin Cade. God that has to be a luxury for a head coach when a kid like that takes the young-uns under his wing. 

Don't know enough about Galax, but Honaker has some Richlands transfers that have played tough 2A schools and will know how to handle pressure.  My wife graduated Honaker, still loves the orange and black, so happy wife, happy life, I'm going with Honaker by 14 points.  It may not go this way, but as long as I perdict it this way, I can enjoy my supper with a smile on my face and a happy wife in the house. Lol

16 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

Scuttlebutt is Honaker coach stated on a podcast that he felt really good about the matchup as he didn’t think Galax should be there!   He may very well win but wow big statement about  a perennial team in the semis - Bold move Cotton let’s see how that works out for him. 

Whoa...I don't think any team makes it to the state semis undeserving. Even if you thought it, why say it? Lol That just gives fuel to the Maroon Tide to want to prove they deserve to be there. 

55 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

Scuttlebutt is Honaker coach stated on a podcast that he felt really good about the matchup as he didn’t think Galax should be there!   He may very well win but wow big statement about  a perennial team in the semis - Bold move Cotton let’s see how that works out for him. 

Pretty sure he said something similar when Fort Chiswell beat Galax 35-34 during the regular season and faced Galax in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Galax beat FC in the rematch 40-0. 

26 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I'm not trying to be offensive here, but I'm really struggling and having a tough time reconciling how one has the last name of "Scuttlebutt."  It reminds me of guy I once knew in Texas with the last name of Shittselstein. 

Not sure if this is serious or an attempt at humor. Here’s a clarification. 

The scuttlebutt is, Honker’s coach…….