Who has games this week? and predictions?

pakdastands

9 minutes ago, Elder statesman said:

The Hammonds girl for Lee is pretty good.  She needs another solid player to take some pressure off.

I watched Eastside 3 times in the Wise tourney,  I thought they have a good team,  should come down to them and Honaker for the Region title!!  They have a big girl inside that will be a tough matchup for a lot of teams,  Only negative I saw was it seemed a 25' jumper seems to be one players number 1 option on offense!!

On the girls side it will be a 3way battle with Central, Abingdon, and Ridgeview.  With Bays not playing at Gate City, they will not be able to contend.  Union seems to have everyone leaving the program, including the coach.  Battle and Lee will struggle for wins other than against each other.

Boys side will be hard to predict.  Gate City should be very good. One constant you get from Gate City in boys and girls is the tenacity on defense.  They are relentless all game long.  Ridgeview, Central and Abingdon are hard to predict.  Their talent is very streaky.  Battle has some good players but maybe not the best all around team.  Union is young, with some football injuries to slow them down early.  I can't comment on Lee, just don't know enough about them for a full opinion.

12 minutes ago, Elder statesman said:

Boys side will be hard to predict.  Gate City should be very good. One constant you get from Gate City in boys and girls is the tenacity on defense.  They are relentless all game long.  Ridgeview, Central and Abingdon are hard to predict.  Their talent is very streaky.  Battle has some good players but maybe not the best all around team.  Union is young, with some football injuries to slow them down early.  I can't comment on Lee, just don't know enough about them for a full opinion.

I hadn't heard anything about any injuries from football to Union.

15 hours ago, Stelley said:

Lebanon boys go to eastside on Friday. Any knowledge on eastside? I figured since they had like 3-4 starters graduate they would be in rebuild mode

I think Eastside graduated 6-7 of last years players but I may be mistaken.  No matter what Damron and his staff will have them well prepared and tough to beat.

27 minutes ago, Elder statesman said:

On the girls side it will be a 3way battle with Central, Abingdon, and Ridgeview.  With Bays not playing at Gate City, they will not be able to contend.  Union seems to have everyone leaving the program, including the coach.  Battle and Lee will struggle for wins other than against each other.

Don't think it will be a 3 way battle.  I think it's Central and Abingdon on their own level, then Ridgeview, Union, Gate City, Battle, and Lee.  Not knowing what Battle has, Lee could flip with them.  If Abingdon's coach could get out of his own way, they would win the district crown.

Ridgeview girls will be top 3 in the district.  They have a quick, talented group going about 6 deep.  The thing they lack is size, that's where Wise and Abingdon should be a level ahead.  I don't see any other team in the district being a threat to the top 3.  

NFHS commentators mentioned some nagging injuries holding back Union in football.  I don't think it held them out of playing but it will slow them down until they have time to recover.

5 minutes ago, Elder statesman said:

Ridgeview girls will be top 3 in the district.  They have a quick, talented group going about 6 deep.  The thing they lack is size, that's where Wise and Abingdon should be a level ahead.  I don't see any other team in the district being a threat to the top 3.  

NFHS commentators mentioned some nagging injuries holding back Union in football.  I don't think it held them out of playing but it will slow them down until they have time to recover.

gotcha

1 hour ago, Elder statesman said:

That's what I said.  I just don't think they will be in the mix for the district title.  But they are 3rd for sure.  It should be tiered like this:

Abingdon/Central

Ridgeview

Union/Gate City

Batte/Lee

7 minutes ago, jwgarrett20 said:

That's what I said.  I just don't think they will be in the mix for the district title.  But they are 3rd for sure.  It should be tiered like this:

Abingdon/Central

Ridgeview

Union/Gate City

Batte/Lee

7 minutes ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Abingdon/Central

Ridgeview

Union/Gate City

Batte/Lee

Is this girls?

4 hours ago, Elder statesman said:

Doubt ridgeview or eastside will be a contender for their districts. A combined 16 points in the first quarter doesnt really make for a championship team. Maybe eastside could win the Cumberland since it’s a pretty weak district this year and considering the fact they have one of the best coaches around

18 hours ago, pakdastands said:

I have heard that the bunch kid may have tore his meniscus